Got an F - Dropping out.... Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
BlueLotus

Gold

Re: Got an F - Dropping out....

Post by BlueLotus » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:37 pm

Gorki wrote:
SEngland wrote:This thread is over 2 years old? Why the hell do people keep replying?
IIRC it was bumped in 2012 by some diff student in similar circumstance, and then a few months ago when some dude at Tulane gave the most recent dood an "F" in civil procedure (it made it to AboveTheLaw).

More to the point just a lot of decent advice about when to avoid the sunken-cost fallacies. TheSeaLocust has a thread on this too going.
The most recent story that made it to ATL was not at Tulane, but TJSL, which like TTTTs routinely flunks a big chunk of the class:
http://abovethelaw.com/2013/09/law-stud ... he-failed/

MauveDinosaur

New

Post by MauveDinosaur » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:12 pm

Void wrote:I still feel like this thread is weaksauce without an explanation for the F. Did he fuck the professor's child or something?
Sorry! I'm not on here very often, for obvious reasons.

The Dean and prof said the grade was legit/deserved, and that there was no clerical error. Prof received all the pages printed from ExamSoft for the F exam.

Btw, since I have nothing to loose at this point, I'll out the T30 as a cautionary tale to 0Ls--it was BC. Guess away at who the prof is; I won't divulge any more details.

If you want to avoid stubborn old coots and an unsupportive administration, stay the fuck away from BC.

PRgradBYU

Silver

Post by PRgradBYU » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:22 pm

I wonder how OP's doing.

Void

Silver

Post by Void » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:23 pm

MauveDinosaur wrote:
Void wrote:I still feel like this thread is weaksauce without an explanation for the F. Did he fuck the professor's child or something?

The Dean and prof said the grade was legit/deserved, and that there was no clerical error. Prof received all the pages printed from ExamSoft for the F exam.

Btw, since I have nothing to loose at this point, I'll out the T30 as a cautionary tale to 0Ls--it was BC. Guess away at who the prof is; I won't divulge any more details.

If you want to avoid stubborn old coots and an unsupportive administration, stay the fuck away from BC.
Damn- no offense, but you must have ROYALLY fucked up that exam.

MauveDinosaur

New

Post by MauveDinosaur » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:51 pm

Void wrote:
MauveDinosaur wrote:

Damn- no offense, but you must have ROYALLY fucked up that exam.
Apparently, I'm not the only one. :shock:
Though the other Fs given out may have been given out for plagiarism/not showing up.

Wonder if OP had the same prof as I did, lol.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

hephaestus

Gold

Post by hephaestus » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:11 pm

PRgradBYU wrote:I wonder how OP's doing.
My guess: not so well.

MauveDinosaur

New

Post by MauveDinosaur » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:17 pm

ImNoScar wrote:
PRgradBYU wrote:I wonder how OP's doing.
My guess: not so well.
He said he had a well-paying finance position that he could return to, IIRC?

BlueLotus

Gold

Post by BlueLotus » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:55 am

What are you doing with your lives outside the law now, OP and the bumper?

Platinum

Post by 03152016 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:59 pm

or you could just pm them

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

FlamingDragon

New

Post by FlamingDragon » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:27 pm

Unless you literally insulted the professor or failed to answer 50% or more of the questions, this grade absolutely should not stand. Talk to the Dean and put this in the context of your enormous investment. Demand that the Dean and an independent board review your exam. Even getting the grade substituted for a D+ or C- would be sufficient to keep you in the running for a decent job.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:55 pm

Dude, commenting on whether any of these grades should stand from exams in 2011 and 2012 isn't very helpful.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”