Anyone else HATE their school?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
mintypineapple
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:42 pm

Anyone else HATE their school?

Postby mintypineapple » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:55 am

2L here. Just wondering if anyone else out there hates their law school. I'm not talking about the classes or the profs so much, I'm talking about the people. Everyone at my school is EXTREMELY stuck up and not friendly at all. I thought during 1L that they were like that because of the competition and what not. However, returning for 2L it seems they have gotten worse. It is almost unbearable to be there.

User avatar
FeelTheHeat
Posts: 5203
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:32 am

Re: Anyone else HATE their school?

Postby FeelTheHeat » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:04 am

mintypineapple wrote:2L here. Just wondering if anyone else out there hates their law school. I'm not talking about the classes or the profs so much, I'm talking about the people. Everyone at my school is EXTREMELY stuck up and not friendly at all. I thought during 1L that they were like that because of the competition and what not. However, returning for 2L it seems they have gotten worse. It is almost unbearable to be there.


Pretty sure that's the profession you've chose, not your lawl school

4910
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:42 pm

Re: Anyone else HATE their school?

Postby 4910 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:20 am

there has been a couple of douches at my school that have ruined it for me on a few days but for the most part i think it really is the type of ppl who attend law school and especially top law schools.

User avatar
bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate
Posts: 13383
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Anyone else HATE their school?

Postby bjsesq » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:58 am

FeelTheHeat wrote:
mintypineapple wrote:2L here. Just wondering if anyone else out there hates their law school. I'm not talking about the classes or the profs so much, I'm talking about the people. Everyone at my school is EXTREMELY stuck up and not friendly at all. I thought during 1L that they were like that because of the competition and what not. However, returning for 2L it seems they have gotten worse. It is almost unbearable to be there.


Pretty sure that's the profession you've chose, not your lawl school


No.

User avatar
NYC Law
Posts: 1569
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 3:33 pm

Re: Anyone else HATE their school?

Postby NYC Law » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:15 am

What school? You're too new for anyone to know who you are

shoeshine
Posts: 1241
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 10:58 pm

Re: Anyone else HATE their school?

Postby shoeshine » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:27 am

1L here. I am brand new at my school but the people are pretty awesome. I have heard horror stories about ultra competitive environments at law school but 80% of the people at my school are very chill. We still have gunners and pretentious assholes but they are generally the exception and not the rule.

User avatar
tyro
Posts: 648
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:23 am

Re: Anyone else HATE their school?

Postby tyro » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:44 am

mintypineapple wrote:2L here. Just wondering if anyone else out there hates their law school. I'm not talking about the classes or the profs so much, I'm talking about the people. Everyone at my school is EXTREMELY stuck up and not friendly at all. I thought during 1L that they were like that because of the competition and what not. However, returning for 2L it seems they have gotten worse. It is almost unbearable to be there.

I mean alternatively it could just be a regional thing. Some regions are known for having a reserved kind of vibe. Are you from the area that you are now going to school?

User avatar
snailio
Posts: 209
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:40 am

Re: Anyone else HATE their school?

Postby snailio » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:33 am

Pffffft!

wait until your 3L year when classmates develop the combo vacant stare/lazy eye syndrome, due to no jerb.

Very spooky.

User avatar
reasonable_man
Posts: 2200
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:41 pm

Re: Anyone else HATE their school?

Postby reasonable_man » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:11 am

If you think people are bad now, wait till you start interacting with other lawyers. Some are ok. Most are not. I probably hate about 40% (or more), of the lawyers I meet.

User avatar
Hippononymous
Posts: 292
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:11 pm

Re: Anyone else HATE their school?

Postby Hippononymous » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:22 am

reasonable_man wrote:If you think people are bad now, wait till you start interacting with other lawyers. Some are ok. Most are not. I probably hate about 40% (or more), of the lawyers I meet.

That's interesting, because I probably hate about 60% (or more) of the people I meet.

User avatar
reasonable_man
Posts: 2200
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:41 pm

Re: Anyone else HATE their school?

Postby reasonable_man » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:26 am

Hippononymous wrote:
reasonable_man wrote:If you think people are bad now, wait till you start interacting with other lawyers. Some are ok. Most are not. I probably hate about 40% (or more), of the lawyers I meet.

That's interesting, because I probably hate about 60% (or more) of the people I meet.


I could be low at 40%... Its before 9am, so no one has pissed me off yet.. By noon, my numbers could be different..

Peg
Posts: 331
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:32 am

Re: Anyone else HATE their school?

Postby Peg » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:27 am

Yeah, which school is this, out of curiosity? Because my T25 law school is nothing like that, and I'm thinking you are probably at a T10 school.

You won't reveal your identity if you name your school, as long as you're careful about what you post in the future.

User avatar
maxm2764
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 6:12 pm

Re: Anyone else HATE their school?

Postby maxm2764 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:31 am

Peg wrote:Yeah, which school is this, out of curiosity? Because my T25 law school is nothing like that, and I'm thinking you are probably at a T10 school.

You won't reveal your identity if you name your school, as long as you're careful about what you post in the future.


Lulz.

