2L. No motivation Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
TTH

Diamond

Re: 2L. No motivation

Post by TTH » Mon May 07, 2012 11:38 pm

Studying for PR is dumber than taking a class on PR. Just gotta remember it's the last final...

dailygrind

Diamond

Post by dailygrind » Mon May 07, 2012 11:41 pm

TTH wrote:Studying for PR is dumber than taking a class on PR. Just gotta remember it's the last final...
So, this no sex with clients unless you have a prior relationship thing. What exactly constitutes a prior relationship...

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Mon May 07, 2012 11:42 pm

dailygrind wrote:
TTH wrote:Studying for PR is dumber than taking a class on PR. Just gotta remember it's the last final...
So, this no sex with clients unless you have a prior relationship thing. What exactly constitutes a prior relationship...
Same rule as at the bar . . . when they laugh at one of your jokes, amirite?

de5igual

Silver

Post by de5igual » Mon May 07, 2012 11:44 pm

studying for PR is surprisingly difficult

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Mon May 07, 2012 11:45 pm

f0bolous wrote:studying for PR is surprisingly difficult
Yep. Fucks given = 0

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dailygrind

Diamond

Post by dailygrind » Mon May 07, 2012 11:51 pm

TTH wrote:
dailygrind wrote:
Same rule as at the bar . . . when they laugh at one of your jokes, amirite?
Shit, I'm gonna have to work on my sense of humor if I want to keep my options open.

goodolgil

Silver

Post by goodolgil » Tue May 08, 2012 1:11 pm

TTH wrote:
Yep. Fucks given = 0
That's one class where I didn't take any notes or do most of the readings. Felt like I was totally fucked but then found a bomb ass outline the day before the final (it was like 55 pages! For a class where we read no cases and just talked about the rules--I was elated and appalled at the same time), and I think that saved me. The thing basically outlined every comment to each model rule.

There was also a word limit that I didn't know about (was not on the take-home essay prompt). The directions said "refer to online instructions for time and word limit instructions). I scoured everywhere on my school's blackboard-equivalent looking for anything about a word limit and found nothing. So I assumed that was just boilerplate language and that there was no limit, since I couldn't find any reference to it anywhere. Two days later I randomly find out that there was an attachment with the take-home that specified the limit. I freaked out because I wrote a ton (of bullshit), but then I find out I was over 1,000 words short of the limit anyway. It was a total success kid moment (and this is also a total cool story bro, I know).

somewhatwayward

Silver

Post by somewhatwayward » Tue May 08, 2012 1:13 pm

ugh i've been procrastinating over the last two papers for almost a week, barely anything written......having to do it in a big rush was so unnecessary but i made it that way anyway

SFConfidential

New

Post by SFConfidential » Tue May 08, 2012 1:15 pm

goodolgil wrote:
TTH wrote:
Yep. Fucks given = 0
That's one class where I didn't take any notes or do most of the readings. Felt like I was totally fucked but then found a bomb ass outline the day before the final (it was like 55 pages! For a class where we read no cases and just talked about the rules--I was elated and appalled at the same time), and I think that saved me. The thing basically outlined every comment to each model rule.

There was also a word limit that I didn't know about (was not on the take-home essay prompt). The directions said "refer to online instructions for time and word limit instructions). I scoured everywhere on my school's blackboard-equivalent looking for anything about a word limit and found nothing. So I assumed that was just boilerplate language and that there was no limit, since I couldn't find any reference to it anywhere. Two days later I randomly find out that there was an attachment with the take-home that specified the limit. I freaked out because I wrote a ton (of bullshit), but then I find out I was over 1,000 words short of the limit anyway. It was a total success kid moment (and this is also a total cool story bro, I know).
Oh hey position I'm finding myself in right now. Wanna hook a brother up with that magic outline?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

goodolgil

Silver

Post by goodolgil » Tue May 08, 2012 1:18 pm

PM'd

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Tue May 08, 2012 3:47 pm

Who got that good package?
Last edited by TTH on Tue May 08, 2012 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doritos

Silver

Post by Doritos » Tue May 08, 2012 4:34 pm

Only one more. 3L is sooooooo close...

desertlaw

Silver

Post by desertlaw » Tue May 08, 2012 7:18 pm

Doritos wrote:Only one more. 3L is sooooooo close...
I think we're all like those marathon runners that slowly crawl across the finish line. Only to 3 hours later be found having a great time drinking.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Ludo!

Gold

Post by Ludo! » Tue May 08, 2012 7:29 pm

The only thing I have left is a paper due Friday. What time Thursday night should I think about starting that?

