Has anyone taken the OMNI PREP course for the PATENT BAR? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
ENGINEERD

Bronze

Has anyone taken the OMNI PREP course for the PATENT BAR?

Post by ENGINEERD » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:40 pm

So I am almost done with omni's prep course and I am trying to figure out whether or not I am actually prepared to take the patent bar. I am consistently passing the 2000-2003 exams but I am not convinced that this means I am ready. If you used Omni prep and passed the pat bar, can you tell me if you did any additional prep or were you able to pass with just the Omni prep??? I am worried that the questions in the 2000-2003 exams are old and the new exams will have all new questions that I have not seen. I think I have a pretty good grasp on the material but I fear I am only doing so well on the 2000-2003 tests because I have memorized the questions. Any insight would help... Thanks

yuzu

Bronze

Re: Has anyone taken the OMNI PREP course for the PATENT BAR?

Post by yuzu » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:02 pm

I took PLI and not OmniPrep, but I think the old exams (I assume 2000-2003) were by far the most important part of the prep, and it seemed like a lot of the trickier questions were repeated. I think you're probably OK, and in any case there's not much more useful prep to do.

The other questions that came with PLI were not nearly as useful.

Only other suggestion is to make sure you're familiar enough with the layout of the pdf-format MPEP to look things up.

vb007

New

Re: Has anyone taken the OMNI PREP course for the PATENT BAR?

Post by vb007 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:19 pm

I did omniprep and passed on my first try in June 2009. Didn't do anything outside of omniprep.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”