Finals Schedule, Is this too crazy?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
missinglink

Finals Schedule, Is this too crazy?

Postby missinglink » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:05 pm

I was looking at my finals schedule again. I had already been aware of what it was, but all of these classes are courses that I need and want to take.

That said, it seems like I might be inviting disaster. Each final is your typical 3-4 hour final as far as I know. Assuming that I keep the schedule as is, what's the best way deal with it? Has anyone successfully managed this kind of finals schedule?

Monday (final)
Tuesday
Wednesday (final)
Thursday
Friday (final)
Saturday/Sunday
Monday
Tuesday (final)

GeePee

Re: Finals Schedule, Is this too crazy?

Postby GeePee » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:07 pm

I mean, that looks like a typical 1L finals schedule. If 1L's all across the country can handle it, you probably can, too.

Lawl Shcool

Postby Lawl Shcool » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:15 pm

GeePee wrote:I mean, that looks like a typical 1L finals schedule. If 1L's all across the country can handle it, you probably can, too.

Hmm?

a) I don't think OP is a 1L since it seems like he is choosing his classes, see "need and want to take" language.

b) Neither semester 1L did my finals schedule look anything like that. We always had at least 2 (and mostly 3) days between finals.

OP - I don't think its too crazy, you just need to be on top of everything going into the last 2 weeks of finals prep, i.e. have outlines done and partially memorized and some practice tests under your belt with more ready for the in between test days.

missinglink

Postby missinglink » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:17 pm

For clarification, it's a 2L finals schedule. I'm a transfer too, so I'm rebuilding my GPA from scratch.

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:53 pm

depends on the classes doesn't it

if it's admin law, fed courts, crim pro, and evidence then you're probably fucked

GeePee

Postby GeePee » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:14 pm

Lawl Shcool wrote:
GeePee wrote:I mean, that looks like a typical 1L finals schedule. If 1L's all across the country can handle it, you probably can, too.

Hmm?

a) I don't think OP is a 1L since it seems like he is choosing his classes, see "need and want to take" language.

b) Neither semester 1L did my finals schedule look anything like that. We always had at least 2 (and mostly 3) days between finals.

OP - I don't think its too crazy, you just need to be on top of everything going into the last 2 weeks of finals prep, i.e. have outlines done and partially memorized and some practice tests under your belt with more ready for the in between test days.

I understand he's not a 1L, but my point is that people deal with those types of schedules for finals all the time. OP has no back-to-back finals, which are the ones that provide the danger of burnout. I think he should be be.

evilxs

Postby evilxs » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:45 pm

I would not with my fall schedule, crim pro, evidence, etc. What classes are you attempting?

My 1L schedule was never more than 2 finals in one week.

I would seriously re-think that Friday or Wednesday final. Then it will be easier to handle and rock your grades.

missinglink

Postby missinglink » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:15 pm

Finance/Accounting, Business Associations, Tax, and Evidence (in that order).

My 1L finals schedule had a week in between each final. That was pretty sweet for finals prep.

YourCaptain

Postby YourCaptain » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:46 pm

Too much? Are you kidding?

My 1L 2nd semester finals schedule had an exam, rest day, two exams back to back, two more rest days, and then a final.

Your schedule is clearly manageable unless it's Fed Courts, Antitrust, Fed Tax, and Trademarks, and even then maybe doable.

evilxs

Postby evilxs » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:38 pm

One day in between to prepare for business associations and federal income tax is going to be brutal. Evidence following shortly afterwards will bring the suck.

I would definitely worry. If you have any background in business it will be easier, and indeed doable. I have an accounting BS and finance MBA and still would hate that schedule. :lol:

If you know from your past experience that you are able to go into finals week 100% ready for the exams then go for it.
If you prepare till the last second this could be a recipe for disaster.

missinglink

Postby missinglink » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:09 am

Having a week in between finals 1L year definitely made things easier.

I've never gone into the finals period fully prepared. I suppose I'll have to work at it to be on the ball leading up to finals if I keep this schedule.

missinglink

Postby missinglink » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:05 pm

Replacing Tax with Federal Courts.

Wish me luck gents, I'm going in.

GeePee

Postby GeePee » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:09 pm

missinglink wrote:Replacing Tax with Federal Courts.

Wish me luck gents, I'm going in.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”