Graduation gift Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
AJaKe

Bronze

Graduation gift

Post by AJaKe » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:09 pm

So, a query:

Is a briefcase still the standard(parent-to-child) law school graduation gift?

What about friend-to-friend?

If you received or gave a graduation gift, what was it?

porgie

Bronze

Re: Graduation gift

Post by porgie » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:40 am

I think a check made out to "Sallie Mae" in any amount would probably be well-received.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:47 am

--ImageRemoved--

shoeshine

Silver

Post by shoeshine » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:41 am

I have a friend who recently graduated from a TTT law school and her dad (who is a lawyer himself) got her a condo and a new car.

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:52 am

shoeshine wrote:I have a friend who recently graduated from a TTT law school and her dad (who is a lawyer himself) got her a condo and a new car.
Okay, I hate her.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

beach_terror

Platinum

Post by beach_terror » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:54 am

RAD, BANNABLE OFFENSE BRO

shoeshine

Silver

Post by shoeshine » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:57 am

Holly Golightly wrote:
shoeshine wrote:I have a friend who recently graduated from a TTT law school and her dad (who is a lawyer himself) got her a condo and a new car.
Okay, I hate her.
The worst part was that she wasn't even that grateful. He announced it at her graduation party in front of her family and friends (this is how I know what it was) and she was just sort of like "oh that's okay I guess".

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:01 am

shoeshine wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:
Okay, I hate her.
The worst part was that she wasn't even that grateful. He announced it at her graduation party in front of her family and friends (this is how I know what it was) and she was just sort of like "oh that's okay I guess".
What a dumb whore.

Peg

Bronze

Post by Peg » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:42 am

Holly Golightly wrote:
shoeshine wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:
Okay, I hate her.
What a dumb whore.
+1

I know someone who got a trip to Thailand. She graduated with mediocre grades from a school that is just barely in the Tier 2, but her uncle is getting her a job, so who cares? PHUKET, WOOO!

I wouldn't dream of asking my parents for anything, they're already helping me out with rent, bills, textbooks, etc and that's bad enough.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:18 am

shoeshine wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:
Okay, I hate her.
In fairness to her, it's kind of embarrassing to have one's parent announce to everyone in her life "OH LOOK I'M BUYING HER CAR AND HOUSE SHE'S STILL A CHILD WHO NEEDS DADDY LOL"

Fortunately, my parents are dirt poor, so I don't have to worry about such awkwardness, but still.

SmittenMitten

Bronze

Post by SmittenMitten » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:49 pm

porgie wrote:I think a check made out to "Sallie Mae" in any amount would probably be well-received.

I am willing to bet the amount I'll have in debt when this is all over that the SECOND my degree is awarded to me, my parents both put their hands out.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”