2L. No motivation

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
romothesavior

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby romothesavior » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:42 pm

BarbellDreams

Postby BarbellDreams » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:42 pm

DONE. The past 2 weeks have been absolute hell but now I am gonna play video games while everyone else studies for finals. Taking all paper-based classes seems like a genius idea now!

Antilles Haven

Postby Antilles Haven » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:54 pm

traehekat wrote:lol apparently i did not know as much about antitrust as i thought i did...

WHAT IS RULE OF REASON AND WHERE DO WE APPLY IT I DON'T KNOW??

snowpeach06

Postby snowpeach06 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:07 pm

Dear teacher who fails at slides:
1. Do not put up slides that just has a picture of a cd cover. What am I supposed to get from that? I don't know what it means.
2. Please do not put up slides about things we never talked about in class
3. Please do put up slides from things we did talk about in class, instead of leaving them out
4. Not slide related... but why did you make us read like 100 cases this semester when we discussed maybe 3 in class?
Studying for your final sucks... because I have no idea what I am/am not supposed to know. If it was on a slide and we didn't go over it? If i read it but we didn't go over it? Eh?

wiseowl

Postby wiseowl » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:38 pm

Tonight is my last night as a law student. Final exam of 3L is tomorrow.

I have a 5 hour take home exam tomorrow for an incredibly esoteric seminar.

I have been sitting with the books, plural, more than 1800 pages, in front of me for 12 hours.

I have not cracked them.

goodolgil

Postby goodolgil » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:41 pm

keg411 wrote:
wiseowl wrote:
PitchO20 wrote:40 question multiple choice Corps exam. 4 hours, open-book.

So hard to study.

wow. how is that one curved? or will it just be so many trick questions it won't matter?

That's how both my Tax and Evidence exams are supposed to be. Tax is basically a "you get it or you don't class" (prof says there are usually a lot of high grades but also a lot of low grades), but I'm guessing Evidence is just going to be hard since the professor says the curve breaks out pretty neatly and no one gets everything right.

The exam I'm struggling studying for is Family Law. Six hour take-home, open book, 50% BLL/50% policy. I may actually just skip making an outline in that class, but I'm not sure yet.

Dunno if it applies in that class, but of Sanders con lit exams that I saw were incredibly easy. Which sucked since he curved the grades even though he wasn't required to.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:42 pm

wiseowl wrote:Tonight is my last night as a law student. Final exam of 3L is tomorrow.

I have a 5 hour take home exam tomorrow for an incredibly esoteric seminar.

I have been sitting with the books, plural, more than 1800 pages, in front of me for 12 hours.

I have not cracked them.

premature congrats.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:46 pm

goodolgil wrote:Dunno if it applies in that class, but of Sanders con lit exams that I saw were incredibly easy. Which sucked since he curved the grades even though he wasn't required to.

He told us he was curving it, but that it will probably be generous and above the required curve (so I'm guessing it'll be to around a 3.4-ish). I'll gladly take a below-median B+. I've come to the grips with the fact I'm not getting A's or A-'s and I'm okay with it. As long as I can get B+'s.

Meanwhile, EO tomorrow. :?.

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:08 am

keg411 wrote:As long as I can get B+'s.

This.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:11 am

rad lulz wrote:
keg411 wrote:As long as I can get B+'s.

This.

goodolgil

Postby goodolgil » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:54 am

keg411 wrote:
goodolgil wrote:Dunno if it applies in that class, but of Sanders con lit exams that I saw were incredibly easy. Which sucked since he curved the grades even though he wasn't required to.

He told us he was curving it, but that it will probably be generous and above the required curve (so I'm guessing it'll be to around a 3.4-ish). I'll gladly take a below-median B+. I've come to the grips with the fact I'm not getting A's or A-'s and I'm okay with it. As long as I can get B+'s.

Yeah, I dunno. His final for con lit was so easy and tightly word limited (like 150 words for each question) that I really don't think I missed anything and still got a B+. Frustrating.

