Do LS students date as much as one did in undergrad?? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
NotoriousIIED

New

Re: Do LS students date as much as one did in undergrad??

Post by NotoriousIIED » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:11 am

ITT: A bunch of Eskimos discuss the tropics

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:13 am

NotoriousIIED wrote:ITT: A bunch of Eskimos discuss the tropics
162-ish. Might go higher later because I am pissed and it's monday.

Lady Croft

New

Post by Lady Croft » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:15 am

bjsesq wrote:
I've missed you. If that makes you feel better at all.

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:16 am

Lady Croft wrote:
bjsesq wrote:
It does. Thanks.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:17 am

LOL at BJS saying he got his. Though TBF his hookup with the doorman counts as outside the law school.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Thirteen

Diamond

Post by Thirteen » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:18 am

fumagalli wrote:
Thirteen wrote:
fumagalli wrote:This thread is being controlled by, like, 5 people.

I'm not sure if I should believe any of this...
Have any specific questions?
I was just curious whether LS students have TIME to date?
I'm curious because about what ppl say about how much time they have to spend time into getting good grades.(especially when you're 1L)

I'm not interested in whether anybody is attractive or not, or whether it is a waste of money and everything.
I somehow missed your question, but the other posters nailed it. You'll have time to date; many people would rather spend that time doing something else. I spent my free time watching football, working out, and hitting bars with friends.

glewz

Silver

Post by glewz » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:18 am

worldtraveler wrote:I love how all of these threads are started by boys. In general, I've found that women in law school are on the whole pretty attractive and also have at least decent social skills. The men...not so much. Generally pretty short, nerdy, not very athletic, fairly arrogant, and sometimes painfully awkward. There are obviously exceptions, but it seems like the guys should be more worried about whether a law school girl would want to date them rather than the other way around.
dresden doll wrote:
glewz wrote: mmmm, I can find ways in which it relates.
But you have yet to explain them.
Ok. The article claims that men are more successful in marketing their school prestige & intellect than women; in fact, the brand of intelligence tends to hurt women's dating prospects. WT is saying that guys should be worried about whether a LS girl would want to date them, whereas if we take the opinion of the article, LS guys would inherently heighten their dating outlooks. This certainly isn't a direct reply to dating within the law school, but instead suggests that LS men have it better outside of LS.

The burden of worry therefore would be placed on women, whose LS & intellect stamp detracts from their dating in general.

englawyer

Silver

Post by englawyer » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:18 am

my theory is that there are two axes for guys: stability/reliability/breadwinner axis and hot/athletic/alpha axis. the quadrants and corresponding female decision algorithms:

Quadrant I: stability/reliability/breadwinner AND hot/athletic/alpha. Marriage material. Also one night stand material. Maybe try to convert one night stand into relationship (usually fails).

Quadrant II: stability/reliability/breadwinner only. Maybe LTR/Marriage if looking to settle and cant score Quadrant I. Don't one night stand or put out but go on some dates if he isn't repulsive.

Quadrant III: neither. ignore.

Quadrant IV: hot/athletic/alpha only. One night stand material.

i think LS for guys helps in the dating market, but only along the "stability/reliability/breadwinner" axis. this is not enough to get girls by itself because you will be in Quadrant II. Quadrant II MIGHT get you a LTR/Marriage with a half decent girl but you won't get any casual sex and/or high quality girl. You still need to improve yourself (hit the gym etc) into Quadrant I.

hopefully this post makes sense. :D

Lady Croft

New

Post by Lady Croft » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:18 am

bjsesq wrote:
Lady Croft wrote:
bjsesq wrote:
It does. Thanks.
I shared a fail you might enjoy in BP. <3

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:19 am

Desert Fox wrote:LOL at BJS saying he got his. Though TBF his hookup with the doorman counts as outside the law school.
Bitch, I gave you temporary amnesia with some of my win. Don't play.

glewz

Silver

Post by glewz » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:20 am

brose wrote:
glewz wrote:
brose wrote:
Thirteen wrote:
It is a little harsh, but it's also credited. My school is an exception to the rule (the guys look better than the girls here), but I have a few friends that go to law schools full of decent girls that look significantly better than the guys.
I knew I should've gone there. Damn.
Pepperdine & Vanderbilt law schools bro ;)
Haha, I'm a girl.... and my post still stands ;)
ooooooh you were talking about 13's school

dresden doll

Platinum

Post by dresden doll » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:22 am

glewz wrote: Ok. The article claims that men are more successful in marketing their school prestige & intellect than women; in fact, the brand of intelligence tends to hurt women's dating prospects. WT is saying that guys should be worried about whether a LS girl would want to date them, whereas if we take the opinion of the article, LS guys would inherently heighten their dating outlooks. This certainly isn't a direct reply to dating within the law school, but instead suggests that LS men have it better outside of LS.

The burden of worry therefore would be placed on women, whose LS & intellect stamp detracts from their dating in general.
Okay, I get what you're saying, although I'll add that I've never seen things play out like that. There's plenty of bright guys outside of LS and IME, bright guys seek out bright girls for dating purposes.

glewz

Silver

Post by glewz » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:22 am

englawyer wrote:my theory is that there are two axes for guys: stability/reliability/breadwinner axis and hot/athletic/alpha axis. the quadrants and corresponding female decision algorithms:

Quadrant I: stability/reliability/breadwinner AND hot/athletic/alpha. Marriage material. Also one night stand material. Maybe try to convert one night stand into relationship (usually fails).