Julio_El_Chavo

Silver

Post by Julio_El_Chavo » Tue May 08, 2012 7:50 pm

I have 36 hours to study for my Fed Tax final and I'm watching baseball.

-3L

quiver

Silver

Post by quiver » Tue May 08, 2012 7:51 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:The only thing I have left is a paper due Friday. What time Thursday night should I think about starting that?
How long does it need to be? What time on Friday is it due?

Regardless, the answer is probably midnight.

blurbz

Silver

Post by blurbz » Tue May 08, 2012 7:56 pm

BA final tomorrow. Zero fucks are being given right now.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Ludo!

Gold

Post by Ludo! » Tue May 08, 2012 8:22 pm

quiver wrote:
Ludovico Technique wrote:The only thing I have left is a paper due Friday. What time Thursday night should I think about starting that?
How long does it need to be? What time on Friday is it due?

Regardless, the answer is probably midnight.
30 pages courier new. Not sure there if there is an actual time deadline. Prof is kind of senile

BiggieSmallsLaw

New

Post by BiggieSmallsLaw » Tue May 08, 2012 8:33 pm

So...what's the worst I could do on my PR exam without having really paid attention all semester. I've read most of the rules once or twice. Read some cases for class...a long time ago. It's some multiple choice, 2 essays. Open book but can't bring in an old outline.

Predictions/anecdotes/advice?

Ludo!

Gold

Post by Ludo! » Tue May 08, 2012 8:35 pm

How is it open book if you can't have an outline? Can you bring a list of the rules?

blurbz

Silver

Post by blurbz » Tue May 08, 2012 8:37 pm

BiggieSmallsLaw wrote:So...what's the worst I could do on my PR exam without having really paid attention all semester. I've read most of the rules once or twice. Read some cases for class...a long time ago. It's some multiple choice, 2 essays. Open book but can't bring in an old outline.

hahaha this is an excellent first post. You're so not motivated that you CREATED an account on TLS just to talk about how not motivated you are. I think you've won today's round.

Advice for PR....These are jokes related to dumb people in my class but I'll pass them on anyway:

Informed consent, confirmed in writing, bro; and
substantially similar matters, bro.

Stick to those, and you can't go wrong. (warning--I also did not pay attention/read in my PR class. Took exam last week...we'll see how it turns out)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

BiggieSmallsLaw

New

Post by BiggieSmallsLaw » Tue May 08, 2012 8:43 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:How is it open book if you can't have an outline? Can you bring a list of the rules?
Can have textbook, rules book (all annotated) and any outline that I myself made.

BiggieSmallsLaw

New

Post by BiggieSmallsLaw » Tue May 08, 2012 8:45 pm

blurbz wrote:
BiggieSmallsLaw wrote:So...what's the worst I could do on my PR exam without having really paid attention all semester. I've read most of the rules once or twice. Read some cases for class...a long time ago. It's some multiple choice, 2 essays. Open book but can't bring in an old outline.

hahaha this is an excellent first post. You're so not motivated that you CREATED an account on TLS just to talk about how not motivated you are. I think you've won today's round.

Advice for PR....These are jokes related to dumb people in my class but I'll pass them on anyway:

Informed consent, confirmed in writing, bro; and
substantially similar matters, bro.

Stick to those, and you can't go wrong. (warning--I also did not pay attention/read in my PR class. Took exam last week...we'll see how it turns out)
haha thanks bro. thought i'd start out with a bang

Ludo!

Gold

Post by Ludo! » Tue May 08, 2012 8:48 pm

BiggieSmallsLaw wrote:
Ludovico Technique wrote:How is it open book if you can't have an outline? Can you bring a list of the rules?
Can have textbook, rules book (all annotated) and any outline that I myself made.
Ah nice. If you have the rule book I think you can get at least median just by using common sense. For example, if the fact pattern says guy is at a firm representing Client X, then he goes to a firm that represents Client Y who is suing Client X, common sense should tell you he can't do that. Then you just look and see what rule says that (1.7). The subject matter of PR is super easy.

BiggieSmallsLaw

New

Post by BiggieSmallsLaw » Tue May 08, 2012 8:50 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:
BiggieSmallsLaw wrote:
Ah nice. If you have the rule book I think you can get at least median just by using common sense. For example, if the fact pattern says guy is at a firm representing Client X, then he goes to a firm that represents Client Y who is suing Client X, common sense should tell you he can't do that. Then you just look and see what rule says that (1.7). The subject matter of PR is super easy.
Brilliant. Median is A-ok with me. (Clearly)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”