I'm in EO also. Really that class seemed hard all semester and then I looked back on it and realized how little we actually have to know.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:38 am

goodolgil wrote:
keg411 wrote:

Yeah, I dunno. His final for con lit was so easy and tightly word limited (like 150 words for each question) that I really don't think I missed anything and still got a B+. Frustrating.

I'm in EO also. Really that class seemed hard all semester and then I looked back on it and realized how little we actually have to know.

For you, a B+ is frustrating... for me, it might as well be a gold medal :lol:. If Sanders really follows the same model for Family Law, I will be the happiest person ever. I don't care if the curve is tight so long as I fall in the mushy middle of B+ land.

I also think the EO multiple choice is going to be deceptively hard. Especially when it's tough to find good practice MC questions -- the ones in my book were all based on the MBCA and not DE law, so I quit trying to do them and figured I'll just wing it. If I fall on my face, so be it.

ETA: it also doesn't help that I have some cold/flu/bronchitis thing either....

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:21 pm

SHOW ME THE B+

Pretzel_Logic

Postby Pretzel_Logic » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:01 pm

I will gladly take straight B+ for the rest of my law school career. My one real goal this semester is no Cs. :?

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:25 pm

was supposed to take crim pro today, but figured i needed to do more studying than just reading my outline once. honestly though, it's an open book/internet 24 hour take home with a word limit, and the class isn't even curved... how much do i really need to worry?

Postby 09042014 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:34 pm

traehekat wrote:was supposed to take crim pro today, but figured i needed to do more studying than just reading my outline once. honestly though, it's an open book/internet 24 hour take home with a word limit, and the class isn't even curved... how much do i really need to worry?

If you have a good outline, and you at least know what issues to spot, you should be fine.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:45 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
traehekat wrote:was supposed to take crim pro today, but figured i needed to do more studying than just reading my outline once. honestly though, it's an open book/internet 24 hour take home with a word limit, and the class isn't even curved... how much do i really need to worry?

If you have a good outline, and you at least know what issues to spot, you should be fine.

yeah outline is solid and in the process of making it i felt like i was understanding everything i was writing down. going through some short answer problems now just to get a feel for the different factual scenarios that might come up. was considering starting it tonight but i think i might just wait until tomorrow morning.

Doritos

Postby Doritos » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:12 pm

traehekat wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

yeah outline is solid and in the process of making it i felt like i was understanding everything i was writing down. going through some short answer problems now just to get a feel for the different factual scenarios that might come up. was considering starting it tonight but i think i might just wait until tomorrow morning.

Look at this guy

Practice problems? Made your own outline?

Straight gunnin

Postby 09042014 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:16 pm

I considered dropping out after i realized I had to read 10 patent law cases because the book was updated from last year.

Doritos

Postby Doritos » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:32 pm

Desert Fox wrote:I considered dropping out after i realized I had to read 10 patent law cases because the book was updated from last year.

Now this is the kind of attitude that this thread needs to have.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:26 pm

Took an 8-hour take home today. Yuck.

Postby 09042014 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:30 pm

Doritos wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:I considered dropping out after i realized I had to read 10 patent law cases because the book was updated from last year.

Now this is the kind of attitude that this thread needs to have.

Lexis summaries to the rescue.

deebs

Postby deebs » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:58 pm

Changed a class to audit to make my schedule easier. Did not use time wisely. 3 tests and a 10 page paper due in 8 days. Haven't read a page for one of those, and other final is closed book.

desertlaw

Postby desertlaw » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:11 pm

1. I was outlining.

2. Wife wanted to "hang out."

3. No more outlining tonight.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:24 pm

deebs wrote:Changed a class to audit to make my schedule easier. Did not use time wisely. 3 tests and a 10 page paper due in 8 days. Haven't read a page for one of those, and other final is closed book.

i have 8 days to take 4 exams. "did not use time wisely" is an understatement.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”