Do LS students date as much as one did in undergrad?? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
AreJay711

Gold

Re: Do LS students date as much as one did in undergrad??

Post by AreJay711 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:02 pm

People go on dates with there girlfriends? Interesting.

BigBlueLaw

Silver

Post by BigBlueLaw » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:04 pm

AreJay711 wrote:People go on dates with there girlfriends? Interesting.

bilbobaggins

Silver

Post by bilbobaggins » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:04 pm

Anyone who thinks spending money on dating is a waste isn't doing it right.

paratactical

Platinum

Post by paratactical » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:05 pm

GeePee wrote:Are you going out to dinner on every date? Even if you were, $50/dinner for 8 dinners = $400, and that's a fairly upscale dinner twice a week. I used to do something close to that absurd, but it only takes you so far. Cooking dinner yourself or going to do something else like attractions/museums/movies (even at $11/ticket and spending ticket value on popcorn and/or beverage, that date only comes out to around $30-35).

I'd like to clarify that I agree with your overall reasoning, but not your methods.

I'd also like to clarify that Chipotle is delicious, but you're right -- it's not a date.
I can spend $50 on a dinner date for me and my man if we're just getting something quick and not something romantic. $50 for two people is not upscale, it's moderately nice and okay. You need at least $100 if you want wine and more than just an entree at a nice place.

BigBlueLaw

Silver

Post by BigBlueLaw » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:06 pm

bilbobaggins wrote:Anyone who thinks spending money on dating is a waste isn't is doing it right.
One night stands FTW. :lol:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

emciosn

Bronze

Post by emciosn » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:07 pm

splitmuch wrote:
bilbobaggins wrote:Some people date, some don't. Some people date law students, some don't. Some people continue weird behavior that's been discussed in this thread (not much different from behavior I saw in college) and some don't.

Did you date a lot in undergrad? If so, you can probably continue to. If not, well, who knows. I found after dating people at school that I got tired of it and just the law school bullshit in general and started dating girls who know nothing about the law. So far, it's been a pretty good idea.

Nurses and school teachers. Nurses and school teachers.
Dated an elementary teacher throughout my first year and it went pretty good. Not too complicated. Dating a girl that is in my law class would drive me crazy I think. I do not need somebody that knows when I should be studying or not and bitching at me about getting my school work done, etc... I get enough of that as it is.

I will say that I'm pretty sure two people in my section were dating that sat in front of me in a couple of classes and it was a pretty good deal for the guy. He barely came to class and she always took notes for him.

Jack Smirks

Silver

Post by Jack Smirks » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:08 pm

BigBlueLaw wrote:
bilbobaggins wrote:Anyone who thinks spending money on dating is a waste isn't is doing it right.
Enjoy your AIDS.

MC Southstar

Silver

Post by MC Southstar » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:08 pm

IAFG wrote:
fatduck wrote: i read this as:

downstream's last hooker < DF's girlfriend < realdoll
Those dolls are hot, and age better than white girls anyway.
Most things age better than white girls.

bilbobaggins

Silver

Post by bilbobaggins » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:10 pm

BigBlueLaw wrote:
Eh, a string of one night stands is generally more work for worse sex than sticking with a girl for more than an evening.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

BigBlueLaw

Silver

Post by BigBlueLaw » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:10 pm

naterj wrote:
BigBlueLaw wrote:
Enjoy your AIDS.
When it's HIV it can be cured: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/1 ... 96521.html

AreJay711

Gold

Post by AreJay711 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:11 pm

bilbobaggins wrote:Anyone who thinks spending money on dating is a waste isn't doing it right.
But if you have one bagged then what is the point? I get just as much sex if I spend money on dates or just do cheap stuff like rent a movie or walk to the park.

BigBlueLaw

Silver

Post by BigBlueLaw » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:12 pm

bilbobaggins wrote:
BigBlueLaw wrote:
Eh, a string of one night stands is generally more work for worse sex than sticking with a girl for more than an evening.
I'll give you that. But then they get clingy... :?

bilbobaggins

Silver

Post by bilbobaggins » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:12 pm

AreJay711 wrote:
bilbobaggins wrote:Anyone who thinks spending money on dating is a waste isn't doing it right.
But if you have one bagged then what is the point? I get just as much sex if I spend money on dates or just do cheap stuff like rent a movie or walk to the park.
How I interpret this post - $20 park hooker > $50 dinner date.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

bilbobaggins

Silver

Post by bilbobaggins » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:12 pm

BigBlueLaw wrote:
bilbobaggins wrote:
BigBlueLaw wrote:
True, but then you politely move on.

splitmuch

Silver

Post by splitmuch » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:14 pm

emciosn wrote:
splitmuch wrote:
Nurses and school teachers. Nurses and school teachers.
Dated an elementary teacher throughout my first year and it went pretty good. Not too complicated. Dating a girl that is in my law class would drive me crazy I think. I do not need somebody that knows when I should be studying or not and bitching at me about getting my school work done, etc... I get enough of that as it is.

