Woman goes into Labor during Bar Exam

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
aria mariN

Woman goes into Labor during Bar Exam

Postby aria mariN » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:32 am

The bar exam is meant to be difficult.I heard about this very inspiring news. For Elana Nightingale Dawson, however, the labor was rather distinct. The 29-year-old on the fast track to turning into a star litigator started to have the baby as she started the final part of the Illinois bar test. Demonstrating the sort of inner strength it takes to be a mom, Dawson performed breathing exercises through the painful contractions, finished the test, and then gave birth to her child via Caesarian part less than two hours later. I found this here: Illinois woman goes into labor during bar exam. Remarkably, the recent grad actually finished the bar, despite being in 'active' labor during the exam, and gave birth to a healthy baby boy two hours later.

schooner

Re: Woman goes into Labor during Bar Exam

Postby schooner » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:43 am

clarkdavis wrote:The bar exam is meant to be difficult.I heard about this very inspiring news. For Elana Nightingale Dawson, however, the labor was rather distinct. The 29-year-old on the fast track to turning into a star litigator started to have the baby as she started the final part of the Illinois bar test. Demonstrating the sort of inner strength it takes to be a mom, Dawson performed breathing exercises through the painful contractions, finished the test, and then gave birth to her child via Caesarian part less than two hours later. I found this here: Illinois woman goes into labor during bar exam. Remarkably, the recent grad actually finished the bar, despite being in 'active' labor during the exam, and gave birth to a healthy baby boy two hours later.

Unfortunate that this was probably very distracting for the other students.

berkeleykel06

Re: Woman goes into Labor during Bar Exam

Postby berkeleykel06 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:57 am

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”