Tax or Antitrust (for an Economically Dyslexic Student)

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )

Tax or Antitrust?

Tax
78%
Antitrust
22%

Total votes: 9

traydeuce

Tax or Antitrust (for an Economically Dyslexic Student)

Postby traydeuce » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:23 am

So I have a 3.9 at GULC. I have some shot at finishing summa cum laude so I would like to only get A's from here on out. I suck at anything business-related; Corporations, or at least the part where we briefly delved into accounting methods, completely baffled me. However, I'm just running out of big, substantive courses to take, and I'd kind of like to know something about tax controversy or antitrust. So between the two, I want the one that's not going to trip me up with a ton of business-y, practical stuff, and is as abstract and legal as possible. Which one is that?

Heartford

Re: Tax or Antitrust (for an Economically Dyslexic Student)

Postby Heartford » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:44 pm

traydeuce wrote:So I have a 3.9 at GULC. I have some shot at finishing summa cum laude so I would like to only get A's from here on out. I suck at anything business-related; Corporations, or at least the part where we briefly delved into accounting methods, completely baffled me. However, I'm just running out of big, substantive courses to take, and I'd kind of like to know something about tax controversy or antitrust. So between the two, I want the one that's not going to trip me up with a ton of business-y, practical stuff, and is as abstract and legal as possible. Which one is that?

Tax. Also, are you really going to spend the next 2 years obsessing over hoarding A's? Just take classes that interest you, dude.

traydeuce

Postby traydeuce » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:02 am

Well I'm kind of interested in both, actually. But yeah, I'm at a point where I'm definitely an A-hoarder. Since I really only do poorly at economic stuff in which I'm uninterested, it isn't so much A-hoarding as avoiding securities and a few other things. Though obviously I'd fare badly in a negotiations class.

Oban

Postby Oban » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:58 am

have you taken fed courts yet? If not you should as your GPA is clerkshiptastic

evilxs

Postby evilxs » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:53 pm

If you suck in those topic areas and are wanting to hoard that GPA, do neither one of them. Seriously. Tax would eat you up if you suck at accounting type stuff.

To get the A in those kinds of classes it is more application and if things like accounting methods get a little confusing, it won't get better enough for you to nail that A.

Play it safe and cruise out of law school. Those classes aren't necessary for your goals.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”