Sellback Textbooks?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
non sequitur

Sellback Textbooks?

Postby non sequitur » Fri May 27, 2011 3:06 pm

Does anyone here sell back their textbooks from previous semesters? I would like to get rid of these monstrosities, but a part of me wonders if I should keep them for bar studying purposes.

Georgiana

Re: Sellback Textbooks?

Postby Georgiana » Fri May 27, 2011 3:17 pm

non sequitur wrote:Does anyone here sell back their textbooks from previous semesters? I would like to get rid of these monstrosities, but a part of me wonders if I should keep them for bar studying purposes.

You don't need them, sell them while you can!

Bobby Dazzler

Postby Bobby Dazzler » Sat May 28, 2011 2:05 pm

I sell all of mine on amazon. It sucks that they take 15%, but it's so convenient to set up a seller account. Last semester I managed to sell every single book and supplement I had. Already sold one from this past semester. You seriously won't need them for later.

Moxie

Postby Moxie » Sat May 28, 2011 3:21 pm

Bobby Dazzler wrote:I sell all of mine on amazon. It sucks that they take 15%, but it's so convenient to set up a seller account. Last semester I managed to sell every single book and supplement I had. Already sold one from this past semester. You seriously won't need them for later.

I agree on both Amazon + selling your textbooks. Get some money for them while you can!

gwuorbust

Postby gwuorbust » Sat May 28, 2011 6:12 pm

For future reference, what I do is compare in the library how different the older edition is from the newer edition. In many (most?) they just change footnotes and maybe add in one or two cases. But instead of like $100 each they are 1 cent each! This semester I didn't spend more than a sixty bucks on books.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”