Supplement Suggestions Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
nelaw2010

Bronze

Supplement Suggestions

Post by nelaw2010 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:34 pm

1L looking for advice regarding supplements for the following classes/casebooks (I have read all the relevant post, just looking for specific advice).

Criminal Law: We use Criminal Law 2nd Edition (Bonnie, Coughlin, Low). My professor is policy orientated. I already bought Dressler's Understanding Criminal Law. Any suggestions for a good supplement that is policy focused?

Torts: We use The Torts Process 7th Edition (Henderson, Pearson). Professor seems to focus on BLL, then looks at cases. I already purchased E&E and CrunchTime. Anything else?

I'm not as worried about Torts as I am about Criminal Law. Dressler is good, but I want to make sure that I really understand the policy considerations behind the law/court rulings.

I sincerely appreciate all advice!

Also, if you like ODB, watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uywubSYVgWc

Metaread

Bronze

Re: Supplement Suggestions

Post by Metaread » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:13 pm

What are some good hornbooks people would recommend? I know Chemerinsky's (sp?) Con. Law is recommended. What else?

nelaw2010

Bronze

Post by nelaw2010 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:16 pm

Here are some great hornbook listings:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/success- ... chool.html

Near the bottom of the article.
Metaread wrote:What are some good hornbooks people would recommend? I know Chemerinsky's (sp?) Con. Law is recommended. What else?

nelaw2010

Bronze

Post by nelaw2010 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:51 pm

Anyone?

morris248

Bronze

Post by morris248 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:12 pm

I don't think that you need anything else for torts. There are plenty of old practice exams and model answers around. But

Acing Torts

if you must

for criminal law you already have the best one but you can also pick up the E&E fairly cheap.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

nelaw2010

Bronze

Post by nelaw2010 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:02 pm

Thank you!!!!
morris248 wrote:I don't think that you need anything else for torts. There are plenty of old practice exams and model answers around. But

Acing Torts

if you must

for criminal law you already have the best one but you can also pick up the E&E fairly cheap.

arvcondor

Bronze

Post by arvcondor » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:22 pm

Are supplements crucial? I feel like I'm already gleaning enough information from the cases and the lectures. Am I doing it wrong?

nelaw2010

Bronze

Post by nelaw2010 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:56 am

arvcondor wrote:Are supplements crucial? I feel like I'm already gleaning enough information from the cases and the lectures. Am I doing it wrong?
I think this is unique for every person. For me, it definitely helps to follow the LEEWS/GGG method:
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 8&start=25

It seems to be working, but perhaps I'll get totally fucked come exam time. This method saves so much time, that I almost feel guilty for doing it.

Has anyone out there tried the above method???? Does it work? Am I headed for trouble?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”