What does one have to do to make biglaw?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
protein

What does one have to do to make biglaw?

Postby protein » Sun May 29, 2011 4:04 pm

Sorry in advance if this is a stupid question, I tried searching but didn't find much

I know of the usual prerequisites, like going to a T14 school + getting good grades there. But what else do you have to do in order to maximize your chances of making big law? IE extracurricular wise, what sort of stuff should I be participating in?

Thanks!

MrKappus

Re: What does one have to do to make biglaw?

Postby MrKappus » Sun May 29, 2011 4:09 pm

There aren't many things that you can or should be doing, but there is a small amount of very important things. The first and most important is to join the National Biglaw Preparation Association (NBPA, pronounced "Nib-pa"). It's a pre-professional collective that connects you to essential networks of current and future biglaw attorneys, in addition to providing crucial updates, insights, and industry news. You typically have to get invited into it, which requires a referral from two members, so ask around and see how quickly you can secure membership. It's definitely important to do it earlier, rather than later.

protein

Postby protein » Sun May 29, 2011 4:12 pm

MrKappus wrote:There aren't many things that you can or should be doing, but there is a small amount of very important things. The first and most important is to join the National Biglaw Preparation Association (NBPA, pronounced "Nib-pa"). It's a pre-professional collective that connects you to essential networks of current and future biglaw attorneys, in addition to providing crucial updates, insights, and industry news. You typically have to get invited into it, which requires a referral from two members, so ask around and see how quickly you can secure membership. It's definitely important to do it earlier, rather than later.

Can you be my referral? I'll provide sexual favors

smokyroom26

Postby smokyroom26 » Sun May 29, 2011 5:43 pm

:lol:

Kilpatrick

Postby Kilpatrick » Sun May 29, 2011 5:58 pm

MrKappus wrote:There aren't many things that you can or should be doing, but there is a small amount of very important things. The first and most important is to join the National Biglaw Preparation Association (NBPA, pronounced "Nib-pa"). It's a pre-professional collective that connects you to essential networks of current and future biglaw attorneys, in addition to providing crucial updates, insights, and industry news. You typically have to get invited into it, which requires a referral from two members, so ask around and see how quickly you can secure membership. It's definitely important to do it earlier, rather than later.

It's actually the North American Big Law Association (NAmBLA). Ask around about that instead

InLikeFlint

Postby InLikeFlint » Sun May 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Kilpatrick wrote:

It's actually the North American Big Law Association (NAmBLA). Ask around about that instead

Pretty sure that stands for "North American Marlon Brando Look-Alikes." Nice try though.

protein

Postby protein » Sun May 29, 2011 7:54 pm

InLikeFlint wrote:
Kilpatrick wrote:

Pretty sure that stands for "North American Marlon Brando Look-Alikes." Nice try though.

south park reference, i like it

on topic, i hate all of you :(

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”