The Hijacked Booze Thread [Formerly how to deal with LS] Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
cronous

New

The Hijacked Booze Thread [Formerly how to deal with LS]

Post by cronous » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:22 pm

I need some tips to keep me motivated as I am in the final leg of my law school torture session (I am a rising 4L, part time). I already had job in the patent field prior to coming to law school and greatly enjoy my work. However I utterly detest coming to law school. The classes are completely retarded and pointless. I learn nothing that advances my career or makes me more valuable to my employer. I seriously was about to walk to up to one professor one day and tell him that his lectures were little more than mindless drivel that I could not give two sh*ts about. Seriously does anyone have any suggestions to cope with this??? Absolutely pathetic that I have to pay these retards $$ for them to torture me while being I get paid to do work that I enjoy. I must be a masochist or something.
Last edited by cronous on Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

FantasticMrFox

Silver

Re: Hating Law School, how can I deal with it????

Post by FantasticMrFox » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:27 pm

What was your original reason for going to law school? Maybe the problem lies there

cronous

New

Post by cronous » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:33 pm

FantasticMrFox wrote:What was your original reason for going to law school? Maybe the problem lies there
Career advancement. I am in the market for nothing more than a piece of paper right now. Heck I would pay triple tuition to buy said piece of paper if it was legal. My problems lies with the fact that I am doing something I hate. People can tolerate doing things they hate for a future benefit, but after 3 years it becomes miserable.

socraticmethodman

Bronze

Post by socraticmethodman » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:36 pm

cronous wrote:I need some tips to keep me motivated as I am in the final leg of my law school torture session (I am a rising 4L, part time). I already had job in the patent field prior to coming to law school and greatly enjoy my work. However I utterly detest coming to law school. The classes are completely retarded and pointless. I learn nothing that advances my career or makes me more valuable to my employer. I seriously was about to walk to up to one professor one day and tell him that his lectures were little more than mindless drivel that I could not give two sh*ts about. Seriously does anyone have any suggestions to cope with this??? Absolutely pathetic that I have to pay these retards $$ for them to torture me while being I get paid to do work that I enjoy. I must be a masochist or something.
cronous wrote:
FantasticMrFox wrote:What was your original reason for going to law school? Maybe the problem lies there
Career advancement. I am in the market for nothing more than a piece of paper right now. Heck I would pay triple tuition to buy said piece of paper if it was legal. My problems lies with the fact that I am doing something I hate. People can tolerate doing things they hate for a future benefit, but after 3 years it becomes miserable.
I'm confused?

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:38 pm

--ImageRemoved--

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cronous

New

Post by cronous » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:40 pm

socraticmethodman wrote:
cronous wrote:I need some tips to keep me motivated as I am in the final leg of my law school torture session (I am a rising 4L, part time). I already had job in the patent field prior to coming to law school and greatly enjoy my work. However I utterly detest coming to law school. The classes are completely retarded and pointless. I learn nothing that advances my career or makes me more valuable to my employer. I seriously was about to walk to up to one professor one day and tell him that his lectures were little more than mindless drivel that I could not give two sh*ts about. Seriously does anyone have any suggestions to cope with this??? Absolutely pathetic that I have to pay these retards $$ for them to torture me while being I get paid to do work that I enjoy. I must be a masochist or something.
cronous wrote:
I'm confused?
How so? The first post states that I learn nothing that advances my career. This is correct. The piece of paper does advance my career but not because I learned anything.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:46 pm

Dude, too expensive.

--ImageRemoved--

blsingindisguise

Silver

Post by blsingindisguise » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:47 pm

Most people find their last law school a little tough to get through because you get the itch to just get out of there and start working. Nonetheless, you seem really angry to a degree that exceeds your situation. Do you have a job lined up? Did you not do as well as you thought? Is there financial stress that's getting to you?

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:50 pm

This thread is now about whisk(e)y.

Evan Williams is aggressively bad. I have old paint I wouldn't use Evan Williams to remove. There's no reason to stoop that low.

Glenfiddich 12 is in the perfect price point. The bottle is expensive, but it's in the same range as most decent liquors. It's still quite cheap on a "per alcoholic drink" basis, and in my opinion the benefit you get from a more expensive brand or older single malt just isn't worth it. I kind of like the burn, and I -LOVE- flat out -LOVE- the taste and smell the sherry oak cask imparts. A lot of scotch claims to age in sherry casks, but man is it obvious in glenfiddich 12.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

JusticeHarlan

Gold

Post by JusticeHarlan » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:52 pm

Psh, you southerners and your bourbons.

While I enjoy the 'fiddich, I prefer the 'livet, but I'm pretty unadventurous on my scotches (rarely wander outside of Speyside).

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:52 pm

thesealocust wrote:This thread is now about whisk(e)y.

