PLEASE THOSE WHO ARE/WERE GREAT AT 1L CONTRACTS. PLEASE HELP

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
goodolgil

Re: PLEASE THOSE WHO ARE/WERE GREAT AT 1L CONTRACTS. PLEASE HELP

Postby goodolgil » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:52 pm

Ineedhelpplease wrote:Thanks man...

You're in trouble...

Ineedhelpplease

Postby Ineedhelpplease » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:02 pm

:cry:

Manash

Postby Manash » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:21 pm

why doesn't a mod just delete the thread?

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:54 pm

Manash wrote:why doesn't a mod just delete the thread?

Because then people would get the incorrect idea that we delete threads to clean up your mistakes.

nymario

Postby nymario » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:28 am

NYC Law wrote:I'm disappointed no one has found the professor's email address yet.

He is the president of CALI (http://www.cali.org/content/cali-board-directors)

Bronx Bum

Postby Bronx Bum » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:38 am

LOLWUT?

This isn't cheating at all. What kind of people seek out the professor's email address for somthing like this? Let me guess...did you guys get beat up in H.S.? The Professor would laugh if you emailed him. People use old outlines, other people's ideas, etc. all the time in L.S.

schooner

Postby schooner » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:41 am

Don't ruin the OP's life.

TLS is for tough love, teasing, and making people cry, not destroying people's futures. And as several posters are arguing here, the exam hasn't started yet.

sjedood

Postby sjedood » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:42 am

nymario wrote:
NYC Law wrote:I'm disappointed no one has found the professor's email address yet.

how do you people know that the OP is a Cardozo latina May student and the Professor is Burnham???

Bronx Bum

Postby Bronx Bum » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:47 am

schooner wrote:Don't ruin the OP's life.

TLS is for tough love, teasing, and making people cry, not destroying people's futures. And as several posters are arguing here, the exam hasn't started yet.

This wouldn't destroy anyone's life. If anything, the person would look like a fool for reporting him. He's not doing anything wrong.

Ineedhelpplease

Postby Ineedhelpplease » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:20 am

Trust me I dont think the OP gives 2 shits

Cupidity

Postby Cupidity » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:25 am

Ineedhelpplease wrote:Trust me I dont think the OP gives 2 shits

See Skeptical Hippo Meme supra p. 1

Credited. See OP's Post infa p. 2, ¶15
Last edited by Cupidity on Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ineedhelpplease

Postby Ineedhelpplease » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:31 am

nymario wrote:

I pretty much ignored the subject because it veered off my original post; but when I see dick heads likes this it really pisses me off because I wish I could grab you and beat the snot out you for being such a nerd.

Mickey Quicknumbers

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:04 am

This thread was painful to read.

dailygrind

Postby dailygrind » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:40 pm

Why are you even checking this thread? Don't you have a final today or something?

nymario

Postby nymario » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:53 pm

dailygrind wrote:Why are you even checking this thread? Don't you have a final today or something?

he has ten more days to canvas the internet.

wiseowl

Postby wiseowl » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:25 pm

so many things about this thread just encapsulate the TLS wasteland.

skamike

Postby skamike » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:43 am

this thread is hopeless.

Professor tells students what the exam is going to be based on. Students talk among themselves. How is discussing on the internet any different? No professor is going to say: "Exam is based on Case X...DON'T YOU DARE TALK ABOUT IT!"

NotMyRealName09

Postby NotMyRealName09 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:16 pm

You know, my initial reaction was "CHEATING," but no, its not.

He didn't say "here's my take home exam, what issues do you see?" What OP did was no different than had he been in a study group with his classmates pre-exam. He said his professor cited a significant case on which the exam will be derived.

Don't worry, OP, you are fine. No, I'm not going to help because I don't care, but you didn't violate the honor code by asking for study advice.

This place really is full of d-bags though.

Postby 03121202698008 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:39 pm

NotMyRealName09 wrote:You know, my initial reaction was "CHEATING," but no, its not.

He didn't say "here's my take home exam, what issues do you see?" What OP did was no different than had he been in a study group with his classmates pre-exam. He said his professor cited a significant case on which the exam will be derived.

Don't worry, OP, you are fine. No, I'm not going to help because I don't care, but you didn't violate the honor code by asking for study advice.

Are you high? He didn't ask for study advice. He asked for opinion and issues he didn't spot. On an issuer spotter, that's pretty damn close to the answers. While this may or may not fit within the definition of passing off another's work as yours if he reused your opinion/analysis, it definitely was not study advice.

vamedic03

Postby vamedic03 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:38 pm

blowhard wrote:
NotMyRealName09 wrote:You know, my initial reaction was "CHEATING," but no, its not.

Are you high? He didn't ask for study advice. He asked for opinion and issues he didn't spot. On an issuer spotter, that's pretty damn close to the answers. While this may or may not fit within the definition of passing off another's work as yours if he reused your opinion/analysis, it definitely was not study advice.

Stop digging the whole deeper. OP was not cheating nor was there any reasonable way for it to be interpreted as cheating.

goodolgil

Postby goodolgil » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:16 pm

blowhard wrote:

Yeah, this might make sense if he was actually given the "issue spotter" you're referring to.

schooner

Postby schooner » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:41 pm

More than 2 days have passed since the OP's 1st post. How did you do?

Bronx Bum

Postby Bronx Bum » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:54 am

blowhard wrote:

Oh, what a scholar!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”