Quadrant II: stability/reliability/breadwinner only. Maybe LTR/Marriage if looking to settle and cant score Quadrant I. Don't one night stand or put out but go on some dates if he isn't repulsive.

Quadrant III: neither. ignore.

Quadrant IV: hot/athletic/alpha only. One night stand material.

i think LS for guys helps in the dating market, but only along the "stability/reliability/breadwinner" axis. this is not enough to get girls by itself because you will be in Quadrant II. Quadrant II MIGHT get you a LTR/Marriage with a half decent girl but you won't get any casual sex and/or high quality girl. You still need to improve yourself (hit the gym etc) into Quadrant I.

hopefully this post makes sense. :D
8 am......................but it makes sense lol

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Thirteen

Diamond

Post by Thirteen » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:25 am

brose wrote:
Thirteen wrote:
It is a little harsh, but it's also credited. My school is an exception to the rule (the guys look better than the girls here), but I have a few friends that go to law schools full of decent girls that look significantly better than the guys.
Yep, you should have made it happen. Dallas is full of beautiful girls and hot guys, and this also applies to SMU Law.

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:25 am

dresden doll wrote:
glewz wrote: Ok. The article claims that men are more successful in marketing their school prestige & intellect than women; in fact, the brand of intelligence tends to hurt women's dating prospects. WT is saying that guys should be worried about whether a LS girl would want to date them, whereas if we take the opinion of the article, LS guys would inherently heighten their dating outlooks. This certainly isn't a direct reply to dating within the law school, but instead suggests that LS men have it better outside of LS.

Okay, I get what you're saying, although I'll add that I've never seen things play out like that. There's plenty of bright guys outside of LS and IME, bright guys seek out bright girls for dating purposes.
Hey, next let's talk about santa and the easter bunny!

glewz

Silver

Post by glewz » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:26 am

dresden doll wrote:

Oh heck yeah, the article was a terrible joke. And in any case, I'd imagine sparks flying when law school guys spend a ridiculous amt of time with LS women.

glewz

Silver

Post by glewz » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:30 am

Thirteen wrote:
brose wrote:
Thirteen wrote:
Yep, you should have made it happen. Dallas is full of beautiful girls and hot guys, and this also applies to SMU Law.
I remember visiting TX - for some reason when I was there, I got the sense that the women were buffer than average. no?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

brose

Silver

Post by brose » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:31 am

glewz wrote:
Thirteen wrote:
brose wrote:
Thirteen wrote:
I remember visiting TX - for some reason when I was there, I got the sense that the women were buffer than average. no?
Where did you go? I'd say Austin is, on the whole, a more "fit" city than others... but there's buff/non buff people everywhere. I think we have some of the fattest cities in the US! lol

ETA: Oh, I'm right! --LinkRemoved--

Thirteen

Diamond

Post by Thirteen » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:34 am

glewz wrote:
Thirteen wrote:
brose wrote:
Thirteen wrote:
The women here are pretty toned, but I never really noticed if they were more jacked than women in other parts of the country.

glewz

Silver

Post by glewz » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:37 am

Thirteen wrote:The women here are pretty toned, but I never really noticed if they were more jacked than women in other parts of the country.
brose wrote: Where did you go? I'd say Austin is, on the whole, a more "fit" city than others... but there's buff/non buff people everywhere. I think we have some of the fattest cities in the US! lol

Yeah Austin, Houston. Built :) but now I take that back given the menshealth website that brose linked.

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:38 am

As an aside: have any of the men ever gone through a time when the more sexually active women they have slept with were suprisingly vanilla? It seems like the ones who get down less often have been suprisingly freaky.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

brose

Silver

Post by brose » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:40 am

bjsesq wrote:As an aside: have any of the men ever gone through a time when the more sexually active women they have slept with were suprisingly vanilla? It seems like the ones who get down less often have been suprisingly freaky.
Maybe they're willing to make the most of it because it's less common? haha

brose

Silver

Post by brose » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:41 am

glewz wrote:
Thirteen wrote:The women here are pretty toned, but I never really noticed if they were more jacked than women in other parts of the country.
brose wrote: Where did you go? I'd say Austin is, on the whole, a more "fit" city than others... but there's buff/non buff people everywhere. I think we have some of the fattest cities in the US! lol

Yeah Austin, Houston. Built :) but now I take that back given the menshealth website that brose linked.
Well, Austin is one of the fittest cities, so that would make sense... Houston, eh...

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:41 am

brose wrote:
bjsesq wrote:As an aside: have any of the men ever gone through a time when the more sexually active women they have slept with were suprisingly vanilla? It seems like the ones who get down less often have been suprisingly freaky.
Maybe. I dunno, it wasn't always like this. More of a recent thing.

paratactical

Platinum

Post by paratactical » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:43 am

bjsesq wrote:
brose wrote:
Maybe. I dunno, it wasn't always like this. More of a recent thing.
tbf, I've known some easy chicks that were crazy in bed and some easy chicks that are deadfish. I think it depends on why they easy.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”