What to do with secondary law from a case?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
target

What to do with secondary law from a case?

Postby target » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:41 pm

I am not sure if that's even called secondary law, probably not. But few of my profs just went over cases that have BLLs that are either unrelated or not within the scope of our class. For example, in tort, we were talking about emotional distress, but the case also covered con law materials. Another example is a contract case with some tort BLL.

So, my question is should we need to know those BLLs that are not within the scope of our class? TYIA.

shoeshine

Re: What to do with secondary law from a case?

Postby shoeshine » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:48 pm

target wrote:I am not sure if that's even called secondary law, probably not. But few of my profs just went over cases that have BLLs that are either unrelated or not within the scope of our class. For example, in tort, we were talking about emotional distress, but the case also covered con law materials. Another example is a contract case with some tort BLL.

So, my question is should we need to know those BLLs that are not within the scope of our class? TYIA.

Unless I don't understand what your are asking I am pretty confident the answer is no.

The only exception might be if a case was chosen to illustrate how one rule from another another area of law affects a certain rule.

For example, first amendment rights might trump some intentional interference with contract torts.

Kilpatrick

Re: What to do with secondary law from a case?

Postby Kilpatrick » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:52 pm

Just ignore it.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”