Page 1 of 1

MPRE results

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:34 pm
by tandoing
MPRE results are available. Just got mine :)

Re: MPRE results

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:48 pm
by aquasaqua
I'm taking in November. Do you remember when you got your test center assignment?

Congratulations I hope based on the :) !

Re: MPRE results

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:26 pm
by Bigbub75
Yeah, not as happy about my score. 81. NY requires an 85. :(
I'm not totally shocked but I got an A in Prof. Responsibilty so I got my hope up. Debating whether I should take it again in November or wait.

Re: MPRE results

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:43 pm
by desperate4lawschool
Also passed, but that was with like 3 days of studying. Those who say they studied for one hour the night before are hugely misleading... I would take it seriously and really study for it.

Re: MPRE results

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:03 pm
by constable
desperate4lawschool wrote:Also passed, but that was with like 3 days of studying. Those who say they studied for one hour the night before are hugely misleading... I would take it seriously and really study for it.


This.

Re: MPRE results

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:31 pm
by I.P. Daly
Any thoughts on the best MPRE prep material?

I've heard that Kaplan is significantly better than BarBri.

Re: MPRE results

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:50 pm
by constable
I.P. Daly wrote:Any thoughts on the best MPRE prep material?

I've heard that Kaplan is significantly better than BarBri.


I got a 111 and all I used was BarBri and the practice quiz you can purchase on the Official MPRE site. I tried some of the Kaplan questions and while they were harder, they seemed to be weird types of questions. By that I mean, I got the feeling that people just went through the ABA Rules and made up some knee jerk questions that weren't already taken by BarBri, based on a quick look over without trying to make them similar to previous MPRE questions.

Still, some really liked Kaplan. If I could go back in time I would probably do more Kaplan on the off chance it wold prepare me for harder questions. However, results don't lie. The test was hard and I passed with a good score based on Barbri and the 60 question MPRE official practice exam.

Re: MPRE results

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:46 pm
by tandoing
I watched the barbri video and did 3 practice exams. Spent about a week studying for it. Got a 130. I don't recommend trying to study the night before or relying on your professional responsibility class.

Re: MPRE results-- scaled score =50?!?!?!

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:00 pm
by lola93208
so, a very curious thing happened when i pulled up my score results today . . . scaled score = 50. what could have possibly happened? i'm sure i was answering the questions in the proper column, although i suppose there is a possibility that i accidentally skipped one and didn't notice. a friend suggested maybe the "machine" didn't recognize my pencil type that i used. has anyone ever heard of this happening? what happens when i ask for a recheck of my score? will they allow me to have access to the test and my original answer sheet?

thanks for your thoughts!

Re: MPRE results-- scaled score =50?!?!?!

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:55 pm
by constable
lola93208 wrote:so, a very curious thing happened when i pulled up my score results today . . . scaled score = 50. what could have possibly happened? i'm sure i was answering the questions in the proper column, although i suppose there is a possibility that i accidentally skipped one and didn't notice. a friend suggested maybe the "machine" didn't recognize my pencil type that i used. has anyone ever heard of this happening? what happens when i ask for a recheck of my score? will they allow me to have access to the test and my original answer sheet?

thanks for your thoughts!


I feel for you, that had to feel like a punch to the gut. However, if you used a #2 pencil I doubt there is any issue with the machine not reading it correctly. No harm in requesting a recheck but you likely jut had a bad day. Take it in November. It's the MPRE, just pass it and move on. Don't sweat it.

Re: MPRE results

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:15 pm
by I.P. Daly
constable wrote:I got a 111 and all I used was BarBri and the practice quiz you can purchase on the Official MPRE site. I tried some of the Kaplan questions and while they were harder, they seemed to be weird types of questions. By that I mean, I got the feeling that people just went through the ABA Rules and made up some knee jerk questions that weren't already taken by BarBri, based on a quick look over without trying to make them similar to previous MPRE questions.

Still, some really liked Kaplan. If I could go back in time I would probably do more Kaplan on the off chance it wold prepare me for harder questions. However, results don't lie. The test was hard and I passed with a good score based on Barbri and the 60 question MPRE official practice exam.


tandoing wrote:I watched the barbri video and did 3 practice exams. Spent about a week studying for it. Got a 130. I don't recommend trying to study the night before or relying on your professional responsibility class.


