I am just now starting my comment

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
goosey
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:48 pm

I am just now starting my comment

Postby goosey » Sun May 22, 2011 6:37 pm

its due by 11 am tomorrow morning. Am I screwed? We had since 9 am yesterdat morning [for the writing competition]

onthemoney
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:41 pm

Re: I am just now starting my comment

Postby onthemoney » Sun May 22, 2011 6:38 pm

Join the club.

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: I am just now starting my comment

Postby traehekat » Sun May 22, 2011 6:44 pm

wait... what? you only get 50 hours to complete the comment?

User avatar
goosey
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:48 pm

Re: I am just now starting my comment

Postby goosey » Sun May 22, 2011 6:45 pm

traehekat wrote:wait... what? you only get 50 hours to complete the comment?



yeah..ridiculous...

User avatar
BarbellDreams
Posts: 2256
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:10 pm

Re: I am just now starting my comment

Postby BarbellDreams » Sun May 22, 2011 6:53 pm

goosey wrote:
traehekat wrote:wait... what? you only get 50 hours to complete the comment?



yeah..ridiculous...


Look at it like the curve, everyone got that ridiculous deadline. At least its quick and painless and you dont have to waste 2 weeks like the majority of other schools.

User avatar
goosey
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:48 pm

Re: I am just now starting my comment

Postby goosey » Sun May 22, 2011 6:59 pm

BarbellDreams wrote:
goosey wrote:
traehekat wrote:wait... what? you only get 50 hours to complete the comment?



yeah..ridiculous...


Look at it like the curve, everyone got that ridiculous deadline. At least its quick and painless and you dont have to waste 2 weeks like the majority of other schools.


yeah but they were likely less stupid than me and started it at 9 am on saturday. I am so not motivated to do this and am only doing it because I know I will be shooting myself in the foot by not doing it

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: I am just now starting my comment

Postby traehekat » Sun May 22, 2011 6:59 pm

that's crazy! we get like 3 weeks! granted i've wasted pretty much half of that time, but i figure we get three weeks to do all the journal apps (we have to do a separate app for each one), so if im not doing any other one than LR, then i am probably not too far behind.

User avatar
Artemis
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 11:52 pm

Re: I am just now starting my comment

Postby Artemis » Sun May 22, 2011 9:40 pm

Wow, that's a ridiculously short time-frame for LR write-on. Just do your best. Get off TLS and focus. The rest of your classmates are in the same boat. You're almost done though and don't have to spend 1-2 weeks on it as the vast majority of students at other schools do.

User avatar
zanda
Posts: 526
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:36 am

Re: I am just now starting my comment

Postby zanda » Sun May 22, 2011 9:51 pm

Don't you go to Cardozo? I'd be shocked if they started their writing competition on Shabbat (preceding Lag B'Omer no less) and had such a short time line.

User avatar
goosey
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:48 pm

Re: I am just now starting my comment

Postby goosey » Sun May 22, 2011 10:37 pm

zanda wrote:Don't you go to Cardozo? I'd be shocked if they started their writing competition on Shabbat (preceding Lag B'Omer no less) and had such a short time line.



nope brooklyn...




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AquafiNa, BuddyHoller, Google Feedfetcher, sam91 and 11 guests