Gunners or Misplaced Paranoia?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
starlight007

Gunners or Misplaced Paranoia?

Postby starlight007 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:43 pm

So, it's October, everyone is starting to outline, do practice hypos, go to office hours etc etc.....and then whispers begin about certain students meeting with a private tutor weekly to go over the doctrinal first year courses to get a leg up. I definitely understand LSAT prep tutoring....but is this normal?

Re: Gunners or Misplaced Paranoia?

Postby 23402385985 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:46 pm

starlight007 wrote:So, it's October, everyone is starting to outline, do practice hypos, go to office hours etc etc.....and then whispers begin about certain students meeting with a private tutor weekly to go over the doctrinal first year courses to get a leg up. I definitely understand LSAT prep tutoring....but is this normal?

Well, if one could find another student to drill them on how to write that professor's exam, I'd say it would be pretty useful if you could apply it yourself. I doubt it is all that normal, though.

dreakol

Postby dreakol » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:00 pm

starlight007 wrote:So, it's October, everyone is starting to outline, do practice hypos, go to office hours etc etc.....and then whispers begin about certain students meeting with a private tutor weekly to go over the doctrinal first year courses to get a leg up. I definitely understand LSAT prep tutoring....but is this normal?

if someone is having that much trouble with the basic concepts of first year courses that they need a private tutor...lol @ them

starlight007

Postby starlight007 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:47 pm

Lol, I didn't want to laugh, but it was like on some exclusivity shit. I mean yes I read supplements, but paying someone 3500 to give me an overview of my classes was just excessive. But then I thought, that there are a bunch of commercial companies just preying on 1Ls for this very reason.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”