Common to get a request to return to old law school..... Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
studebaker07

Bronze

Common to get a request to return to old law school.....

Post by studebaker07 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:48 pm

.... because I just got an offer from the school I transferred from asking me to come back and finish all my classes at the school. They would offer me full credit for all of the classes I took at my new school. Kind of weird I thought...

3ThrowAway99

Gold

Re: Common to get a request to return to old law school.....

Post by 3ThrowAway99 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:50 pm

lolwut.. that almost sounds like they didn't take you off one of their listserves.. but then again not really because of the offered credit thing. So this is a year after leaving?? Did you express interest in going back?

studebaker07

Bronze

Re: Common to get a request to return to old law school.....

Post by studebaker07 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:55 pm

No not at all and that's what's so weird about it. I mean, I haven't contacted them for anything since they tried to convince me to stay last year. The letter was glowing about the february bar passage rates and how three students from the school got top grades on the bar. Nothing about jobs though except that they said they would help me secure an externship or internship "no matter what my rank".

I'm like, "No thanks" because externships/internships are a dime a dozen at my current school. Besides, its time to shift focus and concentrate on securing long-term employment. Internships? Pssh!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”