Supplements for Crim Pro, Health, and Business Assn.? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
traehekat

Gold

Supplements for Crim Pro, Health, and Business Assn.?

Post by traehekat » Sun May 15, 2011 9:28 pm

Any suggestions for supplements these classes? Particularly interested in whether or not you guys think the Examples and Explanations are any good. Also, business associations is the same as corporations, right? Here is our school's description:
Studies the structure and characteristics of the modern business corporation, including both the large, publicly held corporation and the closely held corporation. Particular attention is directed to the distribution of powers among management, directors, and shareholders; the fiduciary duties which limit these powers; and the enforcement of such duties by shareholder suits. The four-credit course will cover these topics as well as a few additional general corporations topics. The course may also cover the basic principles of agency, partnership, and limited partnership law.
Just want to make sure before I buy supplements that are geared towards "corporations" classes.

Bobby Dazzler

New

Re: Supplements for Crim Pro, Health, and Business Assn.?

Post by Bobby Dazzler » Mon May 16, 2011 2:58 am

For crim pro check out Joshua Dressler's Understanding Crim Pro (5th ed) If you're using his textbook then that's hands down the best supplement. I also liked this one http://www.amazon.com/Letter-Outline-Cr ... 935&sr=1-1 quite a bit. Finally, if you have multiple choice questions on your final the Q&A (2nd ed).

Curious to hear suggestions about business associations...

bemidiji41

New

Post by bemidiji41 » Thu May 19, 2011 12:42 pm

@traehekat: If you're taking Crim Pro - Investigation with Prof. R, she recommends the E&E (and it's helpful - the Lexis Q & A kinda sucks in terms of the multiple choice). She also has a ton of old exams on file - just work on those and then go talk to her about them if you have questions.

missinglink

Silver

Post by missinglink » Thu May 19, 2011 3:23 pm

Are you taking summer classes? Seems an odd time of the year to be supplement hunting. :lol:

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Thu May 19, 2011 3:31 pm

missinglink wrote:Are you taking summer classes? Seems an odd time of the year to be supplement hunting. :lol:
eh just figured i'd see if there is any "indispensable" supplement that everyone uses for any of these classes that i could pick up now for cheap.

thanks everyone for suggestions.

missinglink

Silver

Post by missinglink » Thu May 19, 2011 5:10 pm

G ood thinking. It's probably not a bad time to pick up some stuff on the cheap. I'd think about it, but I have no idea what classes I'll be taking, or indeed where I'll be taking them.

This thread is useful though, as I'll probably be taking some of these somewhere.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”