Do LS students date as much as one did in undergrad?? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
fatduck

Gold

Re: Do LS students date as much as one did in undergrad??

Post by fatduck » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:05 pm

does $400/month count fancy dinners on my dad's credit card?

rayiner

Platinum

Post by rayiner » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:05 pm

splitmuch wrote:
naterj wrote:Museums, operas and ballets? This bitch must think she's Kate Middleton.

<3
And she expects it from dudes going into huge debt.

Like I said before, nurses and school teachers.
As noted before, the difference in debt load is really trivial. And exactly what do you think those dudes will be buying on their big law salaries? XBoxes and hot pockets?

splitmuch

Silver

Post by splitmuch » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:05 pm

rayiner wrote:
splitmuch wrote:
emciosn wrote:
splitmuch wrote:
Nurses and school teachers. Nurses and school teachers.
Dated an elementary teacher throughout my first year and it went pretty good. Not too complicated. Dating a girl that is in my law class would drive me crazy I think. I do not need somebody that knows when I should be studying or not and bitching at me about getting my school work done, etc... I get enough of that as it is.

I will say that I'm pretty sure two people in my section were dating that sat in front of me in a couple of classes and it was a pretty good deal for the guy. He barely came to class and she always took notes for him.
He thought it was a good deal. Gunner bitch probably messed up his notes.

But yeah, nurses and school teachers tend to be pretty low maintenance, relatively smart (though this does not hold true for the prek through like 3rd grade teachers), have good "maternal" (taking care of you) instincts, and can be surprising nymphos. in another thread DF said TCR for NU is the nurses at the hospital next door. I'm looking forward to chicago.
While this is certainly true, do note that in order to bag the nurses next door you're competing with actual doctors. Not "students" living off loans, but legit doctors at a top teaching hospital. And they're hot. Chiseled jaws and great abs and the whole bit. You stand no chance.
I competed with actual doctors for the last two nurses I dated....

splitmuch

Silver

Post by splitmuch » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:06 pm

IAFG wrote:
splitmuch wrote:
I guess I'm confident enough in the totality of my attributes that I think I can get by without dropping 400$ a month. I'm not a total cheapass with girls, and on initial dates I'll spend freely, but if a girl requires that Ill just find another who doesn't.
QFP.

QFP?

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:07 pm

this thread is quickly becoming worthless without pics

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Jack Smirks

Silver

Post by Jack Smirks » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:08 pm

fatduck wrote:this thread is quickly becoming worthless without pics
I hope you brought some money with you.

BigBlueLaw

Silver

Post by BigBlueLaw » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:08 pm

fatduck wrote:whatever you do, stay away from school nurses
Curiosity peaked...why?

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:09 pm

BigBlueLaw wrote:
Curiosity peaked...why?
bad experience once.

in high school.

rayiner

Platinum

Post by rayiner » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:11 pm

albusdumbledore wrote:There comes a point in a relationship where it's just silly to carry on some contrived notion of "going out". If you can't enjoy each other's company without breaking the bank, well, that's when you're doing it wrong. That's not to say you can't go out every now and then and have a nice dinner, but $400/month seems pretty damn excessive to me.
I'm sorry to break it to you dudes. But once you graduate college and start working as a lawyer in a place like NYC or Chicago or DC, you will not be among girls who think $400/month on dates is "excessive."

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:12 pm

splitmuch wrote:
IAFG wrote:
splitmuch wrote:
I guess I'm confident enough in the totality of my attributes that I think I can get by without dropping 400$ a month. I'm not a total cheapass with girls, and on initial dates I'll spend freely, but if a girl requires that Ill just find another who doesn't.
QFP.

QFP?
Quoted for posterity. Because I know law students who came in with that mentality and are desperately, pathetically, bitch-and-moaningly single. In fact, NUers, do you know anyone who managed to snag and maintain a relationship with a non-law student girl during 1L? I mean other than JD-MBAs.

BigBlueLaw

Silver

Post by BigBlueLaw » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:13 pm

fatduck wrote:
BigBlueLaw wrote:
Curiosity peaked...why?
bad experience once.

in high school.
Pimpin' pimpin'. Please explain.

splitmuch

Silver

Post by splitmuch » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:14 pm

IAFG wrote:
splitmuch wrote:
IAFG wrote:
splitmuch wrote:
QFP.

