Have you ever successfully winged a case you didn't read?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Saizeriya

Have you ever successfully winged a case you didn't read?

Postby Saizeriya » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:28 pm

One time in my Evidence class... I got called on to do a case... AND I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WHAT CASE WE WERE ON.

This is how it went down...

PROFESSOR: Saizeriya, do you agree with the Court's ruling?

MY HEAD: [[HOLY **** I WAS COMPLETELY SPACING OUT, AND DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT CASE WE ARE ON... AND EVEN IF YOU TOLD ME IT WOULDN'T DO ANY GOOD BECAUSE I DIDN'T EVEN READ!!!]]

WHAT I SAID: Yes... I agree with the court's ruling [I figured that if I said "no", he would definitely ask me why]

PROFESSOR: Okay, explain why you think the court shouldn't have required the photographer to take the stand.

MY HEAD: [[****, HE IS ASKING ME TO ELABORATE...]]

At this point, I glance over to my syllabus to see what today's topic of discussion is about. It says it is about "Authentification". Before reading on, try to formulate your own response with only the limtied knowledge that you have at hand, and see if it was as nice as my answer.

WHAT I SAID: Because you don't necessarily need the photographer to take the stand in order to authenticate the photograph. You can accomplish it by other means. (At this point I'm starting to sweat because I don't even know if what I'm saying is even relevant to what the case was about)

PROFESSOR: That is absolutely correct! Thank you.

After class people tell me I did a great job on call. I am so excited that I have to pleasure myself when I get back to my apartment.

Top that. I'm not saying I'm a master bull**** artist... because trust me... I'M NOT. But you have to admit that was suave.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”