Do LS students date as much as one did in undergrad??

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
InLikeFlint
Posts: 132
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:58 pm

Re: Do LS students date as much as one did in undergrad??

Postby InLikeFlint » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:35 pm

IAFG wrote:
InLikeFlint wrote:
You've seemed quite mad throughout this thread. Why?

Ehhh I guess I just get annoyed with optimistic speculation, especially when it's inconsistent with my experience.[/quote]

You think your experience might be due to going to a LS that generally attracts nerdier students?

User avatar
rayiner
Posts: 6184
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Do LS students date as much as one did in undergrad??

Postby rayiner » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:35 pm

IAFG wrote:
BigBlueLaw wrote:
IAFG wrote:My peers, assuming you mean law girls, are willing to date law students on the DL which means pretty much no real "dates." But I don't know a SINGLE straight male 1L who dated a non-law student during 1L (unless he started dating her before school). That seems to suggest the pretty young things of Chicago aren't interested in dating male law students.

I know a handful of LS girls who did, and IMO they were generally the cream of the crop, looks and personalitywise.

I don't think that had anything to do with the fact that they are law school students or how they may or may not date. I would say it has more to do with their game, personality, humor and general lazyness towards going outside their zone. I don't really know anyone in LS in Chicago, but I highly doubt going up to an UG or any random chick and telling them you go to law school excites them or has them running in the opposite direction. Whenever I meet a girl, law school, my job and her job are mentioned for no more than 5 minutes of the conversation.

I would say you're quite right: law students haven't proven to have a lot of game. I suppose, though, since this is TLS, everyone ITT is going to be in the top 10% of their class while with nurses and teachers.


As someone who goes to NU as well, she's just stating facts. There are maybe 10-15% of law guys who can land the hot nurses next door. Some are tall, good-looking, and suave, others have parents with money, and others are fratty and athletic (which plays well in the midwest). But your average law nerd? No. They date other law students because only law girls are willing to put up with their particular mix of mediocre looks and lack of athleticism and game.

User avatar
rayiner
Posts: 6184
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Do LS students date as much as one did in undergrad??

Postby rayiner » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:37 pm

InLikeFlint wrote:
IAFG wrote:
InLikeFlint wrote:
You've seemed quite mad throughout this thread. Why?

Ehhh I guess I just get annoyed with optimistic speculation, especially when it's inconsistent with my experience.


You think your experience might be due to going to a LS that generally attracts nerdier students?[/quote]

Compared to? Being in the midwest NU has a disproportionate share of fratty guys, who do pretty well. Taking only people with WE, they also have a disproportionate share of finance/consulting types. It's the straight-through liberal arts majors, who planned to be lawyers from before undergrad that tend to be the nerdiest.

User avatar
BigBlueLaw
Posts: 725
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:46 pm

Re: Do LS students date as much as one did in undergrad??

Postby BigBlueLaw » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:37 pm

IAFG wrote:
InLikeFlint wrote:
You've seemed quite mad throughout this thread. Why?

Ehhh I guess I just get annoyed with optimistic speculation, especially when it's inconsistent with my experience.


You should have came to NY for law school. Our law school guys can play with the best of them. :mrgreen:

BTW, not bragging at all. I've got a friend who is a 4 or 5 at best but pulls in nothing but 8's, guy has some game.

User avatar
rayiner
Posts: 6184
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Do LS students date as much as one did in undergrad??

Postby rayiner » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:39 pm

BigBlueLaw wrote:
IAFG wrote:
InLikeFlint wrote:
You've seemed quite mad throughout this thread. Why?

Ehhh I guess I just get annoyed with optimistic speculation, especially when it's inconsistent with my experience.


You should have came to NY for law school. Our law school guys can play with the best of them. :mrgreen:

BTW, not bragging at all. I've got a friend who is a 4 or 5 at best but pulls in nothing but 8's, guy has some game.


I'd imagine median (game-wise) at NYU gets destroyed by all the finance dudes in town though. At least being a lawyer in Chicago is a respectable profession.
Last edited by rayiner on Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

InLikeFlint
Posts: 132
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:58 pm

Re: Do LS students date as much as one did in undergrad??