Thanks for the feedback!

It sounds like both BarBri and Kaplan are adequate.

Re: MPRE results-- scaled score =50?!?!?!

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:33 pm
by lola93208
constable wrote:
lola93208 wrote:so, a very curious thing happened when i pulled up my score results today . . . scaled score = 50. what could have possibly happened? i'm sure i was answering the questions in the proper column, although i suppose there is a possibility that i accidentally skipped one and didn't notice. a friend suggested maybe the "machine" didn't recognize my pencil type that i used. has anyone ever heard of this happening? what happens when i ask for a recheck of my score? will they allow me to have access to the test and my original answer sheet?

thanks for your thoughts!


I feel for you, that had to feel like a punch to the gut. However, if you used a #2 pencil I doubt there is any issue with the machine not reading it correctly. No harm in requesting a recheck but you likely jut had a bad day. Take it in November. It's the MPRE, just pass it and move on. Don't sweat it.


Thanks for the response, but I don't think I could have had THAT bad of a day. I was getting at least 70-75% correct on practice tests. A 50 is the absolute lowest score the NCBE can dish out. Surely, I got at least one question right out of 50? I just don't see how this is possible without there having been some mishap, be it my own carelessness or otherwise.

Btw . . . I did use No. 2 pencils, but they were really old, cruddy ones that I found laying around the house that morning. Maybe, just maybe they weren't good anymore? I know I'm reaching here and I should just move on, but this is like a mystery to me at this point.

Re: MPRE results

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:04 pm
by 24secure
I agree with those that say don't put this test off till the night before the test. I watched the 3-4 hr Barbri video and did all the questions in the book. Barbri questions were much more difficult than the actual test but they helped a lot when it came to the more difficult questions.

Ended up with a 120. Put some effort into it and you should be fine.

Re: MPRE results

Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:17 am
by cake
tandoing wrote:I watched the barbri video and did 3 practice exams. Spent about a week studying for it. Got a 130. I don't recommend trying to study the night before or relying on your professional responsibility class.

About a month of my professional responsibility course, followed by the Barbri video (not paying attention- ironing, washing dishes, etc) and 20 practice questions after a few beers the night before got me over 120. If you can take a standardized test well, the video should be overkill as far as studying goes.

Re: MPRE results

Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:56 am
by leobowski
106. I had the dry heaves during the test too. Oontz oontz oontz.

Re: MPRE results

Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:01 pm
by desperate4lawschool
lola93208 wrote:Thanks for the response, but I don't think I could have had THAT bad of a day. I was getting at least 70-75% correct on practice tests. A 50 is the absolute lowest score the NCBE can dish out. Surely, I got at least one question right out of 50? I just don't see how this is possible without there having been some mishap, be it my own carelessness or otherwise.

Btw . . . I did use No. 2 pencils, but they were really old, cruddy ones that I found laying around the house that morning. Maybe, just maybe they weren't good anymore? I know I'm reaching here and I should just move on, but this is like a mystery to me at this point.


You have the opportunity to get your answer sheet regraded (manually?). I'd do it b/c even if you had entered the answers in the wrong row, you would've had to enter each answer incorrectly from Question 1, thereby misplacing ALL your answers. Even if you had misaligned your answers, you'd at least get a couple questions correct. So getting a raw score of 50 makes me think you either entered your answers in the far right columns, which were meant to be left blank or the machine was not able to read your answers. Either way, I'd ask for a recheck.

Re: MPRE results

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:58 pm
by Julio_El_Chavo
cake wrote:
tandoing wrote:I watched the barbri video and did 3 practice exams. Spent about a week studying for it. Got a 130. I don't recommend trying to study the night before or relying on your professional responsibility class.

About a month of my professional responsibility course, followed by the Barbri video (not paying attention- ironing, washing dishes, etc) and 20 practice questions after a few beers the night before got me over 120. If you can take a standardized test well, the video should be overkill as far as studying goes.


Just wanted to clear up the record: this is bullshit.

Re: MPRE results

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:10 pm
by bns_77
Test today was... interesting.

Just give me the 80 and get me outta here