2L. No motivation Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
uvahooo

Bronze

Re: 2L. No motivation

Post by uvahooo » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:30 pm

Doritos wrote:
desertlaw wrote:I should order Wings Over.
YES YOU SHOULD
do what doritos says.

desertlaw

Silver

Post by desertlaw » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:50 pm

uvahooo wrote:
Doritos wrote:
desertlaw wrote:I should order Wings Over.
YES YOU SHOULD
do what doritos says.

Ordered, delivered, eaten.

bceagles182

Silver

Post by bceagles182 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:20 pm

Just watched this old classic to motivate myself to study for my two remaining exams. Didn't work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6wRkzCW5qI

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:31 pm

BunkMoreland wrote:
Grizz wrote:
BunkMoreland wrote:so happy to be finally done; had alcohol at 11 am to celebrate
You are a 3L.
this was easily my most brutal semester for exams. I cared SO SO SO little that it got stressful near the end. Beer soon?
Hope it works out, good thing it doesn't matter that much for you. I'll call you when I get back.

Gamecubesupreme

Bronze

Post by Gamecubesupreme » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:20 am

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Yvonnella

Bronze

Post by Yvonnella » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:22 am

After reading this thread, I gather a lot of people out there think being a 2L is less exciting than being a 1L was.

I love being a 2L. Any moron can get through 1L. Try getting through 2L.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:52 pm

Yvonnella wrote:After reading this thread, I gather a lot of people out there think being a 2L is less exciting than being a 1L was.

The job search part of 2L was pretty much the most emotionally draining part of law school. The problem is that it gives you pretty much zero motivation to give a shit about class, because if your search turns out well, you have a JERB and just won at life and who gives a fuck about grades... and if it turns out poorly, there are far far far worse things to worry about then grades.

blurbz

Silver

Post by blurbz » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:16 pm

keg411 wrote:
Yvonnella wrote:After reading this thread, I gather a lot of people out there think being a 2L is less exciting than being a 1L was.

The job search part of 2L was pretty much the most emotionally draining part of law school. The problem is that it gives you pretty much zero motivation to give a shit about class, because if your search turns out well, you have a JERB and just won at life and who gives a fuck about grades... and if it turns out poorly, there are far far far worse things to worry about then grades.
Yes, exactly.

Job search made it so I was barely in school for the first month of the semester. When I got back I was a month behind, but I had a job....So why give a fuck? It was nice until this week when I suddenly felt the need to not TOTALLY embarrass myself on exams...

as stars burn

Silver

Post by as stars burn » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:29 pm

Holy crap----I AM DONE! There were moments when I was certain I was going to die. And, I'm 90% sure I absolutely destroyed my last exam. Pre-writing answers was the greatest thing I ever did. I literately re-copied my pre-written answers and inserted the particular facts. It was a great way to end the exam period, and it should balance out the B- I am almost certain to be getting from Comm Law.

Also, to the above statement; I completely agree about 2L being more grueling than 1L. It wasn't so much the job search for me though because I got really, really, really, lucky and struck gold at OCI (I knew I had a job by October). For me, I doubled my course-load, had secondary journal work, and volunteered more hours. Worst decision ever. This semester was by far the most mentally/emotionally/physically draining semester yet.

Also, one of my professors already has our grades up for a class that is still on the 1L curve. I am absolutely petrified to look. In fact, I probably won't look for a couple of weeks. To top it off, everyone in that class posted on facebook how they were happy with their grades from that class...it sort of made my heart drop because SOMEONE has to get a C+ in the class. (Granted, I felt good about the exam, but feelings aren't always in line with the actual grade sometimes)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

memo2partner

New

Post by memo2partner » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:46 pm

ObLaDiObLaDa wrote:Memorizing an entire semester of Corporations in 6 hours...