I will say that I'm pretty sure two people in my section were dating that sat in front of me in a couple of classes and it was a pretty good deal for the guy. He barely came to class and she always took notes for him.
He thought it was a good deal. Gunner bitch probably messed up his notes.

But yeah, nurses and school teachers tend to be pretty low maintenance, relatively smart (though this does not hold true for the prek through like 3rd grade teachers), have good "maternal" (taking care of you) instincts, and can be surprising nymphos. in another thread DF said TCR for NU is the nurses at the hospital next door. I'm looking forward to chicago.

BigBlueLaw

Silver

Post by BigBlueLaw » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:14 pm

bilbobaggins wrote:
BigBlueLaw wrote:
Is it still polite if you silently move on without a text or a call?

GeePee

Silver

Post by GeePee » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:15 pm

paratactical wrote:
GeePee wrote:Are you going out to dinner on every date? Even if you were, $50/dinner for 8 dinners = $400, and that's a fairly upscale dinner twice a week. I used to do something close to that absurd, but it only takes you so far. Cooking dinner yourself or going to do something else like attractions/museums/movies (even at $11/ticket and spending ticket value on popcorn and/or beverage, that date only comes out to around $30-35).

I'd like to clarify that I agree with your overall reasoning, but not your methods.

I'd also like to clarify that Chipotle is delicious, but you're right -- it's not a date.
I can spend $50 on a dinner date for me and my man if we're just getting something quick and not something romantic. $50 for two people is not upscale, it's moderately nice and okay. You need at least $100 if you want wine and more than just an entree at a nice place.
Yeah, I knew "upscale" wasn't really the right word but didn't want to change it. Obviously, going to an awesome dinner with $25-30 entrees, appetizer, dessert, and a bottle of wine is going to run upwards of $100, but this isn't something that I (or many people I know) partake in more than every few months. So, I didn't factor it into the overall monthly budget, but I suspect that the rest of my activity for the rest of the months where these dates happen tends to show regression to the mean anyway.
Last edited by GeePee on Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

bilbobaggins

Silver

Post by bilbobaggins » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:15 pm

BigBlueLaw wrote:
bilbobaggins wrote:
BigBlueLaw wrote:
Hahaha, no, but it's better than being an overt asshole.

splitmuch

Silver

Post by splitmuch » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:17 pm

bilbobaggins wrote:
BigBlueLaw wrote:
bilbobaggins wrote:
BigBlueLaw wrote:
Hahaha, no, but it's better than being an overt asshole.
Actually the polite thing to do is be such an overt asshole that they think they are dumping you. Keeps their self-esteem up and prevents recurring drama.

GamblingLaw

New

Post by GamblingLaw » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:20 pm

The best advice is to try to sate your prurient and unwholesome desires by studying the law.

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:21 pm

AreJay711 wrote:
once you leave the scrubby world of undergrad, any pretty pleasant girl with sense in her head is going to want more than a redbox DVD and an evening of dodging dogshit in a park. seriously... walks in parks? who actually does this regularly?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

BigBlueLaw

Silver

Post by BigBlueLaw » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:26 pm

IAFG wrote:
AreJay711 wrote:
once you leave the scrubby world of undergrad, any pretty pleasant girl with sense in her head is going to want more than a redbox DVD and an evening of dodging dogshit in a park. seriously... walks in parks? who actually does this regularly?
No, no, no. Netflix and a park with no dogshit(come on, what parks do you go to that actually require dogshit dodging?!). That'll keep the pleasant ladies entertained for a while.

splitmuch

Silver

Post by splitmuch » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:28 pm

IAFG wrote:
AreJay711 wrote:
Actually its the pretty and pleasant ones who are ok with low key and cheap outings. Unless shes an absolute dime piece (and even then, its iffy), any girl that you need to drop 100 bucks a week on during law school is not worth dating.

imjustjoking22

Bronze

Post by imjustjoking22 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:30 pm

Boys... scrap the pricey dinner, give massage instead. Guaranteed sex. Guaranteed.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:31 pm

imjustjoking22 wrote:Boys... scrap the pricey dinner, give massage instead. Guaranteed sex. Guaranteed.
Who dates someone who isn't going to actually fuck them.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”