2L. No motivation

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
dailygrind

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby dailygrind » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:19 pm

Muchas gracias for the evidence recs.

MoltenWings

Postby MoltenWings » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:28 pm

any recs for corporations? very behind......

desertlaw

Postby desertlaw » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:49 pm

MoltenWings wrote:any recs for corporations? very behind......

You and me both, brother.

philly_law

Postby philly_law » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:52 pm

The thought of trying to learn the whole semester of corporate tax in the next two weeks is sickening. I'm pretty sure it's completely hopeless.

ExAnt3

Postby ExAnt3 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:48 am

stratocophic wrote:--ImageRemoved--

After seeing this gif I went to youtube and watched well over an hour of funny ari gold scenes from entourage.

studebaker07

Postby studebaker07 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:41 am

desertlaw wrote:

Gilbert audio tapes FTW. I am listening to these right now. They are available for download here (LinkRemoved) if you don't want to wait for shipping.

MoltenWings

Postby MoltenWings » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:56 am

studebaker07 wrote:
desertlaw wrote:

Gilbert audio tapes FTW. I am listening to these right now. They are available for download here (LinkRemoved) if you don't want to wait for shipping.

Is it really helpful? i usually can't digest listening to long audio tapes. wondering if its worth the price....

studebaker07

Postby studebaker07 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:00 pm

MoltenWings wrote:Is it really helpful? i usually can't digest listening to long audio tapes. wondering if its worth the price....

I find it helpful for organizing all of the information. There are a lot of lectures on this particular tape (8 hours) but the lectures stick in my head and help me work through everything structurally. Try checking your library to see if they have any copies.

MoltenWings

Postby MoltenWings » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:15 pm

studebaker07 wrote:
MoltenWings wrote:Is it really helpful? i usually can't digest listening to long audio tapes. wondering if its worth the price....

I find it helpful for organizing all of the information. There are a lot of lectures on this particular tape (8 hours) but the lectures stick in my head and help me work through everything structurally. Try checking your library to see if they have any copies.

thanks!

snowpeach06

Postby snowpeach06 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:49 pm

I outlined like two days worth of evidence. I'm really proud of myself right now, sadly.

Doritos

Postby Doritos » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:45 pm

snowpeach06 wrote:I outlined like two days worth of evidence. I'm really proud of myself right now, sadly.

I'm proud of you too. You deserve the night off and an adult beverage.

desertlaw

Postby desertlaw » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:20 pm

Doritos wrote:
snowpeach06 wrote:I outlined like two days worth of evidence. I'm really proud of myself right now, sadly.

I'm proud of you too. You deserve the night off and an adult beverage.

I'm proud of you, Doritos. Come drink with me as we outline.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:40 pm

traehekat wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:I did slightly better at attending class this semester...but that essentially means I attended one of my classes 7 times total instead of 3.

aren't you in my crim pro class? i dont think ive been to it in like 6 weeks. any word on if that exam is going to be curved?

There are 39 people, so it's uncurved. Also, now I'm wondering who you are. haha

Pretzel_Logic wrote:Do you all not have the nasty requirement where if you miss class more than 11 times you auto-fail? Because we have that. Thankfully I don't know that from personal experience but a friend of mine got to take Civ Pro II twice.

If profs took attendance/they enforced rules about class attendance, I would have failed several of my 1L classes and basically all of my 2L classes.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:41 pm

Geist13 wrote:Goal for this week: complete entire crim pro outline. Accomplished this week: outlined the first month of class.

GTFO

mths

Postby mths » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:59 pm

How am I less motivated than I was last semester? I thought that was rock bottom...

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:01 pm

mths wrote:How am I less motivated than I was last semester? I thought that was rock bottom...

I'm less motivated AND have twice as many exams as I did last sem. Totally fucked.

TTH

Postby TTH » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:07 pm

Checking in as I begin finals prep in earnest (well, as I tell myself I'm beginning finals prep). I have four classes, all of which have exams. I have no fucking clue what I was thinking when I scheduled last year. Sigh.

deebs

Postby deebs » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:37 pm

anyone have outlines for antitrust and/or products liability? Considering I'm on page 29 of international tax, I may just have to take one of those cold.

dailygrind

Postby dailygrind » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:39 pm

I thought at the beginning of the semester that writing a paper would be a good idea. Maybe if I were really interested, I could polish it and get it published in a secondary journal somewhere. Maybe if I were really gungho, I could get it done early and cruise through finals period. If nothing else, it would force me to write quality work, something which never happens when I take exams.

I was so foolish.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:51 pm

dailygrind wrote:I thought at the beginning of the semester that writing a paper would be a good idea. Maybe if I were really interested, I could polish it and get it published in a secondary journal somewhere. Maybe if I were really gungho, I could get it done early and cruise through finals period. If nothing else, it would force me to write quality work, something which never happens when I take exams.

I was so foolish.

I did the same thing. Planned to write my seminar paper over Spring Break. Did some research but didn't even come close and then changed my topic two weeks ago. Due at the same time as the rest of my exams and what I write will end up being a major epic fail... if I ever actually start writing :lol:.

On the plus side, I'm pretty sure no one actually gets "B" grades in seminars... at least that's what I'm going to tell myself....

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:58 pm

deebs wrote:anyone have outlines for antitrust and/or products liability? Considering I'm on page 29 of international tax, I may just have to take one of those cold.
I vote we form a cartel and make everyone take antitrust cold

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:59 pm

keg411 wrote:
dailygrind wrote:I thought at the beginning of the semester that writing a paper would be a good idea. Maybe if I were really interested, I could polish it and get it published in a secondary journal somewhere. Maybe if I were really gungho, I could get it done early and cruise through finals period. If nothing else, it would force me to write quality work, something which never happens when I take exams.

I was so foolish.

I did the same thing. Planned to write my seminar paper over Spring Break. Did some research but didn't even come close and then changed my topic two weeks ago. Due at the same time as the rest of my exams and what I write will end up being a major epic fail... if I ever actually start writing :lol:.

On the plus side, I'm pretty sure no one actually gets "B" grades in seminars... at least that's what I'm going to tell myself....

Thought the same thing as you guys last semester. What resulted was 3 1/2 months devoid of any effort in my seminar class, an absolute joke of a "paper," and a B+ (considering this is NU's curve we are talking about, this is tantamount to an F basically).

keg411

Postby keg411 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:02 pm

traehekat wrote:
keg411 wrote:

I was so foolish.

Thought the same thing as you guys last semester. What resulted was 3 1/2 months devoid of any effort in my seminar class, an absolute joke of a "paper," and a B+ (considering this is NU's curve we are talking about, this is tantamount to an F basically).

:? :? :?
This gives me motivation to start my paper tomorrow... for the sake of my GPA. I really really really need the grade considering my exams are going to be a disaster.

dailygrind

Postby dailygrind » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:03 pm

Started it last night. I'm aiming for median all around.

kaiser

Postby kaiser » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:05 pm

I sort of can't have a repeat of last semester. My grades weren't that bad, but they were below median and thats not how I wanted to start my first year at my new school. So I'm a little more motivated than last semester, but not by much. I just don't want to go through the whole summer associate thing, the entire time wondering "Can I Haz a Jerb?"

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”