MPRE results

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
tandoing
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:47 pm

MPRE results

Postby tandoing » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:34 pm

MPRE results are available. Just got mine :)

aquasaqua
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:50 pm

Re: MPRE results

Postby aquasaqua » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:48 pm

I'm taking in November. Do you remember when you got your test center assignment?

Congratulations I hope based on the :) !

User avatar
Bigbub75
Posts: 127
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:50 pm

Re: MPRE results

Postby Bigbub75 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:26 pm

Yeah, not as happy about my score. 81. NY requires an 85. :(
I'm not totally shocked but I got an A in Prof. Responsibilty so I got my hope up. Debating whether I should take it again in November or wait.

desperate4lawschool
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:28 pm

Re: MPRE results

Postby desperate4lawschool » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:43 pm

Also passed, but that was with like 3 days of studying. Those who say they studied for one hour the night before are hugely misleading... I would take it seriously and really study for it.

constable
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:00 pm

Re: MPRE results

Postby constable » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:03 pm

desperate4lawschool wrote:Also passed, but that was with like 3 days of studying. Those who say they studied for one hour the night before are hugely misleading... I would take it seriously and really study for it.


This.

User avatar
I.P. Daly
Posts: 920
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:27 pm

Re: MPRE results

Postby I.P. Daly » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:31 pm

Any thoughts on the best MPRE prep material?

I've heard that Kaplan is significantly better than BarBri.

constable
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:00 pm

Re: MPRE results

Postby constable » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:50 pm

I.P. Daly wrote:Any thoughts on the best MPRE prep material?

I've heard that Kaplan is significantly better than BarBri.


I got a 111 and all I used was BarBri and the practice quiz you can purchase on the Official MPRE site. I tried some of the Kaplan questions and while they were harder, they seemed to be weird types of questions. By that I mean, I got the feeling that people just went through the ABA Rules and made up some knee jerk questions that weren't already taken by BarBri, based on a quick look over without trying to make them similar to previous MPRE questions.

Still, some really liked Kaplan. If I could go back in time I would probably do more Kaplan on the off chance it wold prepare me for harder questions. However, results don't lie. The test was hard and I passed with a good score based on Barbri and the 60 question MPRE official practice exam.

tandoing
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:47 pm

Re: MPRE results

Postby tandoing » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:46 pm

I watched the barbri video and did 3 practice exams. Spent about a week studying for it. Got a 130. I don't recommend trying to study the night before or relying on your professional responsibility class.

lola93208
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:52 am

Re: MPRE results-- scaled score =50?!?!?!

Postby lola93208 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:00 pm

so, a very curious thing happened when i pulled up my score results today . . . scaled score = 50. what could have possibly happened? i'm sure i was answering the questions in the proper column, although i suppose there is a possibility that i accidentally skipped one and didn't notice. a friend suggested maybe the "machine" didn't recognize my pencil type that i used. has anyone ever heard of this happening? what happens when i ask for a recheck of my score? will they allow me to have access to the test and my original answer sheet?

thanks for your thoughts!

constable
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:00 pm

Re: MPRE results-- scaled score =50?!?!?!

Postby constable » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:55 pm

lola93208 wrote:so, a very curious thing happened when i pulled up my score results today . . . scaled score = 50. what could have possibly happened? i'm sure i was answering the questions in the proper column, although i suppose there is a possibility that i accidentally skipped one and didn't notice. a friend suggested maybe the "machine" didn't recognize my pencil type that i used. has anyone ever heard of this happening? what happens when i ask for a recheck of my score? will they allow me to have access to the test and my original answer sheet?

thanks for your thoughts!


I feel for you, that had to feel like a punch to the gut. However, if you used a #2 pencil I doubt there is any issue with the machine not reading it correctly. No harm in requesting a recheck but you likely jut had a bad day. Take it in November. It's the MPRE, just pass it and move on. Don't sweat it.

User avatar
I.P. Daly
Posts: 920
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:27 pm

Re: MPRE results

Postby I.P. Daly » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:15 pm

constable wrote:I got a 111 and all I used was BarBri and the practice quiz you can purchase on the Official MPRE site. I tried some of the Kaplan questions and while they were harder, they seemed to be weird types of questions. By that I mean, I got the feeling that people just went through the ABA Rules and made up some knee jerk questions that weren't already taken by BarBri, based on a quick look over without trying to make them similar to previous MPRE questions.

Still, some really liked Kaplan. If I could go back in time I would probably do more Kaplan on the off chance it wold prepare me for harder questions. However, results don't lie. The test was hard and I passed with a good score based on Barbri and the 60 question MPRE official practice exam.


tandoing wrote:I watched the barbri video and did 3 practice exams. Spent about a week studying for it. Got a 130. I don't recommend trying to study the night before or relying on your professional responsibility class.


