2L. No motivation

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby rad lulz » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:56 am

Hope those dicks who set off the fire alarm jumped out of the window in a misguided attempt to escape.

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby traehekat » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:41 am

alright, under 48 hrs to learn secured transactions, probably should get to work.

User avatar
D-hops
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:48 pm

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby D-hops » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:18 am

Holy fuck Sec Reg is a lot of material. I should have started this weekend instead of taking naps.

User avatar
TTH
Posts: 10378
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 1:14 am

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby TTH » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:36 am

Gonna break my dick off in the tax final's ass today. I got mad flow charts.

User avatar
PitchO20
Posts: 160
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:35 pm

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby PitchO20 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:45 am

Statutory Interpretation at 2pm (which I'm going to fucking bomb). 24-hr Con Law II take-home from noon Tues to noon Weds. So goddamn close.

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby traehekat » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:22 am

D-hops wrote:Holy fuck Sec Reg is a lot of material. I should have started this weekend instead of taking naps.


having a similar reaction to secured transactions right now.

User avatar
D-hops
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:48 pm

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby D-hops » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:27 am

traehekat wrote:
D-hops wrote:Holy fuck Sec Reg is a lot of material. I should have started this weekend instead of taking naps.


having a similar reaction to secured transactions right now.


I'm trying to figure out if it is a good thing or a bad thing that the exam has right/wrong answers as opposed to being able to argue both sides of an issue.

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby traehekat » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:30 am

D-hops wrote:
traehekat wrote:
D-hops wrote:Holy fuck Sec Reg is a lot of material. I should have started this weekend instead of taking naps.


having a similar reaction to secured transactions right now.


I'm trying to figure out if it is a good thing or a bad thing that the exam has right/wrong answers as opposed to being able to argue both sides of an issue.


probably bad. is sec reg curved?

User avatar
D-hops
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:48 pm

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby D-hops » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:35 am

traehekat wrote:
D-hops wrote:
traehekat wrote:
D-hops wrote:Holy fuck Sec Reg is a lot of material. I should have started this weekend instead of taking naps.


having a similar reaction to secured transactions right now.


I'm trying to figure out if it is a good thing or a bad thing that the exam has right/wrong answers as opposed to being able to argue both sides of an issue.


probably bad. is sec reg curved?


No, thank god. We just got under the curve in the last day or two of add/drop.

User avatar
snowpeach06
Posts: 2426
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:32 am

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby snowpeach06 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:10 pm

First final in two hours. Have frittered away my morning. Ugh why am I so unmotivated?

rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby rad lulz » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:55 pm

TTH wrote:Gonna break my dick off in the tax final's ass today. I got mad flow charts.

Charts on charts

User avatar
eandy
Posts: 2725
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby eandy » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:32 pm

Every time I finish a section, I struggle hard to make myself start the next one. Never going to finish.

User avatar
jawsthegreat
Posts: 792
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:51 pm

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby jawsthegreat » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:36 pm

Just took Antitrust, you know you're in trouble when you start telling yourself you won't get no offered b/c of grades during the exam.

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby traehekat » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:43 pm

jawsthegreat wrote:Just took Antitrust, you know you're in trouble when you start telling yourself you won't get no offered b/c of grades during the exam.


antitrust definitely sucked, probably the toughest exam i've taken in law school.

User avatar
starchinkilt
Posts: 361
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:22 am

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby starchinkilt » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:53 pm

Welp, after that impossible natural resources exam, I have no motivation to study for my last exam.

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby keg411 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:42 pm

jawsthegreat wrote:Just took Antitrust, you know you're in trouble when you start telling yourself you won't get no offered b/c of grades during the exam.


I've been trying to tell myself that all semester.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11720
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby kalvano » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:15 pm

Mostly done with a paper due in less than three hours.

Time to watch several episodes of Archer and spend 15 minutes frantically finishing so I can email it off at 4:59.

User avatar
bceagles182
Posts: 615
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:53 pm

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby bceagles182 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:11 pm

Just got bent over by professional responsibility. I didn't even know that was possible. I suppose it'd be fitting if PR was my worst grade in law school though considering how little I care.

Gotta turn my attention to Sec Reg. now as well.

User avatar
gwuorbust
Posts: 2087
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:37 pm

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby gwuorbust » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:16 pm

starchinkilt wrote:Welp, after that impossible natural resources exam, I have no motivation to study for my last exam.


natural resources is fucking awful.

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby traehekat » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:17 pm

bceagles182 wrote:Just got bent over by professional responsibility. I didn't even know that was possible. I suppose it'd be fitting if PR was my worst grade in law school though considering how little I care.

Gotta turn my attention to Sec Reg. now as well.


what kind of exam was it? closed book? MC?

User avatar
bceagles182
Posts: 615
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:53 pm

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby bceagles182 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:25 pm

traehekat wrote:
bceagles182 wrote:Just got bent over by professional responsibility. I didn't even know that was possible. I suppose it'd be fitting if PR was my worst grade in law school though considering how little I care.

Gotta turn my attention to Sec Reg. now as well.


what kind of exam was it? closed book? MC?


Open Book, Essays. Wish it was MC, because I usually dominate those. I had nowhere near enough time today. I focused on the MRPC but the Prof must have covered the issue spotter in one 10+ classes I missed this semester because I had no idea what it was talking about. Couldn't find a rule so just threw in some shit about 8.4.
Last edited by bceagles182 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11720
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby kalvano » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:40 pm

Turned in my paper with 3 minutes left on the clock.

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby traehekat » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:41 pm

kalvano wrote:Turned in my paper with 3 minutes left on the clock.


3 minutes? what an overachiever.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11720
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby kalvano » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:50 pm

I was ready 6 minutes early but I suddenly realized that double-spacing my footnotes put me two pages over the limit and I had to go back and tighten them up.

rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby rad lulz » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:39 pm

Kal reg state was... interesting. We shall see what happens.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Beercules, deadthrone7, sr1986 and 6 guests