Postby InLikeFlint » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:39 pm

rayiner wrote:
IAFG wrote:
BigBlueLaw wrote:
IAFG wrote:My peers, assuming you mean law girls, are willing to date law students on the DL which means pretty much no real "dates." But I don't know a SINGLE straight male 1L who dated a non-law student during 1L (unless he started dating her before school). That seems to suggest the pretty young things of Chicago aren't interested in dating male law students.

I know a handful of LS girls who did, and IMO they were generally the cream of the crop, looks and personalitywise.

I don't think that had anything to do with the fact that they are law school students or how they may or may not date. I would say it has more to do with their game, personality, humor and general lazyness towards going outside their zone. I don't really know anyone in LS in Chicago, but I highly doubt going up to an UG or any random chick and telling them you go to law school excites them or has them running in the opposite direction. Whenever I meet a girl, law school, my job and her job are mentioned for no more than 5 minutes of the conversation.

I would say you're quite right: law students haven't proven to have a lot of game. I suppose, though, since this is TLS, everyone ITT is going to be in the top 10% of their class while with nurses and teachers.


As someone who goes to NU as well, she's just stating facts. There are maybe 10-15% of law guys who can land the hot nurses next door. Some are tall, good-looking, and suave, others have parents with money, and others are fratty and athletic (which plays well in the midwest). But your average law nerd? No. They date other law students because only law girls are willing to put up with their particular mix of mediocre looks and lack of athleticism and game.


It's not like every girl in UG is a complete dime. I really think law guys only dating within LS is due in large part to being lazy and getting too sucked into their own law school experience.

User avatar
rayiner
Posts: 6184
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Do LS students date as much as one did in undergrad??

Postby rayiner » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:41 pm

InLikeFlint wrote:It's not like every girl in UG is a complete dime. I really think law guys only dating within LS is due in large part to being lazy and getting too sucked into their own law school experience.


Of course not. But generally speaking, a real-life 5 law school chick is way more willing to put up with a nerdy law school guy than a real-life 5 chick from the population at large.

What women find attractive is highly influenced by their social context. In Chicago at large, that means big fratty big-10 grads. In law school, they're much more willing to consider 5-8" geeks with a love of con law.
Last edited by rayiner on Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
AreJay711
Posts: 3406
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Do LS students date as much as one did in undergrad??

Postby AreJay711 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:43 pm

rayiner wrote:
IAFG wrote:
BigBlueLaw wrote:
IAFG wrote:My peers, assuming you mean law girls, are willing to date law students on the DL which means pretty much no real "dates." But I don't know a SINGLE straight male 1L who dated a non-law student during 1L (unless he started dating her before school). That seems to suggest the pretty young things of Chicago aren't interested in dating male law students.

I know a handful of LS girls who did, and IMO they were generally the cream of the crop, looks and personalitywise.

I don't think that had anything to do with the fact that they are law school students or how they may or may not date. I would say it has more to do with their game, personality, humor and general lazyness towards going outside their zone. I don't really know anyone in LS in Chicago, but I highly doubt going up to an UG or any random chick and telling them you go to law school excites them or has them running in the opposite direction. Whenever I meet a girl, law school, my job and her job are mentioned for no more than 5 minutes of the conversation.

I would say you're quite right: law students haven't proven to have a lot of game. I suppose, though, since this is TLS, everyone ITT is going to be in the top 10% of their class while with nurses and teachers.


As someone who goes to NU as well, she's just stating facts. There are maybe 10-15% of law guys who can land the hot nurses next door. Some are tall, good-looking, and suave, others have parents with money, and others are fratty and athletic (which plays well in the midwest). But your average law nerd? No. They date other law students because only law girls are willing to put up with their particular mix of mediocre looks and lack of athleticism and game.



HAHAHAHaHaHahahahaha............... :(

User avatar
dresden doll
Posts: 6802
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:11 am

Re: Do LS students date as much as one did in undergrad??

Postby dresden doll » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:44 pm

LOL at UG girls' fetishization ITT. Girls at my LS are probably more decent looking on average than the girls at my UG were. Sometimes being in your mid 20s means hitting the gym on the regular because you realize you have yet to catch a guy, while being 18 means thinking you're the bees knees when you're really pretty average.

User avatar
BigBlueLaw
Posts: 725
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:46 pm

Re: Do LS students date as much as one did in undergrad??

Postby BigBlueLaw » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:45 pm

rayiner wrote:
I'd imagine median (game-wise) at NYU gets destroyed by all the finance dudes in town though. At least being a lawyer in Chicago is a respectable profession.


