Do LS students date as much as one did in undergrad?? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
existenz

Silver

Re: Do LS students date as much as one did in undergrad??

Post by existenz » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:08 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:Dear posters in this thread,

Thank you for reminding me of why law students are idiots who I would never want to date.

xoxo,

Holly
How about writers who are just in law school for lulz?

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:09 pm

Renzo wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:
thecilent wrote:My last relationship was about 11 months. At about the 10-month mark, I got kinda bored with the sex, and we were having great sex. I guess it just comes down to do you really love the girl. If you do, you probably won't get tired of the sex. If you don't really love her, you're going to want other chicks
It's not about love. It's about not being boring in bed.
As an old person in a long-term committed relationship, I'm here to tell you there's an arc. It generally gets better, then it tapers off and gets a little boring. The boring state can still by pretty good, but it's still boring.

Imagine if you could only eat chicken. There's plenty of ways to prepare it, and the more you do it, the better you're going to get; so after a while you'll be making the best goddamn chicken in the whole world. But there will be a day when you're like, "fuck--enough with the chicken already. I just want a hamburger."
Eh, I'm a vegetarian.

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:10 pm

existenz wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:Dear posters in this thread,

Thank you for reminding me of why law students are idiots who I would never want to date.

xoxo,

Holly
How about writers who are just in law school for lulz?
Obviously the exception. :wink:

Renzo

Gold

Post by Renzo » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:10 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:
Renzo wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:
thecilent wrote:My last relationship was about 11 months. At about the 10-month mark, I got kinda bored with the sex, and we were having great sex. I guess it just comes down to do you really love the girl. If you do, you probably won't get tired of the sex. If you don't really love her, you're going to want other chicks
It's not about love. It's about not being boring in bed.
As an old person in a long-term committed relationship, I'm here to tell you there's an arc. It generally gets better, then it tapers off and gets a little boring. The boring state can still by pretty good, but it's still boring.

Imagine if you could only eat chicken. There's plenty of ways to prepare it, and the more you do it, the better you're going to get; so after a while you'll be making the best goddamn chicken in the whole world. But there will be a day when you're like, "fuck--enough with the chicken already. I just want a hamburger."
Eh, I'm a vegetarian.
Ah, so you have a proven tolerance for boring.

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:14 pm

I believe my classmates/IRL friends on here can vouch for my aversion to boredom and monotony. And as far as dating goes, I get bored with most people almost immediately. But when I have been with someone where the sex is really good and exciting, I just haven't really seen it taper off the way other people are describing.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

thecilent

Gold

Post by thecilent » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:16 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:I believe my classmates/IRL friends on here can vouch for my aversion to boredom and monotony. And as far as dating goes, I get bored with most people almost immediately. But when I have been with someone where the sex is really good and exciting, I just haven't really seen it taper off the way other people are describing.
Yeah cause it sounds like you haven't been in a longterm relationship

You ever have sex with the same person almost daily for over a year?
Last edited by thecilent on Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

existenz

Silver

Post by existenz » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:17 pm

Holly has a tolerance for aspie, given the time she spends with DF, IAFG, Rayiner, et al. But boring? No.

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:17 pm

thecilent wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:I believe my classmates/IRL friends on here can vouch for my aversion to boredom and monotony. And as far as dating goes, I get bored with most people almost immediately. But when I have been with someone where the sex is really good and exciting, I just haven't really seen it taper off the way other people are describing.
Yeah cause it sounds like you haven't been in a longterm relationship
2.5 years, 1.5 years and 1 year, respectively

dresden doll

Platinum

Post by dresden doll » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:19 pm

thecilent wrote: You ever have sex with the same person almost daily for over a year?
Oh, hai.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:20 pm

thecilent wrote: You ever have sex with the same person almost daily for over a year?
See above.

existenz

Silver

Post by existenz » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:21 pm

I had sex with the same person for over 5 years. It was better at the end than it was at the beginning.

thecilent

Gold

Post by thecilent » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:22 pm

Ok ok well fuck me then idk

dresden doll

Platinum

Post by dresden doll » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:25 pm

existenz wrote:I had sex with the same person for over 5 years. It was better at the end than it was at the beginning.
That's cause you're an uncool aspie, bro.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Renzo

Gold

Post by Renzo » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:26 pm

existenz wrote:I had sex with the same person for over 5 years. It was better at the end than it was at the beginning.
I guess maybe some folks are naturally inclined towards monogamy, and others are not.

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:28 pm

Renzo wrote:
I guess maybe some folks are naturally inclined towards monogamy, and others are not.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

bartleby

Silver

Post by bartleby » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:31 pm

exception, not the rule

crossingforHYS

Silver

Post by crossingforHYS » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:49 pm

IAFG wrote:
AreJay711 wrote: Yeah apparentlythe straight guys around here pull massive bait-and-switches: fun and interesting to date! ... for 6 months. Then it's xboxes and hot pockets.
so you're saying crossing and i are dating closet cases? or you just can't imagine there are men who act like men once they leave UG?
IAFG...you are officially my favorite poster.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Curry

Post by Curry » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:54 pm

crossingforHYS wrote:
IAFG wrote:
AreJay711 wrote: Yeah apparentlythe straight guys around here pull massive bait-and-switches: fun and interesting to date! ... for 6 months. Then it's xboxes and hot pockets.
so you're saying crossing and i are dating closet cases? or you just can't imagine there are men who act like men once they leave UG?
I feel like I said this once, she blushed, and we never interacted again.

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:56 pm

Curry wrote:
crossingforHYS wrote:
IAFG wrote:
Don't mind her, that's just the aspergers showing.

dresden doll

Platinum

Post by dresden doll » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:58 pm

bartleby wrote:
exception, not the rule
And how would you know that?

Patriot1208

Platinum

Post by Patriot1208 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:27 pm

Things I learned ITT:

Bcgeagles never gets laid, I should do well in chicago being fratty and athletic, DF somehow tricked everyone into thinking he is getting laid, and Holly is likely freakier than any girl I've been with because boring sex does happen and usually it's the females who don't want to spice it up more.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:13 pm

Curry wrote:
crossingforHYS wrote:
IAFG wrote:
Sorry, I have been semi-retired due to school and getting laid more often than twice a month.

Thirteen

Diamond

Post by Thirteen » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:27 pm

Lady Croft wrote:
bceagles182 wrote:My point remains the same. Taking girls out on dates is a waste of money if your only goal is to sleep with as many women as possible with the lowest expenses incurred.
The point isn't to get as many women as possible but to get laid as often as possible. Getting laid comes easier and more regularly with a gf than striking out night after night with random chicks in the hopes that you get lucky 25% of the time.
Both bolded statements are credited. If you enjoy the thrill of the chase, don't mind rejection, and care more about smashing new girls than getting consistent ass, take bceagles's approach. If you're only trying to hit it, don't pay to play. If you would rather get sex whenever you want it, and with a person that you trust, go with LC's approach.

At certain points of my life, I've felt like going out a lot and seeing how many girls I could pull. At other times, I'd rather chill at home with someone I enjoy and care about. Since I started law school, I've found that I don't have the time or energy to chase ass, so I've been in chill mode.

zanda

Silver

Post by zanda » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:14 pm

We really should stop pretending that we work all the time. If there's no time to date you're doing it very very wrong.

flcath

Silver

Post by flcath » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:30 am

zanda wrote:We really should stop pretending that we work all the time. If there's no time to date you're doing it very very wrong.
There were legitimately kids who would *study* in the library for 10-12 hours per day.

I would see them and think to myself "what the fuck are they doing?" I literally would not know how to fill half that time.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”