Anyone else HATE their school? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
mintypineapple

New

Anyone else HATE their school?

Post by mintypineapple » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:55 am

2L here. Just wondering if anyone else out there hates their law school. I'm not talking about the classes or the profs so much, I'm talking about the people. Everyone at my school is EXTREMELY stuck up and not friendly at all. I thought during 1L that they were like that because of the competition and what not. However, returning for 2L it seems they have gotten worse. It is almost unbearable to be there.

FeelTheHeat

Platinum

Re: Anyone else HATE their school?

Post by FeelTheHeat » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:04 am

mintypineapple wrote:2L here. Just wondering if anyone else out there hates their law school. I'm not talking about the classes or the profs so much, I'm talking about the people. Everyone at my school is EXTREMELY stuck up and not friendly at all. I thought during 1L that they were like that because of the competition and what not. However, returning for 2L it seems they have gotten worse. It is almost unbearable to be there.
Pretty sure that's the profession you've chose, not your lawl school

Bronze

Post by 4910 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:20 am

there has been a couple of douches at my school that have ruined it for me on a few days but for the most part i think it really is the type of ppl who attend law school and especially top law schools.

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:58 am

FeelTheHeat wrote:
mintypineapple wrote:2L here. Just wondering if anyone else out there hates their law school. I'm not talking about the classes or the profs so much, I'm talking about the people. Everyone at my school is EXTREMELY stuck up and not friendly at all. I thought during 1L that they were like that because of the competition and what not. However, returning for 2L it seems they have gotten worse. It is almost unbearable to be there.
Pretty sure that's the profession you've chose, not your lawl school
No.

NYC Law

Gold

Post by NYC Law » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:15 am

What school? You're too new for anyone to know who you are

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

shoeshine

Silver

Post by shoeshine » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:27 am

1L here. I am brand new at my school but the people are pretty awesome. I have heard horror stories about ultra competitive environments at law school but 80% of the people at my school are very chill. We still have gunners and pretentious assholes but they are generally the exception and not the rule.

tyro

Silver

Post by tyro » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:44 am

I mean alternatively it could just be a regional thing. Some regions are known for having a reserved kind of vibe. Are you from the area that you are now going to school?

snailio

Bronze

Post by snailio » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:33 am

Pffffft!

wait until your 3L year when classmates develop the combo vacant stare/lazy eye syndrome, due to no jerb.

Very spooky.

reasonable_man

Gold

Post by reasonable_man » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:11 am

If you think people are bad now, wait till you start interacting with other lawyers. Some are ok. Most are not. I probably hate about 40% (or more), of the lawyers I meet.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Hippononymous

Bronze

Post by Hippononymous » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:22 am

reasonable_man wrote:If you think people are bad now, wait till you start interacting with other lawyers. Some are ok. Most are not. I probably hate about 40% (or more), of the lawyers I meet.
That's interesting, because I probably hate about 60% (or more) of the people I meet.

reasonable_man

Gold

Post by reasonable_man » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:26 am

Hippononymous wrote:
reasonable_man wrote:If you think people are bad now, wait till you start interacting with other lawyers. Some are ok. Most are not. I probably hate about 40% (or more), of the lawyers I meet.
That's interesting, because I probably hate about 60% (or more) of the people I meet.
I could be low at 40%... Its before 9am, so no one has pissed me off yet.. By noon, my numbers could be different..

Peg

Bronze

Post by Peg » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:27 am

Yeah, which school is this, out of curiosity? Because my T25 law school is nothing like that, and I'm thinking you are probably at a T10 school.

You won't reveal your identity if you name your school, as long as you're careful about what you post in the future.

maxm2764

Silver

Post by maxm2764 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:31 am

Peg wrote:Yeah, which school is this, out of curiosity? Because my T25 law school is nothing like that, and I'm thinking you are probably at a T10 school.

You won't reveal your identity if you name your school, as long as you're careful about what you post in the future.
Lulz.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

kurla88

Bronze

Post by kurla88 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:35 am

1L might seem to be more competitive, but once your fellow 2Ls realize that you're literally what's stopping them from paying off 6 figure debt... the real fun starts.

OCI is a stressful time of year. Maybe things will calm down a bit in a couple of months?

kwais

Gold

Post by kwais » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:51 am

Peg wrote:Yeah, which school is this, out of curiosity? Because my T25 law school is nothing like that, and I'm thinking you are probably at a T10 school.

I take issue with this. My "T-10" is extremely friendly so far. Wouldn't everyone's "no jerb" cut the other way?

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:53 am

kwais wrote:

I take issue with this. My "T-10" is extremely friendly so far. Wouldn't everyone's "no jerb" cut the other way?
+1

If I was at a place like Cardozo, for example, I know that even I, personally, would be more cutthroat than where I am now.

BeenDidThat

Silver

Post by BeenDidThat » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:57 am

If you walk around and think everybody else is a douchebag, you just might be the douchebag.

EDITNOTE: Less in jest, more in the way of helpfulness: I highly doubt everyone is an asshat. Some people probably are, but you might be too unforgiving with your judgments.

Also: what school?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

studentofthelaw

New

Post by studentofthelaw » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:21 am

I really hated my school. I no longer go there. Yay me! Almost left several times during 1L.

Naked Dude

Silver

Post by Naked Dude » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:07 pm

studentofthelaw wrote:I really hated my school. I no longer go there. Yay me! Almost left several times during 1L.
What school?

NYC Law

Gold

Post by NYC Law » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:10 pm

Fordham's pretty great so far, no one seems like an asshole that I've met.
My guess is OP goes to IU-B or something

Naked Dude

Silver

Post by Naked Dude » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:12 pm

NYC Law wrote:Fordham's pretty great so far, no one seems like an asshole that I've met.
My guess is OP goes to IU-B or something
I've heard good things about Fordham. I'd be pretty happy and upbeat if I were in New York.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

studentofthelaw

New

Post by studentofthelaw » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:33 pm

Naked Dude wrote:
studentofthelaw wrote:I really hated my school. I no longer go there. Yay me! Almost left several times during 1L.
What school?
It's a TTT as most people call it (pretty disrespectful if you ask me but that's neither here nor there) and I know there are a few ppl from the school on here so I'm not going to go there.

NYC Law

Gold

Post by NYC Law » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:48 pm

studentofthelaw wrote:
Naked Dude wrote:
What school?
It's a TTT as most people call it (pretty disrespectful if you ask me but that's neither here nor there) and I know there are a few ppl from the school on here so I'm not going to go there.
If it's the kind of TTT where 5 people get jobs then I can understand the atmosphere.

Noval

Bronze

Post by Noval » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:18 pm

NYC Law wrote:
studentofthelaw wrote:
Naked Dude wrote:
What school?
If it's the kind of TTT where 5 people get jobs then I can understand the atmosphere.
That's too generous, more like 2...and one of them was a girl who had to go through a lot of anal activity in order to be competitive.

HamDel

New

Post by HamDel » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:31 pm

That's too generous, more like 2...and one of them was a girl who had to go through a lot of anal activity in order to be competitive.
Oh I figured out where you go.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”