Do LS students date as much as one did in undergrad??

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
stratocophic

Re: Do LS students date as much as one did in undergrad??

Postby stratocophic » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:07 am

chimp wrote:
merc280 wrote:not many super good looking lawyers people in general.

That's more like it.
Just missing one last thing.

Postby 09042014 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:38 am

dresden doll wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
GamblingLaw wrote:Just curious, but do men willfully want to procreate with law school female students? It seems your seed would be going to a good place generally.

I don't see why any man would prefer it. They are less attractive than average women, have tons of debt, and are weird.

No.

I was imprecise in my language. They are on average less hot than other women on average. There is a reason "law school hot" exists.

Bumi

Postby Bumi » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:14 am

As an incoming male 1L at NU, this thread is incredibly depressing. I read the whole thing in terror last night, and this morning I'm very disappointed to realize that it wasn't a nightmare.

IAFG wrote:But I don't know a SINGLE straight male 1L who dated a non-law student during 1L (unless he started dating her before school). That seems to suggest the pretty young things of Chicago aren't interested in dating male law students.

The admissions interviews for incoming students involve candlelight and wine now. They said something about "improving our stats," but I wasn't sure what that meant so I just went with it.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:27 am

Bumi, time to post pics

BriaTharen

Postby BriaTharen » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:45 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
dresden doll wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
GamblingLaw wrote:Just curious, but do men willfully want to procreate with law school female students? It seems your seed would be going to a good place generally.

I don't see why any man would prefer it. They are less attractive than average women, have tons of debt, and are weird.

No.

I was imprecise in my language. They are on average less hot than other women on average. There is a reason "law school hot" exists.

Dude, that must be at T14. Girls around here are ridiculous. At best I am a 3 around here (then again I was only a 5.5-6 on your scale).

Thirteen

Postby Thirteen » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:46 pm

BriaTharen wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:I was imprecise in my language. They are on average less hot than other women on average. There is a reason "law school hot" exists.

Dude, that must be at T14. Girls around here are ridiculous. At best I am a 3 around here (then again I was only a 5.5-6 on your scale).

Lies. You look good.

The girls at SMU are hot, but the guys are hotter (pause).

dresden doll

Postby dresden doll » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:49 pm

Desert Fox wrote:There is a reason "law school hot" exists.

That reason being the fact that people sometimes enjoy stupid jokes. On average, LS girls take far better care of themselves than your average woman.

Thirteen

Postby Thirteen » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:56 pm

dresden doll wrote:

That reason being the fact that people sometimes enjoy stupid jokes. On average, LS girls take far better care of themselves than your average woman.

Girls at bars look better than girls in class.

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:43 pm

dresden doll wrote:

Than your average major city early-to-mid-20s girl? Strongly disagree, especially during 1L. I would guess the girls in my section gained an average of 15 lbs a piece, and there was many an unwaxed eyebrow and un-mascara'd eye after the first 3 weeks or so. The difference between orientation and later in the semester was terrifying.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:44 pm

No need to focus on girls - law school guys are less hot on average, too.

Postby 09042014 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:07 pm

The distribution of attractive law school girls is far more clumped towards average than regular girls. There aren't a lot of really fat ones. But a lot of chubby, esp like IAFG said, after they get their 1L 15lbs. But there also aren't very many truly hot ones either.

They are like

8 -.5%
7-4.5%
6- 15%
5 - 30%
4 -50%
3-20%
2-5%

dresden doll

Postby dresden doll » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:13 pm

IAFG wrote:
dresden doll wrote:

Than your average major city early-to-mid-20s girl? Strongly disagree, especially during 1L. I would guess the girls in my section gained an average of 15 lbs a piece, and there was many an unwaxed eyebrow and un-mascara'd eye after the first 3 weeks or so. The difference between orientation and later in the semester was terrifying.

Everyone drops the ball at some point or another. i'm sure all those girls got back into shape and waxed what they needed to once 1L ended.