I would agree. However, those finance dudes are complete douchebags and have zero game, they just get tail by flashing all their money. I highly doubt that's the type of guy that pretty and intelligent girls want to date. Assuming these aren't the gold digging types of course.

User avatar
IAFG
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Do LS students date as much as one did in undergrad??

Postby IAFG » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:46 pm

InLikeFlint wrote:
You think your experience might be due to going to a LS that generally attracts nerdier students?

:| NU certainly attracts more marrieds... I mean, relative to, say, Loyola? I dunno, I know a girl who was dating a fratty hot John Marshall student...

User avatar
fatduck
Posts: 4186
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Do LS students date as much as one did in undergrad??

Postby fatduck » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:54 pm

this thread is incredible

User avatar
stratocophic
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: Do LS students date as much as one did in undergrad??

Postby stratocophic » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:55 pm

dresden doll wrote:LOL at UG girls' fetishization ITT. Girls at my LS are probably more decent looking on average than the girls at my UG were. Sometimes being in your mid 20s means hitting the gym on the regular because you realize you have yet to catch a guy, while being 18 means thinking you're the bees knees when you're really pretty average.
Completely dependent on the UG. E.g., WUSTL UG =/= Vandy UG. So far from =. So very, very far from =.

User avatar
rayiner
Posts: 6184
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Do LS students date as much as one did in undergrad??

Postby rayiner » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:56 pm

BigBlueLaw wrote:
rayiner wrote:
I'd imagine median (game-wise) at NYU gets destroyed by all the finance dudes in town though. At least being a lawyer in Chicago is a respectable profession.


I would agree. However, those finance dudes are complete douchebags and have zero game, they just get tail by flashing all their money. I highly doubt that's the type of guy that pretty and intelligent girls want to date. Assuming these aren't the gold digging types of course.


News: the universe of girls that aren't interested in one or more of: 1) money; 2) looks; 3) athleticism; 4) charm/social grace are all in law school.

User avatar
dresden doll
Posts: 6802
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:11 am

Re: Do LS students date as much as one did in undergrad??

Postby dresden doll » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:57 pm

IAFG is showing lots of patience ITT. I'm disappointed.

User avatar
IAFG
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Do LS students date as much as one did in undergrad??

Postby IAFG » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:58 pm

dresden doll wrote:LOL at UG girls' fetishization ITT. Girls at my LS are probably more decent looking on average than the girls at my UG were. Sometimes being in your mid 20s means hitting the gym on the regular because you realize you have yet to catch a guy, while being 18 means thinking you're the bees knees when you're really pretty average.

It's not about how hot they are. It's about how low their expectations are. Which I guess is hot if you can't live up to an older girl's expectations?

User avatar
dresden doll
Posts: 6802
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:11 am

Re: Do LS students date as much as one did in undergrad??

Postby dresden doll » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:00 pm

IAFG wrote:
dresden doll wrote:LOL at UG girls' fetishization ITT. Girls at my LS are probably more decent looking on average than the girls at my UG were. Sometimes being in your mid 20s means hitting the gym on the regular because you realize you have yet to catch a guy, while being 18 means thinking you're the bees knees when you're really pretty average.

It's not about how hot they are. It's about how low their expectations are. Which I guess is hot if you can't live up to an older girl's expectations?


Yeah, but I was under the impression that there was lots of 'UG girls are where it's at since they're hotter anyway' sentiment going on ITT. However, I did not read it fully because your apparent efforts to reason patiently as opposed to mocking where mockery was due disappointed me.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Do LS students date as much as one did in undergrad??

Postby 09042014 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:01 pm

rayiner wrote:
IAFG wrote:
BigBlueLaw wrote:
IAFG wrote:My peers, assuming you mean law girls, are willing to date law students on the DL which means pretty much no real "dates." But I don't know a SINGLE straight male 1L who dated a non-law student during 1L (unless he started dating her before school). That seems to suggest the pretty young things of Chicago aren't interested in dating male law students.

I know a handful of LS girls who did, and IMO they were generally the cream of the crop, looks and personalitywise.

I don't think that had anything to do with the fact that they are law school students or how they may or may not date. I would say it has more to do with their game, personality, humor and general lazyness towards going outside their zone. I don't really know anyone in LS in Chicago, but I highly doubt going up to an UG or any random chick and telling them you go to law school excites them or has them running in the opposite direction. Whenever I meet a girl, law school, my job and her job are mentioned for no more than 5 minutes of the conversation.

