Getting by in Law School with the least possible effort???

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Holly Golightly

Re: Getting by in Law School with the least possible effort???

Postby Holly Golightly » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:30 am

MVPson wrote:I stopped reading for class. Typed, literally, every single word the teacher said. Then created an outline off the notes I had taken from class. Booked not one, but two classes, without having read a single page.

So, strategy-wise, just write down everything that leaves your teacher's mouth and then the last three weeks put together an outline.

For one of my classes, I outlined straight from my in-class notes, and it was definitely the way to go.

On the other hand, if I had tried to do that for my civpro or conlaw class, or one of my electives, I probably would have gotten a B-...if I was lucky. Not all professors actually teach the subject in class. I had several profs who would come to class just wanting to either babble or stroke their own egos, and going to class was essentially useless.

TL;DR - whether this will work depends entirely on the prof/class.

XxSpyKEx

Postby XxSpyKEx » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:18 am

Just put your exam ID on the exam and a couple convoluted sentences and you'll pass, assuming you are at a t14. You really have to piss off a prof to somehow not get at least a C (e.g. sleeping with the profs wife and then mentioning that you are the person who fucked his wife on the exam). A prof at my school actually admitted that him and other profs dont even bother to read pass/fail exams (implying that it literally is impossible to fail a law school class at a t14 - at least with those profs)

Geat27

Postby Geat27 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:12 am

Take traditional classes with exams. Don't go to class, and spend all your study time reviewing Emanuel's and, if you can find them, quality outlines made by other students (check against the syllabus to make sure you are covering the right material). Concentrate on this type of preparation, and on taking practice exams. Go to office hours if you have specific questions about the materials.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”