Do LS students date as much as one did in undergrad?? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
dailygrind

Diamond

Re: Do LS students date as much as one did in undergrad??

Post by dailygrind » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:54 am

flcath wrote:
zanda wrote:We really should stop pretending that we work all the time. If there's no time to date you're doing it very very wrong.
There were legitimately kids who would *study* in the library for 10-12 hours per day.

I would see them and think to myself "what the fuck are they doing?" I literally would not know how to fill half that time.
I've drifted in and out of that study mode. The problem is really that I'm terrible at partitioning my time. There are people at UVA who party hard and study hard, and I think still come out with good grades. When I study, I've usually got a tab open that I'm redditing on, and another that I'm TLS'ing on. So although I "study" more often than most, I probably spend an equivalent amount of time actually working on the material.

imjustjoking22

Bronze

Post by imjustjoking22 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:40 pm

zanda wrote:We really should stop pretending that we work all the time. If there's no time to date you're doing it very very wrong.
Case in point: this forum.

bilbobaggins

Silver

Post by bilbobaggins » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:27 pm

IAFG wrote:
BigBlueLaw wrote:
IAFG wrote: My peers, assuming you mean law girls, are willing to date law students on the DL which means pretty much no real "dates." But I don't know a SINGLE straight male 1L who dated a non-law student during 1L (unless he started dating her before school). That seems to suggest the pretty young things of Chicago aren't interested in dating male law students.

I know a handful of LS girls who did, and IMO they were generally the cream of the crop, looks and personalitywise.
I don't think that had anything to do with the fact that they are law school students or how they may or may not date. I would say it has more to do with their game, personality, humor and general lazyness towards going outside their zone. I don't really know anyone in LS in Chicago, but I highly doubt going up to an UG or any random chick and telling them you go to law school excites them or has them running in the opposite direction. Whenever I meet a girl, law school, my job and her job are mentioned for no more than 5 minutes of the conversation.
I would say you're quite right: law students haven't proven to have a lot of game. I suppose, though, since this is TLS, everyone ITT is going to be in the top 10% of their class while with nurses and teachers.
Bottom 1/3rd of my class. Top 10% in dating outside of it. Go figure. ;)

smokyroom26

Bronze

Post by smokyroom26 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:16 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:
bceagles182 wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:
bceagles182 wrote:Getting laid with the same chick gets boring after like a month IMO. But I suppose to each his own.
Doing it wrong.
If you say so, but once the freshness wears off, there is a point were the sex is no longer good enough to justify listening to the increased nagging, forced exclusivity, and expectations about going on dates/buying gifts. Depends on the chick, but there aren't many that are cool enough to warrant keeping around at that expense.
Yes, I do say so. Seriously. You are doing it wrong. And I am absolutely right on this one.

I'm not even going to get into the part that's not bolded. :roll:
love. My personal experience with law school boys: whiny, immature, terrible in bed

fumagalli

New

Post by fumagalli » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:29 am

This thread is being controlled by, like, 5 people.

I'm not sure if I should believe any of this...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Thirteen

Diamond

Post by Thirteen » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:05 am

fumagalli wrote:This thread is being controlled by, like, 5 people.

Have any specific questions?

paratactical

Platinum

Post by paratactical » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:12 am

IAFG wrote:the rumors of my rack are quite overblown.

I almost never lose whole girls in them. I'm no para.
Found this.

Also, you guys are seriously arguing that sex with someone tops out at 10 months? LOLOLOL. Time to hit the sex toy shop, buckos.

worldtraveler

Platinum

Post by worldtraveler » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:17 am

I love how all of these threads are started by boys. In general, I've found that women in law school are on the whole pretty attractive and also have at least decent social skills. The men...not so much. Generally pretty short, nerdy, not very athletic, fairly arrogant, and sometimes painfully awkward. There are obviously exceptions, but it seems like the guys should be more worried about whether a law school girl would want to date them rather than the other way around.

fumagalli

New

Post by fumagalli » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:52 am

Thirteen wrote:

I was just curious whether LS students have TIME to date?
I'm curious because about what ppl say about how much time they have to spend time into getting good grades.(especially when you're 1L)

I'm not interested in whether anybody is attractive or not, or whether it is a waste of money and everything.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

fumagalli

New

Post by fumagalli » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:53 am

worldtraveler wrote:I love how all of these threads are started by boys. In general, I've found that women in law school are on the whole pretty attractive and also have at least decent social skills. The men...not so much. Generally pretty short, nerdy, not very athletic, fairly arrogant, and sometimes painfully awkward. There are obviously exceptions, but it seems like the guys should be more worried about whether a law school girl would want to date them rather than the other way around.
Wow, this is mean. I think the women in LS should worry how fast they are aging.

Thirteen

Diamond

Post by Thirteen » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:02 am

fumagalli wrote:
worldtraveler wrote:I love how all of these threads are started by boys. In general, I've found that women in law school are on the whole pretty attractive and also have at least decent social skills. The men...not so much. Generally pretty short, nerdy, not very athletic, fairly arrogant, and sometimes painfully awkward. There are obviously exceptions, but it seems like the guys should be more worried about whether a law school girl would want to date them rather than the other way around.
Wow, this is mean. I think the women in LS should worry how fast they are aging.
It is a little harsh, but it's also credited. My school is an exception to the rule (the guys look better than the girls here), but I have a few friends that go to law schools full of decent girls that look significantly better than the guys.

worldtraveler

Platinum

Post by worldtraveler » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:21 am

fumagalli wrote:
Everybody ages. How is this unique to women?
fumagalli wrote:
Thirteen wrote:

I was just curious whether LS students have TIME to date?
I'm curious because about what ppl say about how much time they have to spend time into getting good grades.(especially when you're 1L)