At my school, working out is the norm. I've never known working out to be the norm among average women, particularly as far as Midwest goes.

dresden doll

Postby dresden doll » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:15 pm

Thirteen wrote:
dresden doll wrote:

Girls at bars look better than girls in class.

that's saying nothing.

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:17 pm

dresden doll wrote:
Everyone drops the ball at some point or another. i'm sure all those girls got back into shape and waxed what they needed to once 1L ended.

At my school, working out is the norm. I've never known working out to be the norm among average women, particularly as far as Midwest goes.

Among my "real world" Chicago friends, working out is definitely the norm, and they generally are more shallow and vain than LS girls. Not the case in smaller Midwestern cities though, I'll admit.

dresden doll

Postby dresden doll » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:21 pm

IAFG wrote:
dresden doll wrote:

Among my "real world" Chicago friends, working out is definitely the norm, and they generally are more shallow and vain than LS girls. Not the case in smaller Midwestern cities though, I'll admit.

I've just realized that I'd definitely be willing to concede that the average NY woman looks better than the average LS girl so our disagreement may well be rooted in geography.

TheKingintheNorth

Postby TheKingintheNorth » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:36 pm

I guess I can't blame anyone for the discussion turning in a matter of posts to "dating law students," but the question really had very little to do with that. Of course "Will I have enough time to date in law schools" is a dumb question too. Of course you fucking will. If you, for some reason, have the egregiously anti-social combination of gunner study habits, a slow (or "detailed" as they say) mind, and unrealistic goals beyond your abilities, then you probably aren't concerned with dating enough to even ask this question in the first place.
Last edited by TheKingintheNorth on Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thirteen

Postby Thirteen » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:41 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:No need to focus on girls - law school guys are less hot on average, too.

Agreed 1000%

northwood

Postby northwood » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:19 pm

at least i wont be the only uggo then.

BriaTharen

Postby BriaTharen » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:20 pm

Thirteen wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:No need to focus on girls - law school guys are less hot on average, too.

Agreed 1000%

Definitely. There is a ridiculous amount of frat guys in LS.

Bumi

Postby Bumi » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:03 am

Holly Golightly wrote:Bumi, time to post pics

Don't get excited. The only NU median I'm improving by my presence is the LSAT. I date a lot, but it's 99% bid strategy and 1% stats and interview. Apparently I won't be dating much after I move to Chicago, though.

bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate

Postby bjsesq » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:49 am

Bumi wrote:

Don't get excited. The only NU median I'm improving by my presence is the LSAT. I date a lot, but it's 99% bid strategy and 1% stats and interview. Apparently I won't be dating much after I move to Chicago, though.

Wait, what? Why?

Postby 09042014 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:29 pm

Bumi wrote:

When my GF dumps me for getting strike out pwnd, me you and BooJS can troll the UIC bars for ladies.

Verity

Postby Verity » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:41 pm

Desert Fox wrote:The distribution of attractive law school girls is far more clumped towards average than regular girls. There aren't a lot of really fat ones. But a lot of chubby, esp like IAFG said, after they get their 1L 15lbs. But there also aren't very many truly hot ones either.

They are like

8 -.5%
7-4.5%
6- 15%
5 - 30%
4 -50%
3-20%
2-5%

Not exactly bubble for days...

Bumi

Postby Bumi » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:08 pm

bjsesq wrote:
Bumi wrote:Apparently I won't be dating much after I move to Chicago, though.

Wait, what? Why?

IAFG wrote:the pretty young things of Chicago aren't interested in dating male law students.

bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate

Postby bjsesq » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:11 pm

Bumi wrote:
bjsesq wrote:
Bumi wrote:Apparently I won't be dating much after I move to Chicago, though.

Wait, what? Why?

IAFG wrote:the pretty young things of Chicago aren't interested in dating male law students.

That's because those students are doing it wrong. Up your game, hoss.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”