QFP?
Quoted for posterity. Because I know law students who came in with that mentality and are desperately, pathetically, bitch-and-moaningly single. In fact, NUers, do you know anyone who managed to snag and maintain a relationship with a non-law student girl during 1L? I mean other than JD-MBAs.
Uh oh. So I should rethink my "no I don't want to do distance" speech from a week ago?

BigBlueLaw

Silver

Post by BigBlueLaw » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:14 pm

rayiner wrote:
albusdumbledore wrote:There comes a point in a relationship where it's just silly to carry on some contrived notion of "going out". If you can't enjoy each other's company without breaking the bank, well, that's when you're doing it wrong. That's not to say you can't go out every now and then and have a nice dinner, but $400/month seems pretty damn excessive to me.
I'm sorry to break it to you dudes. But once you graduate college and start working as a lawyer in a place like NYC or Chicago or DC, you will not be among girls who think $400/month on dates is "excessive."
Yeah, but until then...$20 dates FTW.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

dailygrind

Diamond

Post by dailygrind » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:15 pm

IAFG wrote:
splitmuch wrote:
IAFG wrote:
splitmuch wrote:
QFP.

QFP?
Important takeaway here folks: come to UVA, a college town, where the supply of otherwise prestigious men is lower, and the cost of entertainment is less likely to break the bank.

splitmuch

Silver

Post by splitmuch » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:16 pm

dailygrind wrote:
Important takeaway here folks: come to UVA, a college town, where the supply of otherwise prestigious men is lower, and the cost of entertainment is less likely to break the bank.
Too late to switch my app to ED?

BigBlueLaw

Silver

Post by BigBlueLaw » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:18 pm

dailygrind wrote:
But no mention of the quality of the female body? If they are slammin' I am on my way.

albusdumbledore

Silver

Post by albusdumbledore » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:18 pm

dailygrind wrote: Important takeaway here folks: come to UVA, a college town, where the supply of otherwise prestigious men is lower, and the cost of entertainment is less likely to break the bank.
And then take the job in Texas. Pay only federal taxes, buy a small mansion, and enjoy beautiful southern women (who won't expect a dating budget that is half your mortgage).
Last edited by albusdumbledore on Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

dailygrind

Diamond

Post by dailygrind » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:18 pm

splitmuch wrote:
dailygrind wrote:
Too late to switch my app to ED?
Maybe not. So far as I know we don't put a limit on when you can do it...but applications were a little while ago for me.

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:19 pm

dailygrind wrote:
I think is is a fair takeaway. In Chicago, there's a better supply of non-students to date.

The guys I know who tried to date UGs in Chicago just did miserably, too. First, they're older and fatter than UG guys. Second, they don't have the sort of free time UG guys do. If you are also surviving on a shoestring budget, I don't know why a UG girl would pick you over a UG guy. Because you have a 60% chance of making 6 figures?

dailygrind

Diamond

Post by dailygrind » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:20 pm

BigBlueLaw wrote:
dailygrind wrote:
But no mention of the quality of the female body? If they are slammin' I am on my way.
Lots of attractive women. Maybe not on the order of Los Angeles or Miami, but there's a good, well known, southern undergrad attached to the law school.

BigBlueLaw

Silver

Post by BigBlueLaw » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:22 pm

dailygrind wrote:
BigBlueLaw wrote:
dailygrind wrote:
Lots of attractive women. Maybe not on the order of Los Angeles or Miami, but there's a good, well known, southern undergrad attached to the law school.
Sold. See you soon. :D

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:23 pm

BigBlueLaw wrote:
dailygrind wrote:
BigBlueLaw wrote:
dailygrind wrote:
Sold. See you soon. :D
i guess you're new here, but dailygrind is a dude.

flcath

Silver

Post by flcath » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:25 pm

Much the same way NU selects for work experience, Notre Dame seeks to build a class of 75% married/engaged students.

splitmuch

Silver

Post by splitmuch » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:26 pm

flcath wrote:Much the same way NU selects for work experience, Notre Dame seeks to build a class of 75% married/engaged students.
As a recent UG graduate: SMC dude. SMC.

BigBlueLaw

Silver

Post by BigBlueLaw » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:30 pm

fatduck wrote: i guess you're new here, but dailygrind is a dude.
I knew that from the fitness thread. Just a sucker for southern beauties. You can only deal with so much hipster shit in NYC.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”