2L Scholarship Application Advice

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
frank galvin

2L Scholarship Application Advice

Postby frank galvin » Sun May 15, 2011 3:27 pm

My school, T2 provides some scholarships for 2Ls. Any advice, I need to write a one page biographical essay. I do not want to threaten to transfer, but my grades so far have been excellent (I will probably finish in top 10% based on the grades I have already) and I can could probably get into the top 50 if I wanted to. I have about a 75% merit scholarship and am looking for a full. I borrowed way too much for undergraduate (so dumb) and do not want to let the debt get out of control.

Thoughts on effective ways to beg for money?

Re: 2L Scholarship Application Advice

Postby JamMasterJ » Sun May 15, 2011 3:36 pm

If your school has a special method of gettig more money, I would do that as well, but the most surefire way of getting a better scholarship is going to them with a transfer acceptance to a better school and saying "X is a great school with really strong job prospects. However, I have friends and connections here and love the school and bumping my scholarship up would make this decision much easier."

This wouldn't come off as a threat, but seems to be the most tried and true method of negotiation

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”