Photocopying Casebooks

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
FlanAl

Photocopying Casebooks

Postby FlanAl » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:09 pm

I swear I read on here that kinkos will photocopy your whole casebook for you for like $40. I haven't been able to find it again so if anyone knows anything about this or could post the link that would be great. At this point I'm pretty sure this is wishful thinking but it would really be great to not have to lug all those books back and forth.

kahechsof

Re: Photocopying Casebooks

Postby kahechsof » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:12 pm

Is that legal

FlanAl

Postby FlanAl » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:18 pm

You can photocopy a case out of your book at the library and take it home can't you? why not have someone do that for you and for all the cases. But yeah I don't really know if it is legal or not.

Kinkos got sued because they were selling packets compiled of sections from books for a profit to college students. I think that is different than having them photocopy a book that I own. But to be honest I really don't know haha thats why I said that it might be wishful thinking in the OP.

dresq

Postby dresq » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:22 pm

No, Kinkos can't do it. Not even if you have the right to (which depends on how much you're copying, for what, and a lot of other things).

http://scholar.google.com/scholar_case? ... 76&scilh=0

Richie Tenenbaum

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:25 pm

You can remove the binding and have kinko's rebind I believe (or just put the pages in binders). I've never done this, but i've seen classmates do it.

paratactical

Postby paratactical » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:26 pm

The Kinkos near me tore out the bindings on on some of my books and rebound them for me in smaller sections in UG. Maybe that would help?

swc65

Postby swc65 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:32 pm

paratactical wrote:The Kinkos near me tore out the bindings on on some of my books and rebound them for me in smaller sections in UG. Maybe that would help?

Op is trying to get the book w/out paying for it or something similar, was my take on it.

Just pdf scan in the library and have kinkos print the pdf.

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:33 pm

swc65 wrote:
paratactical wrote:The Kinkos near me tore out the bindings on on some of my books and rebound them for me in smaller sections in UG. Maybe that would help?

Op is trying to get the book w/out paying for it or something similar, was my take on it.

It doesn't at all sound like the OP doesn't want to pay for the books. He just doesn't want to have to carry heavy casebooks around.

lzyovrachievr

Postby lzyovrachievr » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:24 am

Getting the books cut into sections is TCR for that, IMO. I did it, and I can carry all three casebooks around with me daily without it being an issue at all.

The photocopying would be nice though because then you could write on the copy rather than the book and get back more monies in resale.

FlanAl

Postby FlanAl » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:43 am

swc65 wrote:

Nope already own all the books.

I think it must have been the smaller binding thing that I saw earlier. Thanks for the help!

swc65

Postby swc65 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:59 pm

FlanAl wrote:
swc65 wrote:

Nope already own all the books.

I think it must have been the smaller binding thing that I saw earlier. Thanks for the help!

Reading Comp fail. A thousand apologies.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”