I would say you're quite right: law students haven't proven to have a lot of game. I suppose, though, since this is TLS, everyone ITT is going to be in the top 10% of their class while with nurses and teachers.


As someone who goes to NU as well, she's just stating facts. There are maybe 10-15% of law guys who can land the hot nurses next door. Some are tall, good-looking, and suave, others have parents with money, and others are fratty and athletic (which plays well in the midwest). But your average law nerd? No. They date other law students because only law girls are willing to put up with their particular mix of mediocre looks and lack of athleticism and game.


I really think most guys just go about it wrong. They try to gun dating. Focus on one girl they barely know for weeks instead of talking to a bunch of girls. Most law students are just fucking nerds. They weren't getting pussy in UG and they aren't now.

They could get the nurses if they weren't aspie as fuck around women.

DK33
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:25 pm

Re: Do LS students date as much as one did in undergrad??

Postby DK33 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:07 pm

HAHHAHAAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

User avatar
englawyer
Posts: 1270
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:57 pm

Re: Do LS students date as much as one did in undergrad??

Postby englawyer » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:10 pm

I've heard reports of Harvard undergrads trolling Langdell for HLS guys. I have no personal experience with that though lol.

Lady Croft
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:32 pm

Re: Do LS students date as much as one did in undergrad??

Postby Lady Croft » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:16 pm

Desert Fox wrote:I really think most guys just go about it wrong. They try to gun dating. Focus on one girl they barely know for weeks instead of talking to a bunch of girls. Most law students are just fucking nerds. They weren't getting pussy in UG and they aren't now.

They could get the nurses if they weren't aspie as fuck around women.


I love how you talk as if you aren't one of those aspie as fuck kids.

User avatar
IAFG
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Do LS students date as much as one did in undergrad??

Postby IAFG » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:16 pm

englawyer wrote:I've heard reports of Harvard undergrads trolling Langdell for HLS guys. I have no personal experience with that though lol.

Yeah I heard a rumor that NU UGs come down from Evanston to try to pick up NU law students. The closest I have actually seen is male NU med students lurking around the atrium, and a few awkward/unattractive female physical therapy students trying to pick up guys at Northwestern Med-Law speed dating.

User avatar
IAFG
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Do LS students date as much as one did in undergrad??

Postby IAFG » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:17 pm

Lady Croft wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:I really think most guys just go about it wrong. They try to gun dating. Focus on one girl they barely know for weeks instead of talking to a bunch of girls. Most law students are just fucking nerds. They weren't getting pussy in UG and they aren't now.

They could get the nurses if they weren't aspie as fuck around women.


I love how you talk as if you aren't one of those aspie as fuck kids.

Inorite. "Hey since I have been in a relationship all year, and went through a massive dry spell before her, let me tell you how to pick up chicks as a 1L..."

Lady Croft
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:32 pm

Re: Do LS students date as much as one did in undergrad??

Postby Lady Croft » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:18 pm

IAFG wrote:
Lady Croft wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:I really think most guys just go about it wrong. They try to gun dating. Focus on one girl they barely know for weeks instead of talking to a bunch of girls. Most law students are just fucking nerds. They weren't getting pussy in UG and they aren't now.

They could get the nurses if they weren't aspie as fuck around women.


I love how you talk as if you aren't one of those aspie as fuck kids.

Inorite. "Hey since I have been in a relationship all year, and went through a massive dry spell before her, let me tell you how to pick up chicks as a 1L..."


Even better, "let me tell you about the time I tried to pick up a girl but she turned out to rob me while in a cab without my noticing"

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Do LS students date as much as one did in undergrad??

Postby 09042014 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:19 pm

IAFG wrote:
Lady Croft wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:I really think most guys just go about it wrong. They try to gun dating. Focus on one girl they barely know for weeks instead of talking to a bunch of girls. Most law students are just fucking nerds. They weren't getting pussy in UG and they aren't now.

They could get the nurses if they weren't aspie as fuck around women.


I love how you talk as if you aren't one of those aspie as fuck kids.

Inorite. "Hey since I have been in a relationship all year, and went through a massive dry spell before her, let me tell you how to pick up chicks as a 1L..."


Sometimes you luck out. I'm definitely one of the aspie fucks.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests