2L. No motivation Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
IrwinM.Fletcher

Silver

Re: 2L. No motivation

Post by IrwinM.Fletcher » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:08 pm

Whoa did I ever fuck up evidence today- closed note, race-horse issue spotter. Did my failure piss me off enough to kick it into gear for these last two finals?

Absolutely not. Spent the last hour negotiating a trade in fantasy baseball.

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:50 pm

Bombed my tax final today. Didn't reach one of the questions at all and half-assed two others. They only give out D's in special cases of unparallelled fuck uppery. I may have earned one. Dios Mio.

Pretzel_Logic

Platinum

Post by Pretzel_Logic » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:53 pm

Copyright final in the morning:

moandersen

Silver

Post by moandersen » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:58 pm

IrwinM.Fletcher wrote:Whoa did I ever fuck up evidence today- closed note, race-horse issue spotter. Did my failure piss me off enough to kick it into gear for these last two finals?

Ya, that exam blew...

PirateCap'n

Silver

Post by PirateCap'n » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:01 pm

moandersen wrote:
IrwinM.Fletcher wrote:Whoa did I ever fuck up evidence today- closed note, race-horse issue spotter. Did my failure piss me off enough to kick it into gear for these last two finals?

Ya, that exam blew...
Thirded. Realized afterwards that I somehow managed to get through the entire exam without ever even mentioning 403 . . .

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:05 pm

TTH wrote:Bombed my tax final today. Didn't reach one of the questions at all and half-assed two others. They only give out D's in special cases of unparallelled fuck uppery. I may have earned one. Dios Mio.
Don't worry, I typed over 5000 words on my Admin exam and after it was all said and done realized I said next to nothing regarding Chevron/Mead. OOPS.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:55 pm

TTH wrote:Bombed my tax final today. Didn't reach one of the questions at all and half-assed two others. They only give out D's in special cases of unparallelled fuck uppery. I may have earned one. Dios Mio.

So....don't rely on flow charts?

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:25 pm

kalvano wrote:

Or just have your shit organized better than I did. I just spent too much goddamned time flipping from charts to outline to code obssessing over running down every thread. Sigh.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:26 pm

TTH wrote:
kalvano wrote:

Or just have your shit organized better than I did. I just spent too much goddamned time flipping from charts to outline to code obssessing over running down every thread. Sigh.
I'm sorry you didn't get a chance to forcibly fracture your penis off in the anal cavity of your Tax final examination.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dailygrind

Diamond

Post by dailygrind » Tue May 01, 2012 1:43 am

Banking and Finance is a clusterfuck. I've got some old outlines for the class that I've pieced together into my own, and it's legitimately the longest outline that I will ever be bringing into an exam. I have literally read a book cover to cover and had a shorter outline than this. Fuck you, American banking system.

bceagles182

Silver

Post by bceagles182 » Tue May 01, 2012 1:49 am

This is absolutely hilarious because I just did the exact same thing. Bombed a final this morning, came home and negotiated a fantasy baseball trade all day. What? It's a 14 team keeper with huge payouts. Shit is legit.

starchinkilt

Bronze

Post by starchinkilt » Tue May 01, 2012 2:36 am

gwuorbust wrote:
starchinkilt wrote:Welp, after that impossible natural resources exam, I have no motivation to study for my last exam.
natural resources is fucking awful.
Yeah, during the essay portion I had absolutely nothing to write - half of the statutes we covered were just bullshit "planning" statutes with no substance to talk about.

Big Shrimpin

Gold

Post by Big Shrimpin » Tue May 01, 2012 9:32 am

COT damn law school exams are such a useless exercise.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Tue May 01, 2012 9:42 am

yeah im fucked for secured trans, no two ways about it. the plan is to study what i can all day today and tonight, go to sleep at like 3 or 4, wake up at 8, take exam hopefully no later than 10, and be done at 1:30. from that point i will have exactly 28 1/2 hours to do an ethics take home which i know nothing for.

as stars burn

Silver

Post by as stars burn » Tue May 01, 2012 10:21 am

Aw, I missed this board.

My Evidence exam is going to suck like everyone else's except my teacher has a modified "open-book," which, according to her definition, allows us to essentially re-write a small outline into our rules book instead of bringing in a typed-version of the outline in (Whaa??). Yeah. I hope I can learn evidence in 4.5 days.

Also, unlike a lot of 2Ls, I have Con Law I this semester. Closed book and closed-note, and we must have gone through at least 150 cases. Fuck me.
Last edited by as stars burn on Tue May 01, 2012 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

as stars burn

Silver

Post by as stars burn » Tue May 01, 2012 10:25 am

bceagles182 wrote:
traehekat wrote:
bceagles182 wrote:Just got bent over by professional responsibility. I didn't even know that was possible. I suppose it'd be fitting if PR was my worst grade in law school though considering how little I care.

Gotta turn my attention to Sec Reg. now as well.
what kind of exam was it? closed book? MC?
Open Book, Essays. Wish it was MC, because I usually dominate those. I had nowhere near enough time today. I focused on the MRPC but the Prof must have covered the issue spotter in one 10+ classes I missed this semester because I had no idea what it was talking about. Couldn't find a rule so just threw in some shit about 8.4.
I completely feel your pain. PR is officially the lowest grade I have ever received in law school. The only thing that made me feel better is that it was a measly 2-credit hour class. Nonetheless, it was absolutely heartbreaking. The exam was entirely MC, but here's the catch: each answer could have multiple answers, and he took off points for every wrong answer. Yes, it was possible to have NEGATIVE points. It was SO easy to fuck yourself by second-guessing, choosing multiple answers when you shouldn't. Fucking hated that exam with every fiber of my being.
Last edited by as stars burn on Tue May 01, 2012 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Tue May 01, 2012 10:27 am

White Collar Crime tonight. I have studied for exactly 3 hours.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

starchinkilt

Bronze

Post by starchinkilt » Tue May 01, 2012 10:32 am

Water law tomorrow morning. Casebook is sitting next to me, but I have 0 motivation to open it.

Antilles Haven

Bronze

Post by Antilles Haven » Tue May 01, 2012 10:36 am

Planning for next semester exams:
Sec. reg. first
4 hour wealth transfer 48 hours later
then banking law 6 days after that.

wealth transfer is going to be a bitch either way, and banking is moot with 6 days to study for it. sooo is sec. reg. enough material to kill me?

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Tue May 01, 2012 11:52 am

Antilles Haven wrote:Planning for next semester exams:
Sec. reg. first

wealth transfer is going to be a bitch either way, and banking is moot with 6 days to study for it. sooo is sec. reg. enough material to kill me?
have heard from numerous people that sec reg has an ungodly amount of material.

dailygrind

Diamond

Post by dailygrind » Tue May 01, 2012 11:56 am

Banking is an ungodly amount of material as well. It is seriously unfathomable to me how the system doesn't collapse under the weight of regulation. Probably because it is insanely lucrative. A lot of the material is redundant to bankruptcy (like most of the receivership stuff is exactly the same + the power to pierce the corporate veil), a bunch of it is redundant to admin (Chevron deference, scope of judicial review), there's some corps stuff in there too, but it's still insanely, insanely rich with material.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Pretzel_Logic

Platinum

Post by Pretzel_Logic » Tue May 01, 2012 2:07 pm

Have to learn all of PR before Thursday morning. That's possible right?

Took an 1.5 hour nap right after my copyright exam this morning. Awwwww yeah.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Tue May 01, 2012 2:18 pm

Evidence tomorrow. Outlined everything but hearsay and it's exceptions... which accounts for 75 pages of notes and more than half our class.

Antilles Haven

Bronze

Post by Antilles Haven » Tue May 01, 2012 2:19 pm

traehekat wrote:
Antilles Haven wrote:Planning for next semester exams:
Sec. reg. first

have heard from numerous people that sec reg has an ungodly amount of material.
shit.
dailygrind wrote:Banking is an ungodly amount of material as well. It is seriously unfathomable to me how the system doesn't collapse under the weight of regulation. Probably because it is insanely lucrative. A lot of the material is redundant to bankruptcy (like most of the receivership stuff is exactly the same + the power to pierce the corporate veil), a bunch of it is redundant to admin (Chevron deference, scope of judicial review), there's some corps stuff in there too, but it's still insanely, insanely rich with material.
shit. haven't taken bankruptcy or admin.

3 killer exams as a 3L it is then.

Pretzel_Logic

Platinum

Post by Pretzel_Logic » Tue May 01, 2012 2:31 pm

I keep reminding myself that five exams is never happening ever again. ever. ever.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”