2L. No motivation Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
as stars burn

Silver

Re: 2L. No motivation

Post by as stars burn » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:45 am

Eh, I hate to leave the 2L exam prep thread, but this thread is so hilarious.

Last final exam tomorrow after getting slaughtered in tax and commercial law. Tax was pass/fail, but as for commercial law, I'm praying for median....I didn't finish on MC or the essay. This has been the worst semester ever. If I don't nail this exam tomorrow I'm going to feel like a complete failure. But it's not going to matter because I plan on drinking until I can't remember my name on Friday and Saturday night. Brain is fried.....4 exams was too much.

schwar46

Bronze

Post by schwar46 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:47 am

Alright admin, I concede. Just be gentle. Make it quick and painless, and let me get a little tipsy first.

as stars burn

Silver

Post by as stars burn » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:48 am

schwar46 wrote:Alright admin, I concede. Just be gentle. Make it quick and painless, and let me get a little tipsy first.
This just reminded me....I'm convinced the 3L that sat next to me during our tax final was drunk off his ass, haha. He didn't give two flying shits about that exam. I wish I was in that boat.

schwar46

Bronze

Post by schwar46 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:58 am

as stars burn wrote:
schwar46 wrote:Alright admin, I concede. Just be gentle. Make it quick and painless, and let me get a little tipsy first.
This just reminded me....I'm convinced the 3L that sat next to me during our tax final was drunk off his ass, haha. He didn't give two flying shits about that exam. I wish I was in that boat.

People I've talked to told me it was so hard it really didn't matter that they prepared for it. That's fucking bad.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:01 am

as stars burn wrote:4 exams was too much.
My plan next semester...

1. Take moar credits, but only 2 finals
2. Suck up to profs in non-anon classes, write passable papers
3. 90+ GPA semester
4. ???
5. Profit

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:01 am

romothesavior wrote:
as stars burn wrote:4 exams was too much.
My plan next semester...

1. Take moar credits, but only 2 finals
2. Suck up to profs in non-anon classes, write passable papers
3. 90+ GPA semester
4. ???
5. Profit
U has jerb. There is no profiting.

DarkwingDick

New

Post by DarkwingDick » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:07 am

as stars burn

Silver

Post by as stars burn » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:38 pm

Alright, who the fuck am I kidding.....commercial law did not go the way I had planned in my head. I'm trying to force myself to believe I did okay, but deep down....I don't. I NEVER have problems "finishing" an exam, or at least getting to a point where I'm satisfied. On the last two exams this semester that I have taken I haven't been able to finish. Everyone talked about how easy the second part of Commercial Law was, and I couldn't even fucking finish that part either.....left an entire issue completely blank and my analysis of the entire thing was utter bullshit except for the fact section and the first issue.

Someone please make me feel better. I have my last exam in 7.5 hours, and I can barely keep my head on straight without thinking I am doomed to a B- or C+ in Commercial Law. Fuck, fuck, fuck that class.

5ky

Diamond

Post by 5ky » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:55 pm

as stars burn wrote:Alright, who the fuck am I kidding.....commercial law did not go the way I had planned in my head. I'm trying to force myself to believe I did okay, but deep down....I don't. I NEVER have problems "finishing" an exam, or at least getting to a point where I'm satisfied. On the last two exams this semester that I have taken I haven't been able to finish. Everyone talked about how easy the second part of Commercial Law was, and I couldn't even fucking finish that part either.....left an entire issue completely blank and my analysis of the entire thing was utter bullshit except for the fact section and the first issue.

Someone please make me feel better. I have my last exam in 7.5 hours, and I can barely keep my head on straight without thinking I am doomed to a B- or C+ in Commercial Law. Fuck, fuck, fuck that class.
I feel like the fact that (i) you are giving it this much thought after the fact and (ii) can actually identify problems that you failed to do probably indicates that you put in enough effort to beat a handful of students who printed out a random outline the day before the exam, read over it once, and winged it.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

unc0mm0n1

Gold

Post by unc0mm0n1 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:28 pm

Thank you guys, I assumed the gunnerism of 1L year would continue for three years (at least two)! 2L year sound so much better. Can't wait to be in this thread next year

Ludo!

