2L Supplements Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
interalia504

New

2L Supplements

Post by interalia504 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:28 pm

I will be taking Labor Law, Copyright Law and Corporations. Anyone have suggestions for supplements. (If any of these are discussed elsewhere, my apologies).

interalia504

New

Re: 2L Supplements

Post by interalia504 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:00 pm

Bump

zeth006

Silver

Post by zeth006 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:21 pm

Interested in one for Corporations.

morris248

Bronze

Post by morris248 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:52 pm

Nutshell Labor Law

Nutshell Copyright

Examples & Explanations Corporations

Nutshells by West do not focus on particular cases but there are a huge number for the narrow specialties. I do not particularly like them but that is just a personal preference.

interalia504

New

Post by interalia504 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:40 pm

Thanks Morris! Any other suggestions! I like getting a handful and seeing what I like throughout the semester. Thanks

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

smokyroom26

Bronze

Post by smokyroom26 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:08 pm

Business Associations?

interalia504

New

Post by interalia504 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:02 am

Yes. Business Associations.

morris248

Bronze

Post by morris248 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:28 am

Other than the E&E on Agency, Partnerships & LLC, probably "Acing Business Associations" for around 30.00

Acing Business Associations

moandersen

Silver

Post by moandersen » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:33 pm

Can someone explain the difference between the Agency E&E and the Corporations E&E? Same material, but two different authors? Our school calls the class "Business Organizations" so all these different names for what I think is the same class has me somewhat confused.

Also, E&E recommended for federal tax? What about Crim Pro?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

quiver

Silver

Post by quiver » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:04 am

moandersen wrote:Can someone explain the difference between the Agency E&E and the Corporations E&E? Same material, but two different authors? Our school calls the class "Business Organizations" so all these different names for what I think is the same class has me somewhat confused.
I'll second this question. Does Business Organizations = Business Associations = Corporations?

morris248

Bronze

Post by morris248 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:45 pm

You need to look at your specific course description as it can vary somewhat. Here is a typical business orgs description

This course examines how businesses are organized in the United States and the variety of legal regulations they face. It considers the different forms of business organizations, including sole proprietorships, general and limited partnerships, limited liability companies, and the various forms of incorporated business enterprises, with the goal of establishing which form of organization is best suited for a variety of business goals. The course emphasizes the rights and obligations of the various parties in the business relationship, employees, promoters, partners, and corporate officers, directors, investors, and stockholders, as well as their attorneys.

The Agency E&E is very good and what you need for that section of a Business Orgs class but the E&E Corporations is pretty dense. I would consider the Crunchtime Corporations instead. The professor's syllabus will give you a good guide of what to expect.

CRUNCHTIME CORPORATIONS

Briney Spring Gun

New

Post by Briney Spring Gun » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:13 pm

Based on this course description for my Corporations class, which E&E should I get?

This course examines formation and organization of corporations; financing the corporation; purposes and powers (ultra vires doctrine); transfer of shares (restriction of transfers; Article 8 U.C.C.); distribution of powers between shareholders and directors; some important aspects of the Securities Act of 1933, Securities Exchange Act of 1934; sale of controlling interest; derivative actions; preemptive rights; voting rights; dividends and distributions, organic changes; and dissolutions and liquidations.

timmyd

Bronze

Post by timmyd » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:25 pm

To the above poster:
E&E on corps is great, every thing in your course description is covered extensively in the book. I used it heavily and got one of the highest grades in BA class, which was about 2/3rds corps. The E&E for agency, partnerships, and LLC's is good for a BA class that covers LLPs, LLCs, LPs, and general partnerships. It probably goes a little more in depth than a BA class will go, but I am a huge proponent of getting an E&E for generally every class unless the teacher says otherwise.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

timmyd

Bronze

Post by timmyd » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:29 pm

Also, and you will learn this on the first day of class, BA does not equal corps. A corp is a specific type of BA. Partnership law relies on agency law alot so thats why agency becomes a big deal.

Briney Spring Gun

New

Post by Briney Spring Gun » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:58 pm

timmyd wrote:To the above poster:
E&E on corps is great, every thing in your course description is covered extensively in the book. I used it heavily and got one of the highest grades in BA class, which was about 2/3rds corps. The E&E for agency, partnerships, and LLC's is good for a BA class that covers LLPs, LLCs, LPs, and general partnerships. It probably goes a little more in depth than a BA class will go, but I am a huge proponent of getting an E&E for generally every class unless the teacher says otherwise.
Awesome, thanks timmy!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”