2L. No motivation Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
irish017

Bronze

2L. No motivation

Post by irish017 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:31 pm

Anyone else STILL feeling this way?

I ended up watching 2 episodes of the west wing tonight instead of reading for PR.

Bleh.

goodolgil

Silver

Re: 2L. No motivation

Post by goodolgil » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:16 am

I'm OK doing class reading, but the note process for journal is just killing me. I really can't bring myself to do anything.

Void

Silver

Post by Void » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:25 am

Pretty much demotivated. Can barely open a book. Class still interests me and I'm still excited by the idea of being a lawyer but the mountains of reading just don't seem as necessary any more for whatever reason.

purr se

New

Post by purr se » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:28 am

@Irish - be glad you only watched two episodes. I've got a tax midterm on Wednesday, yet spent this evening watching Pretty Woman, a show about kittens, and several episodes of It's Always Sunny. Just fail me now ...

Pato_09

Bronze

Post by Pato_09 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:31 am

How important are 2L grades, if you have a big law offer?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Void

Silver

Post by Void » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:49 am

Pato_09 wrote:How important are 2L grades, if you have a big law offer?
I wouldn't know, as I am offerless.

zomginternets

Silver

Post by zomginternets » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:58 am

Pato_09 wrote:How important are 2L grades, if you have a big law offer?
Don't need top grades, but do need to not fail/get C's. 2L grades are a soft factor in determining whether to give a full offer.

mths

Silver

Post by mths » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:37 am

my lack of motivation is reaching levels of absurdity that I didn't know it could reach

watched three movies tonight

BarbellDreams

Gold

Post by BarbellDreams » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:33 am

Haven't heard a single word in Commercial Transactions this semester. I go to class and just screw around online thinking I'll just read the supplement. Don't get me started on all this journal BS.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:54 am

irish017 wrote:Anyone else STILL feeling this way?

I ended up watching 2 episodes of the west wing tonight instead of reading for PR.

Bleh.
Midterm tomorrow (ungraded, thankfully) I haven't studied for. Moot court brief due in a week that I haven't started. Haven't read in Crim Pro in weeks. Law Review note topic sucks. Sit in class all day sending emails, kickin' it on Facebook, and talkin' to you n00bs on TLS.

Don't care.

Pass me another beer. 8)

sperry

Bronze

Post by sperry » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:30 pm

At most curves the 1L curve goes away and school becomes a lot easier. 1st semester 2L year I was in a huge funk/ depression because I struck out at OCI, and didn't read skipped weeks of classes at a time. Ended up with a B+ average, despite putting virtually no effort in. Just plug along and you'll be fine, as long as you're not worried about making straight A's or something like that.

Void

Silver

Post by Void » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:48 pm

sperry wrote:1st semester 2L year I was in a huge funk/ depression because I struck out at OCI, and didn't read skipped weeks of classes at a time. Ended up with a B+ average, despite putting virtually no effort in. Just plug along and you'll be fine, as long as you're not worried about making straight A's or something like that.
That's sort of where I'm at right now, so it's helpful to hear this. Thanks.

BTW, did you eventually make your way out of this fog, or does the remainder of law school feel like this?

Renzo

Gold

Post by Renzo » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:46 pm

Bleh.
Don't worry. It gets worse once you're a 3L.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

YourCaptain

Silver

Post by YourCaptain » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:47 pm

Renzo wrote:

Bleh.
Don't worry. It gets worse once you're a 3L.
Thank god for mandatory curves for upper-level courses!

:?

tfer2222

Bronze

Post by tfer2222 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:56 pm

romothesavior wrote:

Bleh.
Midterm tomorrow (ungraded, thankfully) I haven't studied for. Moot court brief due in a week that I haven't started. Haven't read in Crim Pro in weeks. Law Review note topic sucks. Sit in class all day sending emails, kickin' it on Facebook, and talkin' to you n00bs on TLS.

Don't care.

Pass me another beer. 8)
my casenote topic and arguments make NOOOO sense.

I have no idea how i handled 1L so well. Just reading for even one class seems like a huge chore now.

sperry

Bronze

Post by sperry » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:30 pm

Void wrote:
sperry wrote:1st semester 2L year I was in a huge funk/ depression because I struck out at OCI, and didn't read skipped weeks of classes at a time. Ended up with a B+ average, despite putting virtually no effort in. Just plug along and you'll be fine, as long as you're not worried about making straight A's or something like that.
That's sort of where I'm at right now, so it's helpful to hear this. Thanks.

BTW, did you eventually make your way out of this fog, or does the remainder of law school feel like this?

Meh, I just decided to accept it. Pouting is just counterproductive.

de5igual

Silver

Post by de5igual » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:54 am

probz 100+ pages behind in Fed Inc Tax. What do I do tonight instead? Margaritas+TexMex+Hookah

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:38 pm

Last year I got sick, and I forced myself to read when I could get out of bed so I wouldn't fall behind.
This year I get sick, and I'm spending all day watching SportsCenter and reading TLS.

2LOL.

solotee

Bronze

Post by solotee » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:04 pm

If I were judging my time-management according to my 1L standards, I would be panicking all over the place. I feel bad for the way I'm handling this semester, but I make myself feel better by watching episodes of Parks & Recreation :)

So far I've taken more weekends completely off in 2L than I did my whole year of 1L. 8)

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:08 pm

Securing a job for next summer was the worst thing to happen to my productivity since March Madness last year. Worst part is, this lull in productivity doesn't have any end in sight. Now if you will excuse me, I'm gonna go watch some hockey.

BarbellDreams

Gold

Post by BarbellDreams » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:38 pm

Seriously, can someone tell me of a good commercial transactions supplement? I feel like sooner or later I am gonna need it and I simply do not see how in the world I will start paying attention in that class.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

random5483

Silver

Post by random5483 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:24 pm

I feel right at home here.

1L Fall = Too much work.
1L Spring = Just the right amount of work to ace my classes.
2L Fall = Way too little work.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:32 pm

BarbellDreams wrote:Seriously, can someone tell me of a good commercial transactions supplement? I feel like sooner or later I am gonna need it and I simply do not see how in the world I will start paying attention in that class.
What is the content of your Commercial Transactions class? Is it Commercial Paper and Secured Transactions? (That's how it is at Mich... and it's really freakin' impossible and I think I failed a quiz we had).

Oban

Silver

Post by Oban » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:00 pm

I've been going out of town every chance I get to kick it with friends. 2L is kind of a joke, either you got a job and don't get a fuck, or you stuck out and don't give a fuck.

If you have job/stuck out and still give a fuck you are doing it wrong.

BarbellDreams

Gold

Post by BarbellDreams » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:13 pm

keg411 wrote:
BarbellDreams wrote:Seriously, can someone tell me of a good commercial transactions supplement? I feel like sooner or later I am gonna need it and I simply do not see how in the world I will start paying attention in that class.
What is the content of your Commercial Transactions class? Is it Commercial Paper and Secured Transactions? (That's how it is at Mich... and it's really freakin' impossible and I think I failed a quiz we had).
Its basically UCC and CISG covering battle of the forms, leases, security interests (not a large chunk of this), conflicts of law in international trades, etc.

Outside of battle of the forms which I understand fairly well, I know nothing, have not paid attention, have not read in 2 weeks, and now am starting to think I actually need to get working on this class.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”