Gold

Post by Ludo! » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:30 pm

There are still 2l gunners at my school. Biglaw-secure, not-wanting-to-clerk 2ls still inexplicably gunning. So you never totally get away from it, but it's better at least.

Gold

Post by 03121202698008 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:41 pm

Finished tax. Definitely got the first question wrong...which was supposed to be easy. LOL

as stars burn

Silver

Post by as stars burn » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:42 pm

blowhard wrote:Finished tax. Definitely got the first question wrong...which was supposed to be easy. LOL
Tax can kiss my ass. I hated that exam SO MUCH.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

PirateCap'n

Silver

Post by PirateCap'n » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:45 pm

as stars burn wrote:
blowhard wrote:Finished tax. Definitely got the first question wrong...which was supposed to be easy. LOL
I'm with you. Different schools, but same feelings. Just finished and it was bad.

Gold

Post by 03121202698008 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:45 pm

as stars burn wrote:
I totally ignored the second half by accident when the person who received a gift sold it. Whoops

desertlaw

Silver

Post by desertlaw » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:49 pm

Spent most of the past 2 days watching Tebow coverage. Last exam today. Not sure why I think break will be so much better than the laziness of what I've been doing lately, but at least no work will be hanging over my head.

dailygrind

Diamond

Post by dailygrind » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:00 pm

This thread has given me a lot of motivation to avoid tax. It sounds awful.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Gold

Post by 03121202698008 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:02 pm

dailygrind wrote:This thread has given me a lot of motivation to avoid tax. It sounds awful.
I actually didn't mind the class that much...or the final. So long as you are good remembering a ton of rules...it's not super complicated like commercial transactions et al.

dailygrind

Diamond

Post by dailygrind » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:05 pm

Well, that's something at least. It seems like something one should at least have a basic knowledge of.

Gold

Post by 03121202698008 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:12 pm

dailygrind wrote:Well, that's something at least. It seems like something one should at least have a basic knowledge of.
Also, I'm amending my last 4 returns and getting $250 back I missed with turbotax.

moandersen

Silver

Post by moandersen » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:14 pm

PirateCap'n wrote:
as stars burn wrote:
I'm with you. Different schools, but same feelings. Just finished and it was bad.
I cant believe he made an entire question on the charity statute nobody understood in class....and i didnt find his sweatshirt funny because I think it was true in his case. F tax. One more exam left on monday and its closed book. great. time to memorize 1200 pages of crim pro in 2.5 days. FML

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

PirateCap'n

Silver

Post by PirateCap'n » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:18 pm

moandersen wrote:
PirateCap'n wrote:
as stars burn wrote:
I cant believe he made an entire question on the charity statute nobody understood in class....and i didnt find his sweatshirt funny because I think it was true in his case. F tax. One more exam left on monday and its closed book. great. time to memorize 1200 pages of crim pro in 2.5 days. FML
Glad to know I wasn't alone on that charity thing. I'm pretty sure I understood the charitable contribution (which probably means I completely screwed it up), but I had no idea what I was doing when the charity gave it back. As for the sweatshirt, I'll give him that it was funny, but I also agree with you that it was probably true.

moandersen

Silver

Post by moandersen » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:25 pm

PirateCap'n wrote:Glad to know I wasn't alone on that charity thing. I'm pretty sure I understood the charitable contribution (which probably means I completely screwed it up), but I had no idea what I was doing when the charity gave it back. As for the sweatshirt, I'll give him that it was funny, but I also agree with you that it was probably true.
I think I know...maybe. A couple other people I talked to had no idea, so that makes me think I might be wrong. PM me if you care enough to know what I put down.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:53 pm

It's over!

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:05 pm

Did pretty well on employment, but one of the questions asked for three differences between two causes of action. I gave two good answers, but blankes on the third and ran outta time. I wrote, "I pulled a Rick Perry and forgot the third thing." Hope she appreciates the joke.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”