User avatar
kurla88
Posts: 370
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:27 am

Re: Anyone else HATE their school?

Postby kurla88 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:35 am

mintypineapple wrote:2L here. Just wondering if anyone else out there hates their law school. I'm not talking about the classes or the profs so much, I'm talking about the people. Everyone at my school is EXTREMELY stuck up and not friendly at all. I thought during 1L that they were like that because of the competition and what not. However, returning for 2L it seems they have gotten worse. It is almost unbearable to be there.


1L might seem to be more competitive, but once your fellow 2Ls realize that you're literally what's stopping them from paying off 6 figure debt... the real fun starts.

OCI is a stressful time of year. Maybe things will calm down a bit in a couple of months?

User avatar
kwais
Posts: 1683
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: Anyone else HATE their school?

Postby kwais » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:51 am

Peg wrote:Yeah, which school is this, out of curiosity? Because my T25 law school is nothing like that, and I'm thinking you are probably at a T10 school.

You won't reveal your identity if you name your school, as long as you're careful about what you post in the future.


I take issue with this. My "T-10" is extremely friendly so far. Wouldn't everyone's "no jerb" cut the other way?

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: Anyone else HATE their school?

Postby Helmholtz » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:53 am

kwais wrote:
Peg wrote:Yeah, which school is this, out of curiosity? Because my T25 law school is nothing like that, and I'm thinking you are probably at a T10 school.

You won't reveal your identity if you name your school, as long as you're careful about what you post in the future.


I take issue with this. My "T-10" is extremely friendly so far. Wouldn't everyone's "no jerb" cut the other way?


+1

If I was at a place like Cardozo, for example, I know that even I, personally, would be more cutthroat than where I am now.

BeenDidThat
Posts: 704
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:18 am

Re: Anyone else HATE their school?

Postby BeenDidThat » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:57 am

If you walk around and think everybody else is a douchebag, you just might be the douchebag.

EDITNOTE: Less in jest, more in the way of helpfulness: I highly doubt everyone is an asshat. Some people probably are, but you might be too unforgiving with your judgments.

Also: what school?

studentofthelaw
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:22 pm

Re: Anyone else HATE their school?

Postby studentofthelaw » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:21 am

I really hated my school. I no longer go there. Yay me! Almost left several times during 1L.

User avatar
Naked Dude
Posts: 746
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:09 pm

Re: Anyone else HATE their school?

Postby Naked Dude » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:07 pm

studentofthelaw wrote:I really hated my school. I no longer go there. Yay me! Almost left several times during 1L.


What school?

User avatar
NYC Law
Posts: 1569
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 3:33 pm

Re: Anyone else HATE their school?

Postby NYC Law » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:10 pm

Fordham's pretty great so far, no one seems like an asshole that I've met.
My guess is OP goes to IU-B or something

User avatar
Naked Dude
Posts: 746
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:09 pm

Re: Anyone else HATE their school?

Postby Naked Dude » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:12 pm

NYC Law wrote:Fordham's pretty great so far, no one seems like an asshole that I've met.
My guess is OP goes to IU-B or something


I've heard good things about Fordham. I'd be pretty happy and upbeat if I were in New York.

studentofthelaw
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:22 pm

Re: Anyone else HATE their school?

Postby studentofthelaw » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:33 pm

Naked Dude wrote:
studentofthelaw wrote:I really hated my school. I no longer go there. Yay me! Almost left several times during 1L.


What school?


It's a TTT as most people call it (pretty disrespectful if you ask me but that's neither here nor there) and I know there are a few ppl from the school on here so I'm not going to go there.

User avatar
NYC Law
Posts: 1569
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 3:33 pm

Re: Anyone else HATE their school?

Postby NYC Law » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:48 pm

studentofthelaw wrote:
Naked Dude wrote:
studentofthelaw wrote:I really hated my school. I no longer go there. Yay me! Almost left several times during 1L.


What school?


It's a TTT as most people call it (pretty disrespectful if you ask me but that's neither here nor there) and I know there are a few ppl from the school on here so I'm not going to go there.


If it's the kind of TTT where 5 people get jobs then I can understand the atmosphere.

User avatar
Noval
Posts: 252
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:33 pm

Re: Anyone else HATE their school?

Postby Noval » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:18 pm

NYC Law wrote:
studentofthelaw wrote:
Naked Dude wrote:
studentofthelaw wrote:I really hated my school. I no longer go there. Yay me! Almost left several times during 1L.


What school?


It's a TTT as most people call it (pretty disrespectful if you ask me but that's neither here nor there) and I know there are a few ppl from the school on here so I'm not going to go there.


If it's the kind of TTT where 5 people get jobs then I can understand the atmosphere.


That's too generous, more like 2...and one of them was a girl who had to go through a lot of anal activity in order to be competitive.

HamDel
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:53 pm

Re: Anyone else HATE their school?

Postby HamDel » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:31 pm

That's too generous, more like 2...and one of them was a girl who had to go through a lot of anal activity in order to be competitive.


Oh I figured out where you go.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Lawl_Schoolz, perfunctory, Pneumonia and 10 guests