Most Underutilized Study Resources

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
HamDel

Most Underutilized Study Resources

Postby HamDel » Wed May 25, 2011 10:59 pm

I know some great books now that I realize would have made my 1L year a lot easier if I had spent a day reviewing. There are some really famous old school series on the topics I was learning that I didn't look at outside of passing references in my textbooks. These explain significant topics in very concise ways that would be super helpful for exams. I wanted to make this thread so that people might be able to supplement their supplements with some books that seem daunting but are actually super simple and helpful. Contributions are welcome. Here are my recommendations, please add if you have found other non- e&e type resources helpful.

Contracts: Corbin on contracts.

Property: Restatement on property.

shepdawg

Re: Most Underutilized Study Resources

Postby shepdawg » Tue May 31, 2011 2:28 pm

Not many people at my school used CALI lessons, but those were great for me. I got A+ in classes that I did all the cali lessons for, but only got A's in those I only did a few CALI lessons for.

onthecusp

Postby onthecusp » Tue May 31, 2011 6:06 pm

I found Cali lessons to be pretty much a waste of time. They were great for certain subjects, such as 2-207 "battle of the forms", but I found the essay style E&E hypo's to be much more helpful. Also, Exam pro was great. I know Cali lessons are mostly hypo's, but I hated how they tried to reteach me the material that I had just learned, when all I wanted to do was get to the hypos, and it can be a pain in the ass maneuvering around the material. Some of the questions were obnoxious, other lessons were great. I don't know....I'm sure they help more people than they hurt.

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:23 am

Acing Contracts

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:27 am

HamDel wrote:Property: Restatement on property.

Only if your prof. likes the Restatement. If not, have fun getting screwed. If your prof. is like most profs., he/she probably doesn't like it.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”