So stressed that I skipped class and bought a LV purse Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
ilovesf

Diamond

Re: So stressed that I skipped class and bought a LV purse

Post by ilovesf » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:53 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
Jordan77 wrote:
cheeseburger wrote:
dumb is when you score a 149 on the lsat HTH

I scored a 153, does that make me dumb even though I wiped the floor with kids scoring 165+? No one cares about LSAT scores once you are in law school, chief.
I thought that you were only top 15% at a school in the 70-80 range (where 75th percentile LSATs are only around 160, right?)? And from there you transferred to Arizona State where you were in the top 20%. What was ASU's 75th percentile LSAT when you were there? I'm guessing low 160's?

So you actually found out the LSAT scores and law school grades of your classmates and after comparing them to yours, declared yourself a "floor wiper"? Impressive.

impressive sleuthing

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:42 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:What is this I don't even
Some funny threads start on TLS but then TLS messes them up

FeelTheHeat

Platinum

Post by FeelTheHeat » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:48 pm

Grizz wrote:
FeelTheHeat wrote:What is this I don't even
Some funny threads start on TLS but then TLS messes them up
Tbf that was directed more at the responses than the OP

mimi82

New

Post by mimi82 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:55 pm

[*]
Last edited by mimi82 on Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ruxin1

Silver

Post by Ruxin1 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:32 pm

mimi82 wrote:Is there a way I can delete this thread? If so someone please PM me. Because the conversation has gotten off topic and I don't agree with encouraging stupid behavior.
Welcome to TLS

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tyro

Silver

Post by tyro » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:43 pm

I didn't read the entire thread but if you open an attached document from Outlook and then do a "save" in Word it does not save it and you won't find it on your temp files, nor will you be happy to find that your changes to the document were autosaved. As a matter of fact, you might spend three hours searching and posting on Microsoft forums only to find that the changes to the document are gone and cannot be recovered.

Stanford4Me

Platinum

Post by Stanford4Me » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:04 am

double d's, big dicks.

MTC87

New

Post by MTC87 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:35 am

tyro wrote:I didn't read the entire thread but if you open an attached document from Outlook and then do a "save" in Word it does not save it and you won't find it on your temp files, nor will you be happy to find that your changes to the document were autosaved. As a matter of fact, you might spend three hours searching and posting on Microsoft forums only to find that the changes to the document are gone and cannot be recovered.
Is this really true? I seem to recall I ran into this problem at work a few times, but I always ended up being able to find the file (with my edits) somewhere, even if I didn't do a "Save As."

tyro

Silver

Post by tyro » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:24 pm

MTC87 wrote:
tyro wrote:I didn't read the entire thread but if you open an attached document from Outlook and then do a "save" in Word it does not save it and you won't find it on your temp files, nor will you be happy to find that your changes to the document were autosaved. As a matter of fact, you might spend three hours searching and posting on Microsoft forums only to find that the changes to the document are gone and cannot be recovered.
Is this really true? I seem to recall I ran into this problem at work a few times, but I always ended up being able to find the file (with my edits) somewhere, even if I didn't do a "Save As."
I lost a 7-page essay a couple of years ago after opening an attached doc and doing a "Save" (not "Save As"). I visited multiple forums/did searches and looked around for about three hours in various places for my edits. It's possible that it was saved somewhere but I was told by a self-proclaimed Office expert that my edits were probably not saved in any temp folder (and I didn't end up finding the edited document). Since it was only 7 pages that I had lost, after three hours I just started over.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”