MBE Tort Practice Questions

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
LSATNightmares

MBE Tort Practice Questions

Postby LSATNightmares » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:01 am

So, my Torts professor writes multiple-choice questions for the MBE. We're going to have multiple-choice questions for our final exam, and I hear they can be pretty hard. I figured I'd practice a little with Torts questions from the MBE, but I'm having trouble locating a source that isn't ridiculously expensive. I just want to be able to easily get to the Torts questions and see the answers. Can anyone recommend any particular books or even online sources that are legit?

I.P. Daly

Re: MBE Tort Practice Questions

Postby I.P. Daly » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:14 am

If you lock in with a bar prep course like BarBri, you can access online practice tests with MBE-like questions for 1L courses.

LSATNightmares

Postby LSATNightmares » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:25 am

I don't know much about "locking-in." Do I have to know what state I want to take the bar in? Because I don't know yet... and are the costs expensive?

I.P. Daly

Postby I.P. Daly » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:53 am

LSATNightmares wrote:I don't know much about "locking-in." Do I have to know what state I want to take the bar in? Because I don't know yet... and are the costs expensive?

I'm not a rep for a bar prep company, so you may want to ask the reps.

Nonetheless, it probably depends on the company. With BarBri, I locked in for $50.00. However, after locking in, I decided to switch states. With BarBri, there is no penalty for switching states, but, BarBri requires that you have a total of $250.00 deposited in your account before you can switch.

To get access to the upper level materials, BarBri requires that you make an additionally deposit as a 2L.

Also, form what I understand, if you want to switch bar prep companies, as an incentive, some companies will credit the deposit that you deposited with another company. So, if you deposit $50.00 with BarBri, and decide to switch to BarMax, for example, BarMax may credit the $50.00 that you deposited with BarBri.

morris248

Postby morris248 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:42 pm

There are a few multiple choice torts questions at

http://www.law-school-books.com/torts-multiple-choice.html

there are a torts essay exams and answers at

http://law.widener.edu/lawlibrary/services/examarchive.aspx

For a supplement Q&A Torts 2011-2012

Q&A Torts 2011-2012

ggocat

Postby ggocat » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:29 pm

ask your kaplan and barbri reps.

check craigslist for used kaplan mbe questions (I think kaplan generally is preferred to barbri for MBE prep).

for $300, you get MBE qbank at kaplan.

LSATNightmares

Postby LSATNightmares » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:29 am

Thanks for the suggestion of Kaplan! I looked it up, and I found some used copies that are decently priced. I also like how it's legit. Appreciate it. :-)

LAWYER2

Postby LAWYER2 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:01 pm

good info.
It's been a tad challenging finding fairly recent tort testing material. Keep em coming

c.partin11

Postby c.partin11 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:44 pm

I am a 1L Student BARBRI Rep. Once you have signed up and have online access, you have multiple choice questions for every 1L subject available along with your course. If you haven't already, you should look in to it!

You have access online to 1L study materials, lectures, and practice multiple choice questions online for both computer and mobile use. There is an iPhone application for BARBRI that allows you to access all the material on the go.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”