Evan Williams is aggressively bad. I have old paint I wouldn't use Evan Williams to remove. There's no reason to stoop that low.

Glenfiddich 12 is in the perfect price point. The bottle is expensive, but it's in the same range as most decent liquors. It's still quite cheap on a "per alcoholic drink" basis, and in my opinion the benefit you get from a more expensive brand or older single malt just isn't worth it. I kind of like the burn, and I -LOVE- flat out -LOVE- the taste and smell the sherry oak cask imparts. A lot of scotch claims to age in sherry casks, but man is it obvious in glenfiddich 12.
Dude, until I'm JOBSECURE, the best I'll do is probably Early (Surly) Times. When I drink, I drink a lot, and I really can't afford it otherwise.

Though I agree with your thoughts about Glenfiddich 12 generally.

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:53 pm

I love Jameson's too. Jameson's is probably my favorite whisk(e)y to mix with cola.

Also Jack Daniels isn't classy by any stretch of the imagination, but for some reason I love it in a whisk(e)y sour.
rad law wrote:Dude, until I'm JOBSECURE, the best I'll do is probably Early (Surly) Times. When I drink, I drink a lot, and I really can't afford it otherwise.

Though I agree with your thoughts about Glenfiddich 12 generally.
Yeah, I guess if you need your drink of choice to work for a binge it changes the calculations. For that I like to get cheap tequila though. If you're already self-loathing and flagellating yourself, might as well go all the way.

JusticeHarlan

Gold

Post by JusticeHarlan » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:54 pm

thesealocust wrote:I love Jameson's too. Jameson's is probably my favorite whisk(e)y to mix with cola.

Also Jack Daniels isn't classy by any stretch of the imagination, but for some reason I love it in a whisk(e)y sour.
I love Jameson because it's so versatile: sip it, shoot it, mix it, it's all good.

Jack and Cokes are also credited.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:55 pm

Good point re: Jameson's versatility. I was quite pleased when I found out a bar around the corner from me this summer often has $3 Jameson's shots / mixed drinks. That'll do nicely.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:58 pm

Yeah I don't really drink, I binge.

If I make it big though, I'll drink Jack. Lots of Jack. Love the stuff.

stratocophic

Gold

Post by stratocophic » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:59 pm

JusticeHarlan wrote:
thesealocust wrote:I love Jameson's too. Jameson's is probably my favorite whisk(e)y to mix with cola.

I love Jameson because it's so versatile: sip it, shoot it, mix it, it's all good.

Jack and Cokes are also credited.
A J&C is always credited. Gotta break out that Jim Beam Rye every so often though.

JusticeHarlan

Gold

Post by JusticeHarlan » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:59 pm

thesealocust wrote:Good point re: Jameson's versatility. I was quite pleased when I found out a bar around the corner from me this summer often has $3 Jameson's shots / mixed drinks. That'll do nicely.
<-------- is jealous.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:00 pm

Jim Beam is great, but for some reason I'll only have it if somebody else has already opened a bottle. Never finds its way into my cart when I'm at the liquor store or to the tip of my tongue when I'm at a bar.

stratocophic

Gold

Post by stratocophic » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:01 pm

thesealocust wrote:Jim Beam is great, but for some reason I'll only have it if somebody else has already opened a bottle. Never finds its way into my cart when I'm at the liquor store or to the tip of my tongue when I'm at a bar.
Same, but I think for me it's usually just because Jack or Maker's is the first thing that always pops into my head. Once they've got the reflex, they've got you.

FantasticMrFox

Silver

Post by FantasticMrFox » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:59 pm

lol @ the sudden change in this thread's direction :lol:

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:03 am

FantasticMrFox wrote:lol @ the sudden change in this thread's direction :lol:
Sudden? It sounds to me like folks are answering the question. This might be the most topical thread I've seen in weeks.

Granted, I haven't really been around in weeks, but still.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:18 am

rad law wrote:Yeah I don't really drink, I binge.

If I make it big though, I'll drink Jack. Lots of Jack. Love the stuff.

this is how you do it.

by the way, if you drink jamesion dont add cola. drink it on the rocks or drink a well whisky if you want cola.

especially dont do this if you order jack. Jack on the rocks, or double jack on the rocks. no cola.EVER

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:31 am

vanwinkle wrote:
FantasticMrFox wrote:lol @ the sudden change in this thread's direction :lol:
Sudden? It sounds to me like folks are answering the question. This might be the most topical thread I've seen in weeks.

Granted, I haven't really been around in weeks, but still.
:D TITCR.

FantasticMrFox

Silver

Post by FantasticMrFox » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:32 am

cronous wrote:I need some tips to keep me motivated
never drank to motivate myself before :shock: i should try this sometime

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:35 am

FantasticMrFox wrote:
cronous wrote:I need some tips to keep me motivated
never drank to motivate myself before :shock: i should try this sometime
It dulls the pain.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”