2L. No motivation

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby 09042014 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:24 pm

deebs wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
traehekat wrote:
snowpeach06 wrote:Did nothing all day, since midnight though, I've been on a role. I'm torn between going to sleep, or riding out the productivity despite being exhausted.

i've been productive for last hour or so, but the combination of exhaustion and the clippers/thunder game has brought any productivity to a halt.

DF: can anyone access JTIP's outline bank?

No, but here they are. http://www.putlocker.com/file/7059FA2C66579EDF

Let me know if that doesn't work.

you are my hero

Also, you are at Northwestern right? Anything in your bank from Rosenzweig(visiting prof at NW last year) and/or any and all outlines for international tax?

Nope, our bank is really terrible, but it randomly had anti-trust. Other than it, it's mostly IP related classes.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:28 pm

roaringeagle wrote:this phenomena happened to a friend of mine....though it really hit him 3L year. He felt so guilty about it. He kept quoting some douchey Contracts Professor during his first semester. After the Professor gave him a C he was a lot less gung-ho about law school and especially this Profesor. The sad fact is that he was a nice naive guy excited about his law school and then the cold hard reality of grades hit him. He paid full price too to a not top 14 school. Bad idea.

yeah i dont think anything that "traumatic" happened to most of us, pretty sure we just dont give a shit because we aren't 1Ls anymore.

i do feel a little guilty at times, though. like when i spend 3 hours catching up on the office instead of studying for my antitrust exam... or my other 4 exams....

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:03 pm

Trying to remember why I did this to myself. Holy fuck.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:51 pm

Spent most of the afternoon watching the ATL law revue videos. :|.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:54 pm

keg411 wrote:Spent most of the afternoon watching the ATL law revue videos. :|.

yeaaaah the instant i saw those i thought, "well fuck, there goes an hour..."

BarbellDreams

Postby BarbellDreams » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:49 pm

School is offering Pass/Fail option for one class of your choice. I got one class where prof openly doesn't like me and may hurt my honors chances. Not 100% sure what my grade is, but non-blind grading and I could be anywhere from a B+ to a C. Worth it to just designate it as a Pass/Fail?

IrwinM.Fletcher

Postby IrwinM.Fletcher » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:18 am

Partnership Tax- wtf was I thinking when I registered for this?

If Subchapter K had a box for "voluntarily get drop kicked in the nuts in exchange for a B", I'd check the shit outta that sucker.

BarbellDreams wrote:School is offering Pass/Fail option for one class of your choice. I got one class where prof openly doesn't like me and may hurt my honors chances. Not 100% sure what my grade is, but non-blind grading and I could be anywhere from a B+ to a C. Worth it to just designate it as a Pass/Fail?

Don't see why you wouldn't P/F it.

Postby 09042014 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:22 am

I thought they mostly sucked.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:52 am

Desert Fox wrote:

I'm easily entertained. I know most of the raves are for the GW one, but I had the CLS one stuck in my head for most of the rest of the day :lol:.

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:34 pm

keg411 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

I'm easily entertained. I know most of the raves are for the GW one, but I had the CLS one stuck in my head for most of the rest of the day :lol:.

I liked the BU one and the Wisconsion one. Gotta reflect that bimodal salary distribution curve.

Also there were some KEUT BU honies.

Postby 09042014 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:40 pm

keg411 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

I don't get the love for the CLS one. I guess I just hate law puns.

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:44 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
keg411 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

I don't get the love for the CLS one. I guess I just hate law puns.

Fucking hate law puns.

Ludo!

Postby Ludo! » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:44 pm

The CLS one was OK except for the fact that they used a Savage Garden song. The GW one was good but I had never seen the Lonely Island video so I didn't get it the first time I watched it. I liked the BU one the best, mostly for the blowjob line.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:45 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:The CLS one was OK except for the fact that they used a Savage Garden song. The GW one was good but I had never seen the Lonely Island video so I didn't get it the first time I watched it. I liked the BU one the best, mostly for the blowjob line.