This is what happened to me in bankruptcy. Basically tried to memorize the semester in a little under 2 days. I totally bombed that exam--typed something about adequate protection and that is all I remember. I landed a job and just cannot focus at all--very well could be straight Cs this semester :(

somewhatwayward

Silver

Post by somewhatwayward » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:36 pm

Gamecubesupreme wrote:Image
QFTlulz

perfectly captures how i feel

mrloblaw

Silver

Post by mrloblaw » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:22 am

blurbz wrote:
keg411 wrote:

Yes, exactly.

Job search made it so I was barely in school for the first month of the semester. When I got back I was a month behind, but I had a job....So why give a fuck? It was nice until this week when I suddenly felt the need to not TOTALLY embarrass myself on exams...
Imagine if your job search was still ongoing.

While I recognize I completely destroyed my shot at academia and clerking in my god-awful finals performance, I don't even care.

Veyron

Gold

Post by Veyron » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:16 am

Fellow 2Ls, how badly do I have to do to bottom out the curve (i.e. C)?

P.S. You can tell by the timestamp where this is coming from.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Gold

Post by 03121202698008 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:16 am

Veyron wrote:Fellow 2Ls, how badly do I have to do to bottom out the curve (i.e. C)?

Depends on the school. A C is the absolute bottom for us. There are no mandatory C-s or below. If you get below that, you can do extra work and bring it up to a C- or C (I forget which).

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:48 pm

blowhard wrote:
Veyron wrote:Fellow 2Ls, how badly do I have to do to bottom out the curve (i.e. C)?

Depends on the school. A C is the absolute bottom for us. There are no mandatory C-s or below. If you get below that, you can do extra work and bring it up to a C- or C (I forget which).
Wow, you get mandatory C's. That blows.

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:50 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
blowhard wrote:

us too..but its literally like the bottom 4% of the class. a B- is damage enough to our GPA's since B+ is median

Gold

Post by 03121202698008 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:48 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
blowhard wrote:

Actually, I'm not sure that we do. I know for sure there is nothing mandatory below that.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Veyron

Gold

Post by Veyron » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:43 pm

goosey wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
blowhard wrote:

us too..but its literally like the bottom 4% of the class. a B- is damage enough to our GPA's since B+ is median

Similar curve. I think I could handle a B- since I already have an SA, how badly do I have to fuck up to get a C tho? I've studied but nowhere like I did for 1lol, didn't do most of the readings etc.

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:45 am

Reviving for after finals analysis. Those who took evidence last semester what supplement did you find most helpful? taking it next semester.

Ludo!

Gold

Post by Ludo! » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:47 am

robin600 wrote:Reviving for after finals analysis. Those who took evidence last semester what supplement did you find most helpful? taking it next semester.
You're already thinking about studying for next semester?? You sound too motivated for this thread

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:50 am

Ludovico Technique wrote:
robin600 wrote:Reviving for after finals analysis. Those who took evidence last semester what supplement did you find most helpful? taking it next semester.
You're already thinking about studying for next semester?? You sound too motivated for this thread
I'm a dual degree student and am taking non-curved classes this semester :)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:42 pm

The lack of motivation continues into the vacation (not surprisingly). First draft of 35 page comment due on the 23rd. I decided to stay in the hotel room all day and get a good portion of it knocked out. Almost 1PM now and I've yet to do more than open the word document and take the binder of research stuff out of my backpack. Pretty sure I've earned myself a lunch break though.

quiver

Silver

Post by quiver » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:01 pm

traehekat wrote:The lack of motivation continues into the vacation (not surprisingly). First draft of 35 page comment due on the 23rd. I decided to stay in the hotel room all day and get a good portion of it knocked out. Almost 1PM now and I've yet to do more than open the word document and take the binder of research stuff out of my backpack. Pretty sure I've earned myself a lunch break though.
I'll be in this same boat tomorrow. I have 2 papers due in January with nothing done on them yet. I'm gonna try and knock one out tomorrow before I go home but I feel like the above is what will happen.

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:59 pm

Kickin' back, relaxing, and just started my Dexter marathon to catch up on this season.

Only problem is that I have an exam on Wednesday...

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:20 pm

GTFO

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”