Thanks for the feedback!

It sounds like both BarBri and Kaplan are adequate.

lola93208
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:52 am

Re: MPRE results-- scaled score =50?!?!?!

Postby lola93208 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:33 pm

constable wrote:
lola93208 wrote:so, a very curious thing happened when i pulled up my score results today . . . scaled score = 50. what could have possibly happened? i'm sure i was answering the questions in the proper column, although i suppose there is a possibility that i accidentally skipped one and didn't notice. a friend suggested maybe the "machine" didn't recognize my pencil type that i used. has anyone ever heard of this happening? what happens when i ask for a recheck of my score? will they allow me to have access to the test and my original answer sheet?

thanks for your thoughts!


I feel for you, that had to feel like a punch to the gut. However, if you used a #2 pencil I doubt there is any issue with the machine not reading it correctly. No harm in requesting a recheck but you likely jut had a bad day. Take it in November. It's the MPRE, just pass it and move on. Don't sweat it.


Thanks for the response, but I don't think I could have had THAT bad of a day. I was getting at least 70-75% correct on practice tests. A 50 is the absolute lowest score the NCBE can dish out. Surely, I got at least one question right out of 50? I just don't see how this is possible without there having been some mishap, be it my own carelessness or otherwise.

Btw . . . I did use No. 2 pencils, but they were really old, cruddy ones that I found laying around the house that morning. Maybe, just maybe they weren't good anymore? I know I'm reaching here and I should just move on, but this is like a mystery to me at this point.

User avatar
24secure
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:27 pm

Re: MPRE results

Postby 24secure » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:04 pm

I agree with those that say don't put this test off till the night before the test. I watched the 3-4 hr Barbri video and did all the questions in the book. Barbri questions were much more difficult than the actual test but they helped a lot when it came to the more difficult questions.

Ended up with a 120. Put some effort into it and you should be fine.

cake
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:55 pm

Re: MPRE results

Postby cake » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:17 am

tandoing wrote:I watched the barbri video and did 3 practice exams. Spent about a week studying for it. Got a 130. I don't recommend trying to study the night before or relying on your professional responsibility class.

About a month of my professional responsibility course, followed by the Barbri video (not paying attention- ironing, washing dishes, etc) and 20 practice questions after a few beers the night before got me over 120. If you can take a standardized test well, the video should be overkill as far as studying goes.

User avatar
leobowski
Posts: 511
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:11 am

Re: MPRE results

Postby leobowski » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:56 am

106. I had the dry heaves during the test too. Oontz oontz oontz.

desperate4lawschool
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:28 pm

Re: MPRE results

Postby desperate4lawschool » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:01 pm

lola93208 wrote:Thanks for the response, but I don't think I could have had THAT bad of a day. I was getting at least 70-75% correct on practice tests. A 50 is the absolute lowest score the NCBE can dish out. Surely, I got at least one question right out of 50? I just don't see how this is possible without there having been some mishap, be it my own carelessness or otherwise.

Btw . . . I did use No. 2 pencils, but they were really old, cruddy ones that I found laying around the house that morning. Maybe, just maybe they weren't good anymore? I know I'm reaching here and I should just move on, but this is like a mystery to me at this point.


You have the opportunity to get your answer sheet regraded (manually?). I'd do it b/c even if you had entered the answers in the wrong row, you would've had to enter each answer incorrectly from Question 1, thereby misplacing ALL your answers. Even if you had misaligned your answers, you'd at least get a couple questions correct. So getting a raw score of 50 makes me think you either entered your answers in the far right columns, which were meant to be left blank or the machine was not able to read your answers. Either way, I'd ask for a recheck.

User avatar
Julio_El_Chavo
Posts: 803
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:09 pm

Re: MPRE results

Postby Julio_El_Chavo » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:58 pm

cake wrote:
tandoing wrote:I watched the barbri video and did 3 practice exams. Spent about a week studying for it. Got a 130. I don't recommend trying to study the night before or relying on your professional responsibility class.

About a month of my professional responsibility course, followed by the Barbri video (not paying attention- ironing, washing dishes, etc) and 20 practice questions after a few beers the night before got me over 120. If you can take a standardized test well, the video should be overkill as far as studying goes.


Just wanted to clear up the record: this is bullshit.

User avatar
bns_77
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 3:19 am

Re: MPRE results

Postby bns_77 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:10 pm

Test today was... interesting.

Just give me the 80 and get me outta here




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BastianPC, Dante181, Downstairs_Mixup, greengrass, Op_Diom and 13 guests