Pocket guides? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
stuffnuff

New

Pocket guides?

Post by stuffnuff » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:09 pm

I take the bus to/from school which takes, if I'm fortunate, an hour each way. I would like to use the time to do review, etc., but carrying around something like the E&Es for that isn't exactly easy on the shoulders. I noticed a chemistry student had a pocket guide he was using on the bus and it gave me the inspiration. Trouble is, I can't find anything (Actually, the only things I can find are a pocket guide to legal writing and a pocket guide for private investigators). For relevant things, I can only find the flash cards and from what I've been told they are overpriced and not very helpful. So, do pocket guides exist that would be useful for a 1L? Thanks.

upalittletoolate

New

Re: Pocket guides?

Post by upalittletoolate » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:12 pm

I saw a little pocket book on Civ Pro in the Westlaw Lab today actually- not sure how useful it might be, but definitely small enough, and they might have more topics available...

EDIT: Went to Google, appears to be only the Federal Rules. Sorry about that....

morris248

Bronze

Re: Pocket guides?

Post by morris248 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:37 pm

One thing you might consider is a small CD player and the Law School Legends or
Sum and Substance CD's. They are a little pricey but you can buy used. I had a
long commute one semester and played the torts one in the car and found it excellent. The Aspen
Audio Guide to Civ Pro is also supposed to be very good.

Law School Legends CD

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”