See, I thought the CLS one was funny because of the awful, cheesy Savage Garden song.

Postby 09042014 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:46 pm

The UW-Madison one had a good premise. But pretty terrible execution. It was too long.

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:57 pm

Desert Fox wrote:The UW-Madison one had a good premise. But pretty terrible execution. It was too long.
Yep. Should have been formatted like the lulzy minute-and-thirty-second commercials featuring a happy former construction worker turned IT drone. Would have been far better served to have cut half of the main guy's content and kept only one shot of the wife's disappointment, the one with the dog backing away, and a few where the kids mock their dad. Order was strange too, they kept mixing bits where he was happy with ones of utter despair. Should have built from him being all chipper up to the "I should have gone to ITT Tech"

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:33 pm

stratocophic wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:The UW-Madison one had a good premise. But pretty terrible execution. It was too long.
Yep. Should have been formatted like the lulzy minute-and-thirty-second commercials featuring a happy former construction worker turned IT drone. Would have been far better served to have cut half of the main guy's content and kept only one shot of the wife's disappointment, the one with the dog backing away, and a few where the kids mock their dad. Order was strange too, they kept mixing bits where he was happy with ones of utter despair. Should have built from him being all chipper up to the "I should have gone to ITT Tech"

i almost feel part of it was already made, or the idea for it was already in place, before they decided to put in the law revue contest. that would explain why there wasn't really a big build up to this funny but still depressing moment or anything. it was all just sad and depressing, the whole way through. i liked it, it was kind of like a trailer for a documentary about how horrible law school is.

that said, definitely voted for the GW one.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:35 am

Critiquing fake music videos. Law students are great!

joeshmo39

Postby joeshmo39 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:38 pm

The short SMU video with the pick-up truck is hilarious. It's in the honorable mentions, but I think it's the funniest by far.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:46 pm

All self-scheduled exams this semester, however it turns out one of them requires you to pick up a paper copy of the exam from the exam center. Planned on taking the exam today, but exam center was closed. Can't really take another exam because I have been studying for the only one I can't take today for the past 3 days.

Solution? Walk to Nordstrom Rack on Michigan Ave. and buy a new belt.

Postby 09042014 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:48 pm

traehekat wrote:All self-scheduled exams this semester, however it turns out one of them requires you to pick up a paper copy of the exam from the exam center. Planned on taking the exam today, but exam center was closed. Can't really take another exam because I have been studying for the only one I can't take today for the past 3 days.

That's a pretty shitty rule.

I guess you start studying for the next one? So you don't screw up your finals timing!? BLows.
Last edited by 09042014 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wiseowl

Postby wiseowl » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:50 pm

traehekat wrote:All self-scheduled exams this semester, however it turns out one of them requires you to pick up a paper copy of the exam from the exam center. Planned on taking the exam today, but exam center was closed. Can't really take another exam because I have been studying for the only one I can't take today for the past 3 days.

LOL I bought a new belt at Nordstrom Rack on Thursday. There must be subliminal advertising out somewhere.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:00 pm

wiseowl wrote:

LOL I bought a new belt at Nordstrom Rack on Thursday. There must be subliminal advertising out somewhere.

Hmm, possibly. My old belt's buckle snapped off the other day, so that may have had something to do with it, as well. Need to lay off the McDonalds...

Desert Fox wrote:That's a pretty shitty rule.

I guess you start studying for the next one? So you don't screw up your finals timing!? BLows.

Yeah, I had a few weeks left to outline for another class, so I'm doing that now. Kind of interrupting my "study groove" for the other class, but so be it. Antitrust can't be that hard anyway; allocative efficiency, rule of reason, etc.

Postby 09042014 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:03 pm

Ugh I ate a Big Mac meal and now I fee like crap.

Doritos

Postby Doritos » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:07 pm

Desert Fox wrote:Ugh I ate a Big Mac meal and now I fee like crap.

I had battered chicken wings, fries, and beer for lunch. This was not a productive afternoon.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”