E&E Federal Income Tax 3rd ed. opposed to the 6th ed.

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
PWEX

E&E Federal Income Tax 3rd ed. opposed to the 6th ed.

Postby PWEX » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:30 pm

So, I have a midterm coming up in about a month in my Fed. Tax 1 class and to get some more practice using the code I bought an E&E off of Amazon. Stupidly I assumed that the book that hit would be the most current edition. Long story short, I just got the 3rd edition (published in 2002) rather the current 6th edition (published in 2011) that I wanted. Granted this is only Tax 1 so at least for this test I don't think we will go too far past gross income, ATL and BTL deductions, and Alt. Min. Tax. I figured I would shoot the question out to the TLS world: You think it's stupid to take info from a tax supplement that's 9 years old, or am I making too big a deal out of this? I feel like the obvious answer is to get the new one, but I find that when the answer is too obvious to me it's usually wrong. Thanks.

nealric

Re: E&E Federal Income Tax 3rd ed. opposed to the 6th ed.

Postby nealric » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:22 pm

It's probably no big deal with fed tax I. None of the basic concepts have changed since 2002.

With more advanced tax classes, I would avoid any supplement more than a couple of years old (especially anything written before 2004).

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”