E-textbooks? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
mis11

New

E-textbooks?

Post by mis11 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:18 pm

Are most law textbooks available as e-books? I was thinking about buying a tablet for reading and note taking for law school. I prefer reading things electronically and I would hate to have to lug all my heavy books around to study. But if there aren't many e-book versions of the textbooks, I may not bother with the tablet.

kalvano

Diamond

Re: E-textbooks?

Post by kalvano » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:36 pm

This has been covered a lot.

No, there aren't many available, and it's a bad idea anyway.

nymario

Bronze

Post by nymario » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:43 am

Dukeminier's Property has one. You get a code good for a one-year license when you buy the book. But it can only be read on Adobe Digital Editions, which is notoriously bad about portability. I can't get it to work on my ipad (tried like 4 different apps that claimed to be able to do it). However, it is still valuable to me, since I never carried that one home -- just read it online. Always lightened my load. Also may be worth splitting it paper/ebook with a classmate (if you're going to have a closed book exam, or if you can check one out for an open book final).

I'm not a big highlighter/note-in-book kind of student, so this naturally doesn't apply to everyone.

mis11

New

Post by mis11 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:48 pm

Thanks! It's too bad there aren't more available.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”