2L. No motivation Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Antilles Haven

Bronze

Re: 2L. No motivation

Post by Antilles Haven » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:37 pm

traehekat wrote:
traehekat wrote:i honestly don't see what is so hard about admin, and im almost positive that is a bad thing.
so, im looking at old exams and model answers for my prof... and i still dont get what is so hard about admin. you just try to make an argument for every way you could possibly challenge an agency action! the analysis in this answer isn't even very impressive.
Congrats?

Geist13

Silver

Post by Geist13 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:38 pm

traehekat wrote:
traehekat wrote:i honestly don't see what is so hard about admin, and im almost positive that is a bad thing.
so, im looking at old exams and model answers for my prof... and i still dont get what is so hard about admin. you just try to make an argument for every way you could possibly challenge an agency action! the analysis in this answer isn't even very impressive.
Yeah I'm never impressed by model answers. It means either my exams are way worse than I think OR grading is even more of a clusterfuck than people allege.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:40 pm

Geist13 wrote:grading is even more of a clusterfuck than people allege.

From conversations with profs, a lot of exams are just really bad. Even smart people just freeze up under the pressure and turn in really poorly written things.

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:11 pm

Antilles Haven wrote:
traehekat wrote:
Congrats?
ya im basically just looking for people to tell me "oh ya admin is easy as shit you'll be fine, dont worry that you spent all day watching basketball instead of studying for a class you never went to and did 0 reading for and have an exam in in 1 day"

the only thing i will say that is impressive about this answer is that they did mange to type ~6,000 words for a 3 hr exam.

quiver

Silver

Post by quiver » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:14 pm

traehekat wrote:oh ya admin is easy as shit you'll be fine, dont worry that you spent all day watching basketball instead of studying for a class you never went to and did 0 reading for and have an exam in in 1 day
oh ya admin is easy as shit you'll be fine, dont worry that you spent all day watching basketball instead of studying for a class you never went to and did 0 reading for and have an exam in in 1 day

But seriously, admin sucks.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:59 pm

Tonight I went to study at a friends house, and she lives right by the bars. Seeing a bunch of girls in mini-skirts and heels while I'm wearing PJ's reminded me that it is a saturday night and despite finals, some people out there continue to live ordinary lives. I want to go live an ordinary life.... but I have Evidence on Monday (closed book) and I have like two things memorized out of 5bajillion.

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:06 am

snowpeach06 wrote:Tonight I went to study at a friends house, and she lives right by the bars. Seeing a bunch of girls in mini-skirts and heels while I'm wearing PJ's reminded me that it is a saturday night and despite finals, some people out there continue to live ordinary lives. I want to go live an ordinary life.... but I have Evidence on Monday (closed book) and I have like two things memorized out of 5bajillion.
Aren't you Jewish? If so, I recommend poasting miniskirt pics of yourself ITT.

Big Shrimpin

Gold

Post by Big Shrimpin » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:40 am

There's a good deal of motivation going on in the no motivation thread. Does not compute.

Julio_El_Chavo

Silver

Post by Julio_El_Chavo » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:51 am

Big Shrimpin wrote:There's a good deal of motivation going on in the no motivation thread. Does not compute.
+1

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

deebs

Bronze

Post by deebs » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:51 am

the magic hat summer seasonal is tasty

starchinkilt

Bronze

Post by starchinkilt » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:28 am

Waking up now to learn natural resources law in one day. Spent all day yesterday napping/playing FIFA/avoiding work. I give myself 5 hours before I give up and just bank on using this old outline.

eandy

Gold

Post by eandy » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:32 am

Probably drunk person wrecked into my house/yard. Too lulzy and now I can't sleep. Considering studying.....nah.

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:43 am

Big Shrimpin wrote:
Always Credited wrote:Went to GW library for the first time ever. Turns out they don't allow FourLoko. Never going back.
I hate our library. And I love FourLoko.
What the fuck kind of TTT school doesn't allow alcohol in the library???

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Big Shrimpin

Gold

Post by Big Shrimpin » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:33 am

Holly Golightly wrote:
Big Shrimpin wrote:
Always Credited wrote:Went to GW library for the first time ever. Turns out they don't allow FourLoko. Never going back.
GW is a pretty all-around TTT.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:45 am

Was supposed to wake up at 8 and start my take-home around 10:30. Woke up at 10, probs won't start until around noon if not later. Oh well.

Always Credited

Gold

Post by Always Credited » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:58 am

Big Shrimpin wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:
Big Shrimpin wrote:
GW is a pretty all-around TTT.
I was enjoying myself until this travesty. Now I mobilize everyone I know to put down "unemployed" and "$0.01" income on the surveys, no matter what.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:11 am

What the credited strategy on napping after pulling an all nighter. I've been waking up at like 4pm, so I just stayed up last night. I wanna at least work until 12 midnight tonight, then start waking up around 9ish.

Do I take a 2 hour nap. Or a 20 minute one everyone once in a while.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Oban

Silver

Post by Oban » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:32 am

Did a take home exam while watching the playoffs yesterday, then finished it early so i could go to a game.

NoleinNY

Silver

Post by NoleinNY » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:56 pm

Desert Fox wrote:What the credited strategy on napping after pulling an all nighter. I've been waking up at like 4pm, so I just stayed up last night. I wanna at least work until 12 midnight tonight, then start waking up around 9ish.

90 minutes should suffice. If you're going all night, have it around, say, 4:30/5ish. Not only do you get one REM cycle in, but you'll have the sun to help wake you.

swc65

Silver

Post by swc65 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:14 pm

Desert Fox wrote:What the credited strategy on napping after pulling an all nighter. I've been waking up at like 4pm, so I just stayed up last night. I wanna at least work until 12 midnight tonight, then start waking up around 9ish.

Just use stimulants.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bflYjF90t7c

then you'll be so excited to study.

Pretzel_Logic

Platinum

Post by Pretzel_Logic » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:25 pm

Just took bankruptcy take home.

I could have typed "lolwtfbbq" on one of those questions and gotten as much credit as I think I got. :lol:

TWO MORE TO GO EFF YOU LAW SCHOOL

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

NoleinNY

Silver

Post by NoleinNY » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:30 pm

True story: a friend of mine wrote on a civ pro exam "Batman has no jurisdiction."

Pretzel_Logic

Platinum

Post by Pretzel_Logic » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:33 pm

My first semester 1L civ pro prof was a huge baseball fan and our exam was based on jurisdiction for a fictionalized Roger Clemens. I made jokes about steroids all over the exam and got credit for it. I know because he tracked me down later to tell me. ...Win?

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:40 pm

NoleinNY wrote:True story: a friend of mine wrote on a civ pro exam "Batman has no jurisdiction."
just alol'd.

pretzel, how many days you got to take the last 2?

joeshmo39

Silver

Post by joeshmo39 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:11 pm

This no-offer brought to you by: Reddit.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”