I'm not interested in whether anybody is attractive or not, or whether it is a waste of money and everything.
You have time for what is important to you. If dating someone is important to you, you can make time for it. You just don't have time for everything. Plenty of people make sure they have time to go to the gym, have time with their families, play a sport or follow a hobby. I feel like I have a lot of free time during law school. There are some rough patches but I have time for an active social life, I've taken some weekend trips, and I still have time to do tutoring part-time.

dresden doll

Platinum

Post by dresden doll » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:24 am

I love you. THANK GOD SOMEONE FINALLY POINTED THIS OUT.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

brose

Silver

Post by brose » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:29 am

Thirteen wrote:
It is a little harsh, but it's also credited. My school is an exception to the rule (the guys look better than the girls here), but I have a few friends that go to law schools full of decent girls that look significantly better than the guys.
I knew I should've gone there. Damn.

glewz

Silver

Post by glewz » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:35 am

dresden doll wrote:
http://www.thecrimson.com/article/2002/ ... -bomb-its/

"Why doesn’t the H-Bomb seem to work for women? Using Harvard to impress a dating prospect implies the need to gain an advantage over the other party. Conventional wisdom traditionally places the man in the position of impressing the woman. It also insists that men don’t like women who are too smart.

Last semester, Tina Rivers ’05 was getting down at Boston club Who’s On First. 'I ended up getting, um, intimate on the dance floor with a certain fellow who rather struck my fancy,' says Rivers. 'He was chatting me up and all was going well. Then he asked me where I went to school.'

Oh, dreaded Harvard. Rivers says that when she broke the news, he 'straightened himself and backed away from me, taking me in with this remote, detached look of awe.'

His parting words? 'Wow, you must be really smart. Do you mind if I ask you what your SAT score was?'"

glewz

Silver

Post by glewz » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:36 am

brose wrote:
Thirteen wrote:
Pepperdine & Vanderbilt law schools bro ;)

dresden doll

Platinum

Post by dresden doll » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:44 am

glewz wrote:
dresden doll wrote:

"Why doesn’t the H-Bomb seem to work for women? Using Harvard to impress a dating prospect implies the need to gain an advantage over the other party. Conventional wisdom traditionally places the man in the position of impressing the woman. It also insists that men don’t like women who are too smart.

Last semester, Tina Rivers ’05 was getting down at Boston club Who’s On First. 'I ended up getting, um, intimate on the dance floor with a certain fellow who rather struck my fancy,' says Rivers. 'He was chatting me up and all was going well. Then he asked me where I went to school.'

Oh, dreaded Harvard. Rivers says that when she broke the news, he 'straightened himself and backed away from me, taking me in with this remote, detached look of awe.'

His parting words? 'Wow, you must be really smart. Do you mind if I ask you what your SAT score was?'"
I fail to see how your post relates to mine.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

glewz

Silver

Post by glewz » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:47 am

dresden doll wrote:
glewz wrote:
dresden doll wrote:

I fail to see how your post relates to mine.
Oh, the article comments on the statement, "it seems like the guys should be more worried about whether a law school girl would want to date them rather than the other way around."

swinger

Bronze

Post by swinger » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:48 am

rayiner wrote:
bceagles182 wrote:You don't have time or money to go on dates. People usually just hook up once in a while, and try not to let anyone know about it even though everyone finds out anyway. It's a rumor mill.
There is plenty of time and money to go on dates. It's just that people in LS are retarded.
Agreed. You should not be doing work 16/7 (allowing for your 8 hours of sleep, of course). There is PLENTY of time for dating. I went out to dinner/dates probably an average of around once a week. Get your work done beforehand and you will have plenty of time to gel your hair/put on your dress, get dinner, go back and 'watch a movie', etc. 1L year is demanding, yes, but if you don't make time for things you enjoy doing (like dating and the benefits that come from it) you will lose your mind.

Dating undergrads is generally harder because of the time issue- they have TONS of it and can go out and get wasted on Tuesdays, its less likely that we can do that every week. BUT that doesnt mean they are impossible to date. I dated one for a little while 1L year, it was fine once she understood my lack of availability some nights.

Dating your fellow law students is easy, but can lead to problems down the road if you are too cavalier.

dresden doll

Platinum

Post by dresden doll » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:50 am

glewz wrote:
dresden doll wrote: I fail to see how your post relates to mine.
Oh, the article comments on your statement, "it seems like the guys should be more worried about whether a law school girl would want to date them rather than the other way around."
Oh, but it doesn't. Reread WT's post.

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:50 am

I get mine just fine. Most people seem to. As to the recent turn to comparing men and women in law school: it's a mistake to focus on gender generally. There are aspy fucks on both sides. Cool, horny people on both sides too. It's a bit comical that someone thinks people stop fucking simply because they go to law school. C'mon now.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

pleasetryagain

Silver

Post by pleasetryagain » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:54 am

glewz wrote:
brose wrote:
Thirteen wrote:
cant speak to Pepperdine but bold is definitely credited.

glewz

Silver

Post by glewz » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:00 am

dresden doll wrote:
glewz wrote:
dresden doll wrote: I fail to see how your post relates to mine.
Oh, the article comments on your statement, "it seems like the guys should be more worried about whether a law school girl would want to date them rather than the other way around."
Oh, but it doesn't. Reread WT's post.
mmmm, I can find ways in which it relates.

brose

Silver

Post by brose » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:01 am

glewz wrote:
brose wrote:
Thirteen wrote:
Haha, I'm a girl.... and my post still stands ;)

dresden doll

Platinum

Post by dresden doll » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:01 am

glewz wrote: mmmm, I can find ways in which it relates.
But you have yet to explain them.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”