BARBRI Bar Prep: A dissenting view

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
studebaker07

Re: BARBRI Bar Prep: A dissenting view

Postby studebaker07 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:41 pm

I'm doing Ameribar and am happy with the choice. Audio lectures, organized outlines that are extremely thorough, a book of questions for the MEE, MBE, and MPT with model answers and explanations for each. And unlimited essay critiques.

I feel like I am being prepared thoroughly and I only had to pay about $950 (special student discount). If you can be diligent, disciplined, and focused, I think a study-at-home bar prep course can be just as good as Bar Bri.

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:44 pm

studebaker07 wrote:I'm doing Ameribar and am happy with the choice. Audio lectures, organized outlines that are extremely thorough, a book of questions for the MEE, MBE, and MPT with model answers and explanations for each. And unlimited essay critiques.

I feel like I am being prepared thoroughly and I only had to pay about $950 (special student discount). If you can be diligent, disciplined, and focused, I think a study-at-home bar prep course can be just as good as Bar Bri.

Lol, that's all I do is "study at home" and I paid for Barbri. I've only been to one class. I realized that it was the same recording as on the website and have never been back.

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:12 am

f7 wrote:
A'nold wrote:
studebaker07 wrote:I'm doing Ameribar and am happy with the choice. Audio lectures, organized outlines that are extremely thorough, a book of questions for the MEE, MBE, and MPT with model answers and explanations for each. And unlimited essay critiques.

Lol, that's all I do is "study at home" and I paid for Barbri. I've only been to one class. I realized that it was the same recording as on the website and have never been back.

That's why there is only one "live" location in a given area.

Could have chosen that option but what would be the point of driving all the way to UW (about an hour away) just to watch "live" what I could watch on my couch?

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:19 am

A'nold wrote:
f7 wrote:
A'nold wrote:
studebaker07 wrote:That's why there is only one "live" location in a given area.

Could have chosen that option but what would be the point of driving all the way to UW (about an hour away) just to watch "live" what I could watch on my couch?

Yeah ... that wasn't my point.

You posted after what I said with "that's why there is only one 'live' location in a given area.'" I had to guess at what you meant. :)

tempclient99

Postby tempclient99 » Thu May 23, 2013 4:08 pm

Speaking of Barbri does anyone have the Crimpro and NY Crim notes

blueenigma

Postby blueenigma » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:02 pm

@NotMyRealName09: You've wasted much typing essentially bolstering the Original Posters point! His argument is that BarBri is, in essence, unescessary and that the same can be accomplished with more efficient study aids and study habits. You argue that one should not skimp when it comes to the Bar and that BarBri's price is justified, yet you go on to list a litany of things one can carve out of BarBri's program and still pass the bar! The Originl Poster is sayin precisely that! BarBri is exorbitantly priced, does not make efficient use of the materials, and the same can likely be accomplished by using a more reasonably priced program. You confirm that you never have to go to the BarBri classes, can use less than a third of the books BarBri provides, can stay at home and watch the lectures, whilst with the same fingers support paying top dollar for a program that is, by your own account, for the most part useless! Mercy, I do hope that you didn't go into defense law.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”