Dictation software for mac?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
cofc2008

Dictation software for mac?

Postby cofc2008 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:39 am

A couple of things really:

1. What are some good programs (worth the cost of buying, effectiveness, bugs or glitches, etc)?

2. Assuming it is allowed (maybe wishful thinking...idk), is it a good idea? I've heard some people suggesting that paying more attention to the professor and a little less to writing stuff down is the way to go. The basic argument is that you grasp the big picture and can really tell when a professor is giving clues at what's important. I am not sure though. Obviously I wouldn't just let it record the notes and not look at them. It would involve actively listening and marking points of emphasis as the class progressed. Reviewing the notes after class would also become a priority because they need to be committed to memory to a certain extent when the writing or typing process doesn't do this during class. There are multiple ways to look at this and I'd like to flesh some of those out and get some solid opinions.

Thoughts?

BTW: I did a basic search for dictation in threads and didn't find a substantial amount of info. However, if I missed some thread that already discusses this, feel free to call me out and post a link to the other one.

Verity

Re: Dictation software for mac?

Postby Verity » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:22 am

OBNOXIOUS TROLLING REDACTED BY MODS

cofc2008

Re: Dictation software for mac?

Postby cofc2008 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:31 am

So is that like a no, or a "go fuck yourself?"

Edit: Ahhhh ... I think this is some kind of Shammi Kapoor reference. maybe?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”